95th Academy Awards

hausofdave

'Tar' could've been a great movie if they cut down 1 hour out of it. I mean it's still good but 2h35 for such a simple premise is really overboard and does nothing but a huge disservice. It's a shame because Cate is amazing in it but a large audience will miss it or call it boring because of how long it is.

Look at 'Black Swan', only 1h40 and concise and was able to amass a large audience. Beyond what Arronosfsky could ever hope for.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Donquizote

• hausofdave

• Blade Runner

2 hours ago, Eóghan said:

'Tar' could've been a great movie if they cut down 1 hour out of it. I mean it's still good but 2h35 for such a simple premise is really overboard and does nothing but a huge disservice. It's a shame because Cate is amazing in it but a large audience will miss it or call it boring because of how long it is.

Look at 'Black Swan', only 1h40 and concise and was able to amass a large audience. Beyond what Arronosfsky could ever hope for.

field actually did this on purpose to be ARTY.

from the script: "Based on this script’s page count, it would be reasonable to assume that the total running time for TÁR will be well under two hours. However, this will not be a reasonable film. There will be tempo changes, and soundscapes that require more time than is represented on the page, and of course a great deal of music performed on screen. All this to say, if you are mad enough to greenlight this film, be prepared for one whose necessary length represents these practical accommodations." 

everything everywhere's script is 30 pages longer but 20 minutes shorter.

Edited by fridayteenage

Unfortunately there are zero scenes that one could rationally cut out from TÁR. They're all too excellent. :cm: 

16 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

everything everywhere's script is 30 pages longer but 20 minutes shorter.

Everything Everywhere could cut a good 20-30 minutes in between the 2nd/3rd act imo. 

TAR's runtime is fine.

They could have cut Babylon one hour and maybe it would have snatched that BP nom cause there’s a good movie in there somewhere in that mess :giraffe:

Edited by DONTYELLATME

Tar is an excellent masterpiece. There's nothing you can cut to make from it :jonny5:

I feel like EEAAO is boring and should have been cut for 20-30 minutes. It would have been a better movie imo.

now everything is boring and long, and tar is the opposite? :isudumblmao:

16 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

Unfortunately there are zero scenes that one could rationally cut out from TÁR. They're all too excellent. :cm: 

The interview at the beginning could be easily cut.

SAG ballot

Ensemble: The Banshees of Inisherin
Best Actor: Brendan Fraser
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
Best Supporting Actor: Ke Huy Quan
Best Supporting Actress: Hong Chau

I have £10 on The Fabelmans for best picture at 14/1, pls don’t let me down :jonny:

42 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

I have £10 on The Fabelmans for best picture at 14/1, pls don’t let me down :jonny:

I have $10 on it too lol. There should be bets placed on what kind of corny jokes Kimmel will make as host too.

9 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

congratulations on betting for the academy to make the most vanilla choice possible, that's usually what happens. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, fridayteenage said:

now everything is boring and long, and tar is the opposite? :isudumblmao:

it was a reverse day :toofunny3:

Most lead noms for those currently in their:

20s - Saoirse 3

n/a 2

30s - Jennifer 3

Andrew 2 (turns 40 this year)

Carey 2

40s - Kate, Leo 4

Bradley, Charlize, Joaquin 3

This year:

Saoirse could extend her lead on her peers. 

Carey could match Jennifer with the Bradley biopic. Emma could get to Carey's current level.

Natalie could get to Charlize's level. Kate and Leo could both extend their leads. Bradley/Joaquin could get up to Leo's current level.

Does legend Meryl have an Oscar baity role set up for this year? 

Joaquin possibly getting 2 b2b BA noms and will Bradley finally win the gold or continue to get Glenn'd?

Beau is Afraid is not getting any attention next year. I've seen the script and that movie is wayyy too crazy to get Oscar buzz

Edited by Kylizzle

6 hours ago, hausofdave said:

Joaquin possibly getting 2 b2b BA noms and will Bradley finally win the gold or continue to get Glenn'd?

Bradley is not “Glenn’d” because he is rightfully not considered overdue by the industry.

He only started being taken seriously as an actor last decade, he is not overdue or comparable to people like Glenn, Al Pacino and Leonardo who were snubbed for decades.

He does a lot and that’s why he has so many nominations but that’s part of his problem, voters don’t think he’s overdue for anything - acting, producing, directing or writing, because he isn’t. 

London Film Critics in a few hours :duca:

Random, but my parents still have cable and they have an Oscar hub on the On Demand section and people can vote for what they think will (or want to) win BP. Avatar was #1, Top Gun was #9 :rip:

EEAAO was #2 :coffee:

Queen Cate just won London Film Critics :jonny6:The fact that sweeps all major critic awards. Give her that overdue Oscar now :jonny3:

London's winners is one of the most vanilla sets ever.

white cate

white colin

white kerry

white barry

white florence

white bill

white todd

white martin

white tar

Cate’s 3rd Oscar officially sealed :clap3:

Edited by hausofdave

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.