• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• original_lifeline

• ChapelHooker

• HausOfGerard

• Dragonfly

I'm okay with this album's existence, but it should've been ionnalee third solo project. there was no actual need to reborn iamam for this snoozefest (which I still enjoy, because I support poor independent ladies) :bam:

Half of the album is amazing af and the other half is boring af. 

she knew what she was doing reviving iam... but the iam stans shipped this album back by the release of the third or fourth single :toofunny3:

I haven’t listened to anything so I’ll listen to the full album now

Walking on Air is a CLOSER! I’d say the opener and the closer are the best tracks of the record and absolute career highlights.

Honestly this has nothing in common with her solo work. You should've appreciated bops like JOY and WIPE IT OFF when you got them in the first place!

11 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

Honestly this has nothing in common with her solo work. You should've appreciated bops like JOY and WIPE IT OFF when you got them in the first place!

But it does, it's mediocre like the ionnalee releases. even the worst iamamiwhoami track is better than the snoozes you claim to be bops

2 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

But it does, it's mediocre like the ionnalee releases. even the worst iamamiwhoami track is better than the snoozes you claim to be bops

Well guess what, not anymore! Be Here Soon just dropped :coffee:

I will listen to the full album tonight and see if I like the tracks better together, but this is such a dissapointment coming from EATBF and RTF

1 hour ago, shookspeare said:

We get it x

pretty boring especially in the second half

MqeY6ML.thumb.png.9f1fe9237500980e06277e

It's such a different record, I wish people stopped comparing and trying to make history repeat itself. I wonder why so many people have such high standards to enjoy.

My favorites are 3: Walking on Air, incredibly gorgeous closer. iam always has the best closing songs to all their albums. Thunder Lightning is beautiful, Canyon is so reminiscent of the last preludes. 

I really feel this is some sort of gift they prepared before they fully dedicate to parenthood. 

Also, as one of the people who follow this project since the very first preludes, it's been such a long way and it feels so incredible to see how they still manage to encapsulate such deep and extreme feelings, like sorrow, or anxiety, or longing, and create such delicate songs.

I do feel this is an album you have to be in a really particular mood to fully get, but it's still beautiful! kin will forever be my favorite record for a lot of reasons but I am not looking for them to top an exact emotion I had in a particular and unrepeatable context, so I really appreciate every thing they have created and released!

11 hours ago, fountain said:

Imagine thinking EATBF and the plenty highlights of RTF are mediocre :rip:

This, to me their both very strong records, especially EATBF which has ZERO fillers. Actually, their entire discography has zero fillers. This album is no exception, bar Thunder Lightning which is IMO the blandest song they've ever done. Apart from that, it's a beautiful record, different from their usual sound but at the same time very familiar with their strong melodies. There are a few magical moments in the production here and there, and both the opener and the closer are career highlights.

I'm going through a hard time right now, and this album is so comforting :heart2:

Don't Wait for Me, Canyon, Zeven, Flying or Falling and Thunder Lightning >>>

well if you listen to the music itself and ignore the... questionable visuals then the album's not that bad. Call My Name and Flopping or Failing could have been scrapped and the album would have only gained from that

Feels like they tried to have their Seventh Tree/Tales of Us era but the folktronica thing doesn't totally work for me. The album needed more lush instrumentation for that to work, but she's an indie girl boss so maybe there just wasn't the budget for that

https://ionnalee.com/events

tour news :date: 

'Walking on Air TOUR package' includes concert ticket with priority entry to the front of stage, signed photo print by ionnalee | iamamiwhoami, exclusive limited edition tour poster, collectable tour pass, exclusive iamamiwhoami merch item, collectable limited edition 'Be Here Soon' CD with bonus track (exclusive to Walking On Air TOUR package holders).

This is great, it's definitely her worst project so far (it's fighting with RTF, which has fillers Matters and the interludes), but it's still pretty strong. It's not what we are used to hear from them. 

Ranking: 

1. I Tenacious

2. Flying Or Falling

3. Canyon 

4. Zeven 

5. Changes 

6. Thunder and Lighting 

7. Don't Wait For Me

8. A Thousand Years 

9. (Tonight... I'm) Walking On Air :gaycat1:

10. Call My Name

listen all in one go and melodical wise its simply beautiful album, such a warmth comfy atmospheric sounding but i wholeheartedly agree that visualizers tremendously uplift the project to not sonically drown into one noted album. split top favors to below listed

song - zeven, a thousand years, canyon

visualizer - don’t wait for me, i tenacious, thunder lightning

grats on your baby ionnalee :clap3::whistle::celestial:

Y’all are crazy. This album is beautiful from beginning to end. Stop comparing artists works to what they did before. If you want the same same from artists I’m sure you can find that in the top 40. This woman has yet to deliver a bad album. 

random fumes in here i-

:bibliahh:

not everyone is fuming over a genre change, I mean I listen mostly to folk/singer-songwriter music so :toofunny3: the execution is just average

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.