iamamiwhoami - ‘Be Here Soon’

ChapelHooker

Gave the whole thing a couple of listens in the last few days and I must say I don't like this as much as I'd hope I would. I don't have any issues with the genre change, I actually like some melodies, my biggest complain with this album is that it's so personal... TOO personal to the point I can't connect with any of it. I'm sure this album makes a lot of sense to Jonna and the subjects are very dear to her heart but it does nothing for me. This is easily the least interesting iam album by a long shot.

But I must say Canyon is a slay! One of the most beautiful songs she's ever released. It gives me chills every time :weeps:

I actually like the first half of the album way more than the second half. Don't wait for me and Zeven are in my top 3 too.

Overall is a very mid album though. But I'm happy for her anyway, I'm sure this album means a lot to her :clap3:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• ChapelHooker

• HausOfGerard

• Dragonfly

On 6/2/2022 at 12:43 PM, original_lifeline said:

but it should've been ionnalee third solo project

this :rip:

for me ionnalee was the more personal side of her music (and be here soon is very personal) and iam was the more mysterious and conceptual side

i don't know why she decided to bring iam back for this, but i think be here soon would sit better in the ionnalee side of her discography

Edited by Venice B

bringing a pillow to the tour yall

1 minute ago, Bacratto said:

bringing a pillow to the tour yall

:rip:

Zeven is still one of the best song she has ever made 

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Zeven is still one of the best song she has ever made 

the one & only bop of the album :coffee2:

not yall trashing the album

the melodies are amazing but the production needs more life 

58 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

this album not even getting a MC page :toofunny2:

Is this a marker for something now? You’re really trying it :toofunny3:

ohhh when’s this coming out again? she was always a wintry artist for me, Goods was always a january walking anthem 

1 hour ago, JoeAg said:

ohhh when’s this coming out again? she was always a wintry artist for me, Goods was always a january walking anthem 

Hun, it’s already out :chick2: Google is your friend. 

:biblio:

2 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Is this a marker for something now? You’re really trying it :toofunny3:

Yeah it is, the album got like one review and made NO noise despite the considerable interest that iamamiwhoami drummed up in the first half of the last decade :toofunny3: Then Jonna runs to twitter to complain about dissatisfied fans when the truth is that the music just isn't great :toofunny2:

15 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

Yeah it is, the album got like one review and made NO noise despite the considerable interest that iamamiwhoami drummed up in the first half of the last decade :toofunny3: Then Jonna runs to twitter to complain about dissatisfied fans when the truth is that the music just isn't great :toofunny2:

okay <3

1 hour ago, 東京. said:

Hun, it’s already out :chick2: Google is your friend. 

oh my dumbass era lol! i’ll do a listen tonight

CALL ME , CALL MYY NAAAMEEE   :jonnycat:

Whack album

I don't understand why fans are so unsatisfied with this album. 

Sure, the album is too tame and organic for an iamamiwhoami album but somehow it kinda fits the overall vibe of their past three projects. 

And this new album, even though is (production wise) their weakest of their 4 albums, it still has an amazing production. 

Besides, this album is WAY better than ionalee's 2 albums in every single way. 

i will only go to the tour if she does 3 songs MAX from this album

this is FAR from being a lame album wtf. Yeah production might not be their most interesting but melodies wise it’s gorgeous.

Also I can’t believe some in here keep saying ‘flying or falling’ is trash / their worst track. I still get goosebumps every time I listen to it

47 minutes ago, Roger said:

Besides, this album is WAY better than ionalee's 2 albums in every single way. 

lies

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.