• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

Best Actress prediction (July 2022):

Michelle Yeoh-EEAO

Margot Robbie-Babylon

Anya de Armas-Blonde

Carey Mulligan-She Said

Naomi Ackie-I Wanna Dance with Somebody

I'm starting to think Chazelle will direct another Oscar-winning performance this time around if Babylon overperforms at box office and critics, like La La Land and Whiplash. 

First Man did poorly at box office and killed Gosling's chance instantly.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:09 AM, Donquizote said:

I'm starting to think Chazelle will direct another Oscar-winning performance this time around if Babylon overperforms at box office and critics, like La La Land and Whiplash. 

Jean Smart is coming :clap3:

On 6/24/2022 at 12:31 PM, McNulty said:

I hope so, Taika Waititi is overrated

Last goal wins moved to next year 

19 hours ago, McNulty said:

I’m sorry but the trailer was boring and I’m tired of this big ass ensemble cast that deliver nothing or just one liners.

Hopefully Margot is mid here so her voters can focus on push her Babylon performance.

4 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

Last goal wins moved to next year 

why are they delaying it now? the movie was filmed 2 years ago

Fox is being stupid atm delaying both NGW and Poor Things till next year

4 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

I’m sorry but the trailer was boring and I’m tired of this big ass ensemble cast that deliver nothing or just one liners.

Hopefully Margot is mid here so her voters can focus on push her Babylon performance.

yeah it looked boring for a big ensemble cast. If Margot wants to win an Oscar she needs to be good here too to strengthen her chances more

At this point I can see EEAAO or Top Gun sneaking a Best Picture nom

Edited by McNulty

I still can't get over the fact that Kristen was ROBBED  at gunpoint last year. The best performance of this decade was ignored. This scene alone>>>>>>>>>>>

Elvis: 159M against production budget of 80M :clap3:It will cross 100M domestic in a few days and it's still top 5 at box office chart :clap3:

Minions: 420M against production budget of 80M. 

Minions is doing exceptionally well at box office. Best Original Song and Best Animated Feature noms are locked me thinks.

Edited by Donquizote
edit

Will HER score another nomination for Oscar for Minions? The meltdown if she won again. Just realized that Antanoff also writes that song. 

EDIT: Just realized that it's a cover song :toofunny3:

Edited by Donquizote
edit

6 hours ago, Donquizote said:

I still can't get over the fact that Kristen was ROBBED  at gunpoint last year. The best performance of this decade was ignored. This scene alone>>>>>>>>>>>

She was nominated, didn't deserve to win imo, she felt overacted during the film

Elvis was a mess, great production and use of sound and costumes and makeup but the edition of the movie was so over the top and the whole movie felt like a trailer or a 10min YouTube recap of who was Elvis.

Also using the shady manager as a narrator was a choice, Butler shines when he was on stage and was so energetic but when he was talking with her family or team he felt very plain, I could see a nom for him but not a win.

I feel like Taron did a better job as Elton and yet he was snubbed ? so no one is safe and locked.

:jonny5:Rooting for Carey and Chloe.

Queen is coming for her 4th nomination in 5 years, phew :gaycat5:

At this rate I won't be surprised if Olivia wins her 2nd Oscar before Close wins her first.

gqCjZq4.gif

1 hour ago, Donquizote said:

:jonny5:Rooting for Carey and Chloe.

I am sold, sign me up!

The She Said trailer looks surprisingly great! I could totally see it nabbing noms for BP and Screenplay, idk about acting though. BA feels too stacked already for Carey to get in for this type of role and it doesn't seem like the studio has a main priority for SA. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:09 AM, Donquizote said:

Babylon is probably gonna be more polarizing than anything else he's ever done though and by a wide margin. The leaked script was.. obscene :deadvision: I loved it and think it was (mostly) wonderfully written, but it looks like a lot of the most interesting stuff stayed in the final edit. An NC-17 rating wouldn't be shocking at all, some of the stuff they included puts Showgirls to shame. And it has a much darker/harsher take on Old Hollywood than La La Land. Even if they re-edit and appeal for an R rating, there will be people who feel some type of way about it. :biblio:

On 7/10/2022 at 6:30 AM, McNulty said:

Saw this trailer during Thor it looked awful and boring 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.