Wizarding World Emergency: Fantastic Beasts 3 opens with $43M, lowest in WW franchise

Broken

I hope sowewhere down the line they can make a voldemort movie expanding on how he became to be from his life at the school ending with the start of HP1 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• GraceRandolph

• Hilly

• chester

4 hours ago, Arrows said:

Has there ever been a franchise with this much controversy surrounding it?

Johnny Depp thrown out, Rowling being a TERF, Grindelwald vaping the Holocaust, a violent Ezra Miller, Nagini OUT as well, gay lines removed from the film in Chinese theatres etc…. The list is never ending

Kevin Guthrie, who played Abernathy in the first 2 movies, was sentenced to 3 years in prison after being found guilty for sexually assaulting a woman :deadbanana:.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:54 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Watch Everything Everywhere All At Once instead please. 

Everything02.gif

I wish! Is it out in the UK ?

I was planning on going to my local cinema to watch it but I think i'll wait until it hits HBO Max in 45 days

2 hours ago, Hilly said:

Nope. It's only available in select theaters in the US :chick3:.

WB’s executives should sue the TERF for making them lose so much money by being her horrible self on social media :lmao: oh well

It was super bad. ???? Good luck booking the fourth part. Ugh! 

But not some of you all thinking the results are because of JKR :ahh:

Edited by TheFameCurse

2 hours ago, Broken said:

B+ CinemaScore.

Lowest-rated Wizarding World movie.

Same rating as CoG you mean. A tie

Edited by chester

13 hours ago, Broken said:

Nope. It's only available in select theaters in the US :chick3:.

One of the director said that UK dates will be announced :party:

anyway, I saw the movie. I didn’t hate it, there were some cute scenes but it felt flat. 
the way this franchise was handled is tragique 

$40M in just the US, first week, seems pretty good. Like I think it will at least end up breaking even, or possibly even exceed $200M worldwide after a few months.

9 hours ago, Broken said:

B+ CinemaScore.

Lowest-rated Wizarding World movie.

Not surprising.

9 hours ago, TheFameCurse said:

It was super bad. ???? Good luck booking the fourth part. Ugh! 

But not some of you all thinking the results are because of JKR :ahh:

But it still is kinda her fault? Controversy aside, she still co-wrote this film and wrote the previous one as well. 

Edited by Blood Magic

55 minutes ago, Blood Magic said:

Not surprising.

But it still is kinda her fault? Controversy aside, she still co-wrote this film and wrote the previous one as well. 

Yeah I hate her for that. She lost her touch. I think she produced it as well.

I honestly love this movie and it seems the audience liked it too. It has. 84% score by the audience on rotten tomatoes and I think it’s pretty accurate score. It’s not perfect but the story is much better than the 2nd one. It sucks this movie will do overal commercially worse than the 2nd one but I hope the word of the mouth makes it a fan favorite. I won’t be surprised if the next 2 movies will be hbo max exclusive. Jk Rowling is ruining this film with her name attached to it I also think Johnny depp being fired from this movie was a mistake too. Although I think the actor who replace him is very good I herd many fans say they should’ve kept johnny. This movie series sadly has been mishandled and the focus should’ve just been dumboldore from the beginning. 

audience score on RT went up. It was at 80% yesterday, now is 85%.

1 hour ago, Happylittlepunk said:

I honestly love this movie and it seems the audience liked it too. It has. 84% score by the audience on rotten tomatoes and I think it’s pretty accurate score. It’s not perfect but the story is much better than the 2nd one. It sucks this movie will do overal commercially worse than the 2nd one but I hope the word of the mouth makes it a fan favorite. I won’t be surprised if the next 2 movies will be hbo max exclusive. Jk Rowling is ruining this film with her name attached to it I also think Johnny depp being fired from this movie was a mistake too. Although I think the actor who replace him is very good I herd many fans say they should’ve kept johnny. This movie series sadly has been mishandled and the focus should’ve just been dumboldore from the beginning. 

i think this will do better WW in the long run. At least in my city (Buenos Aires) this is selling really well. Almost every screening is at least 50% sold.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:57 PM, Hilly said:

It’s coming.  Date announcement in UK soon according to the directors 

On 4/16/2022 at 7:46 AM, Blood Magic said:

Not surprising.

Well, it’s more like David Yates’ fault now. He needs to stop with his 7 people standing around looking at things happen shenanigans….

On 4/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, Hilly said:

Watch the superior movie instead:

Everything02.gif

panned bomb, it's what she deserves. even before Rowling started lashing out at minorities on twitter, this franchise was lowkey garbaj. 

hope they let it die and cancel the last two installments. 

tumblr_mmy7nadJAk1qzrlhgo2_250.gifv

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.