Wizarding World Emergency: Fantastic Beasts 3 opens with $43M, lowest in WW franchise

Broken

UPDATE:

Box Office: ‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ Aims for $40 Million Domestic Debut

Secrets-of-Dumbledore-scaled-e1648138342564-1024x512.jpg

The odds-on favorite “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore,” the third entry in the “Harry Potter” spinoff series, is expected to debut to at least $40 million from 4,200 North American theaters. Those ticket sales should be enough to surpass the competition — unless last weekend’s champion “Sonic the Hedgehog 2” powers to another strong turnout at the movies. Paramount’s kid friendly sequel opened last weekend to huge $72 million and could add $30 million to $40 million in its second outing.

The prequel saga is intended to be a five-film franchise, but executives at Warner Bros. are waiting to see how “The Secrets of Dumbledore” is received before giving films four and five the greenlight.

J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves co-wrote “Fantastic Beasts 3,” which cost $200 million to produce. It’s on track to land the lowest start for “Harry Potter”-adjacent movies. 

x

Damn! :deadbanana:

Edited by Broken

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Broken

• GraceRandolph

• chester

• Otter

this franchise ruined harry potter

Edited by X~MoviePoP

I didn’t even watch the first one. :chick1:

FB 1 was like, fine? But lost a lot of the magic of the HP films. FB 2 was truly so awful that everyone promptly forgot that it happened and nobody has really been waiting for FB 3. The whole series should be declared non canon and give us an HBO show about The Marauders years in school. 

9 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

her terf author did :coffee2:

i only watched the first movie and that was pretty dull and non eventful i didn’t even bother with the sequel

tbh it’s what she deserves 

even before the JKKK drama these movies were trash

The 2nd movie was so awful and JK is a bigot, I'm surprised it's getting 40m, but it does seem more focused on Hogwarts so that will probably draw some fans in. 

12 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

totally agree! like, as a lifelong diehard HP stan these movies are so insulting.

is this what Star Wars stans felt when watching the prequels? :rip: 

I will still be watching!

Watch Everything Everywhere All At Once instead please. 

Everything02.gif

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Everything02.gif

this :clap3:

I’m a bit confused how WB ever thought this franchise was capable of spawning five movies as what is essentially a side story that is practically a retread of Voldemort with less interesting characters and less narrative tension and no book series to bolster the films. It’s time to give Harry Potter a rest.

is David Yates still the producer of these films? Not surprised. He single-handed ruined HP series for all of us.

34 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Everything02.gif

Yes!! This movie is so good!!!  

5 minutes ago, drmkng said:

is David Yates still the producer of these films? Not surprised. He single-handed ruined HP series for all of us.

Producer? All three movies have been directed by David Yates, lol.

Good. There is so much potential in the Harry Potter universe, it would have been very easy to  create an engaging and amazing story...and then they did this stupid prequel story with not 1 interesting character included in it, they chose the worst possible route to take.

Just abandon this completely and give us a different story.

https://i.imgur.com/V3NmA5t.gif

2 minutes ago, Broken said:

Producer? All three movies have been directed by David Yates, lol.

You got the idea,  mr. director :biggrin:

I knew it, first of all she has huge backlash, the third installment took too long, and WB released it on Ramadan when cinemas are closed in Muslim nations, that alone alienated a huge chunk. 

Curious to see how much it makes worldwide over its whole run. Can't see them not finishing this series but I doubt both a fourth and fifth movie will happen. I do think they'll make a fouth and final one to give us the Grindelwald-Dumbledore and wrap it all up. Probably after that there will be nothing for a few years with WB and JK trying something else. 

1 hour ago, onapearl said:

Does anyone aside from hardcore fans even care about Harry Potter anymore? 

HP is still massive, Fantastic Beasts is not.

They failed when they tried to make this a new series.

Firstly David Yates is tired and has no vision. Secondly the script from every movie has been extremely weak. Lastly most of the characters are not likable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.