Avril Lavigne - ‘Love Sux’

Blankspace2010

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

Our mental health right now…

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

We'll get there! But damn, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have music to lean on :jamming:

16 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

It’s true, it’s true :clap3:

Avalanche could very well be the Dark Horse of the era (on a smaller scale of course).

It’d be a bold choice as a single given the overall  sound and premise of the album, but it sounds like something that could do very well on the radio during fall (and mental health is super on trend on TikTok).

Plus she obviously wants a nomination for Best Rock Album and safe songs like Bois Lie and Love It When You Hate Me aren’t gonna give her that.

Unfortunately I think it’ll get Give You What You Like’d :toofunny2:

Tea. Agree with all of this. Maybe if Black Stars can get their act together and coordinate an attack on Avril on Twitter maybe she'll throw us a bone 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ProudLBS

• Ampersand13

• Ivan_brit

• KKKIMO92

18 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

It’s true, it’s true :clap3:

Avalanche could very well be the Dark Horse of the era (on a smaller scale of course).

It’d be a bold choice as a single given the overall  sound and premise of the album, but it sounds like something that could do very well on the radio during fall (and mental health is super on trend on TikTok).

Plus she obviously wants a nomination for Best Rock Album and safe songs like Bois Lie and Love It When You Hate Me aren’t gonna give her that.

Unfortunately I think it’ll get Give You What You Like’d :toofunny2:

Imagine if she actually pushed a song like this. It sounds fresh whilst still maintaining that classic Avril sound a lot of people seem to get nostalgic over. 

But I just can’t imagine her ever doing it. The pain we all face being Avril fans. Running from an Avrilanche indeed! 

2-AC0-E730-CC03-4-BB9-9192-717-D92-A6562

2 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

Tea. Agree with all of this. Maybe if Black Stars can get their act together and coordinate an attack on Avril on Twitter maybe she'll throw us a bone 

When she asked what songs to perform on her tour Avalanche was the most requested song BY FAR and she still paid it dust

4 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

Imagine if she actually pushed a song like this. It sounds fresh whilst still maintaining that classic Avril sound a lot of people seem to get nostalgic over. 

But I just can’t imagine her ever doing it. The pain we all face being Avril fans. Running from an Avrilanche indeed! 

Time to mass-produce Avalanche TikToks

It worked back in the day with Give You What You Like and the fanmade Fifty Shades of Grey music videos

On 5/1/2022 at 9:04 PM, Devon said:

Not her forgetting both the first line and the chorus :rip:

poor Melissa. It must be hard covering songs that aren't your own. 

30 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

When she asked what songs to perform on her tour Avalanche was the most requested song BY FAR and she still paid it dust

“Ask and you shall NOT receive.” -  Avril Lavigne (2022)

I know she probably wanted to keep the set list as upbeat and fun as she could, but her fanbase consists of mostly faguettes with emotional baggage. Let us cry in peace.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Cutthroat said:

I know she probably wanted to keep the set list as upbeat and fun as she could, but her fanbase consists of mostly faguettes with emotional baggage. Let us cry in peace.

Not you exposing me like this 

4 hours ago, Cutthroat said:

“Ask and you shall NOT receive.” -  Avril Lavigne (2022)

I've never looked at us this way. Hit the nail on the head I fear

• ATRL Moderator

Friendly reminder that Dare To Love Me is a ballad bible

original.gif

Dare To Love Me should’ve been scrapped

original.gif

I like All I Wanted, Dare To Love Me, and Break Of A Heartache BUT I think they should have been arranged differently. All I wanted maybe in the first half with the rest of the features, Dare To Love Me after Avalanche and then maybe Break Of A Heartache could stay as the closer. 

Idk, something about the last three tracks slightly throws the album off course

Another week without a 3rd single :rip: 

What are they doing?? 

At this point I see Deluxe until the end of the year or next year like I predict months ago 

24 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Another week without a 3rd single :rip: 

What are they doing?? 

At this point I see Deluxe until the end of the year or next year like I predict months ago 

LIWYHM truly derailed the era. She should’ve dropped Cannonball instead.

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

LIWYHM truly derailed the era. She should’ve dropped Cannonball instead.

I keep reading this shade for LIWYHM, the song is fine, let’s not forget the big debuts at Spotify it got during 1st day bigger than Bite Me & Bois Lie 

The potential was there, it even rise at iTunes during the promo live performances at release week.

+ Radio Biggest hit since AL album

If it only had playlist support :noparty:

Love Me is not the best song on the album I agree, but it’s not bad, I think I prefer LIWYHM over Bois Lie

Love Sux song is the hit that is waiting to become a smash :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Dare To Love Me should’ve been scrapped

original.gif

You should have be scrapped 

original.gif

3 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

I keep reading this shade for LIWYHM, the song is fine, let’s not forget the big debuts at Spotify it got during 1st day bigger than Bite Me & Bois Lie 

The potential was there, it even rise at iTunes during the promo live performances at release week.

+ Radio Biggest hit since AL album

If it only had playlist support :noparty:

Love Me is not the best song on the album I agree, but it’s not bad, I think I prefer LIWYHM over Bois Lie

Love Sux song is the hit that is waiting to become a smash :duca: 

The song is okay, one of the weakest on Love Sux, but okay.

The high debut on Spotify and how well radio embraced it derailed the era imo.

Avril’s team clearly didn’t mean for LIWYHM to be a full-on single - since they hadn’t even written the treatment for the music video and the song had no add dates at first - and after it crashed on Spotify they kept trying to make it happen with posts on social media and live performances since it was growing on radio.

Cannonball wouldn’t have caused any of this; it’d have performed okay and given Bite Me a boost, but by the time the album arrived there’d be enough room for Bois Lie to take over.

Instead when the album arrived we had Bite Me performing better than LIWYHM when LIWYHM had radio support and she performed it live, and Bois Lie was the most streamed track but they couldn’t promote it because they feared it would overshadow LIWYHM :clown:

Edited by ProudLBS

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

Avril’s team clearly didn’t mean for LIWYHM to be a full-on single - since they hadn’t even written the treatment for the music video and the song had no add dates at first - and after it crashed on Spotify they kept trying to make it happen with posts on social media and live performances since it was growing on radio.

Cannonball wouldn’t have caused any of this; it’d have performed okay and given Bite Me a boost, but by the time the album arrived there’d be enough room for Bois Lie to take over.

Instead when the album arrived we had Bite Me performing better than LIWYHM when LIWYHM had radio support and she performed it live, and Bois Lie was the most streamed track but they couldn’t promote it because they feared would overshadow LIWYHM :clown:

I agree... who do we blame about the messy singles this era??.... HER TEAM :deadbanana2:

I hope they announce & push 3rd single soon

31 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

I agree... who do we blame about the messy singles this era??.... HER TEAM :deadbanana2:

I hope they announce & push 3rd single soon

I don’t even know :rip: maybe whoever booked the European and Canadian tours to early 2022?

They should’ve waited until LIWHYM’s release day (January 12th) to drop Bite Me and the album should’ve come out a week earlier (February 18th), with the Bois Lie music video.

Then she should’ve serviced Avalanche to Alternative in June, for a peak in August-September, just in time for it to cross over to Pop and HAC during fall-winter.

Hopefully she’ll drop the album all at once next time :clown: she loves Folklore after all

Edited by ProudLBS

Played the entire album from start to finish and KMLTWIE has finally grown on me, so I now officially love the entire album. :clap3:

16 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Instead when the album arrived we had Bite Me performing better than LIWYHM when LIWYHM had radio support and she performed it live, and Bois Lie was the most streamed track but they couldn’t promote it because they feared it would overshadow LIWYHM :clown:

Music video treatments are private job. Where was it revealed?  If it's not meant to be single, it wouldn't be out at the spot light where the second single hasn't been released.

9 minutes ago, Keinware said:

Music video treatments are private job. Where was it revealed?  If it's not meant to be single, it wouldn't be out at the spot light where the second single hasn't been released.

Avril said they were working on the treatment in February

It wasn’t meant to be an official single, but it became one.

57 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Avril said they were working on the treatment in February

It wasn’t meant to be an official single, but it became one.

I guess my take on "working on" was different. I mean, working can be joined whenever. Also, it didn't inform when the idea was popped in ones' head. So this saying is still lack to confirm that she initially began preping for the music video, making the song, picking the song and taking the song to release in advanced. Moreover and importantly, this is one of the most pop track on this album, this is just so leaning towards radio and mass audience. I doubt there's no make-up to make LIWYHM happened

3 minutes ago, Keinware said:

I guess my take on "working on" was different. I mean, working can be joined whenever. Also, it didn't inform when the idea was popped in ones' head. So this saying is still lack to confirm that she initially began preping for the music video, making the song, picking the song and taking the song to release in advanced. Moreover and importantly, this is one of the most pop track on this album, this is just so leaning towards radio and mass audience. I doubt there's no make-up to make LIWYHM happened

the radio dates were in late January and early February and LIWYHM was 2 months old by the time she dropped the music video and you still think it was planned? :deadbanana2:

Tonight 2nd show :party: maybe during this days she prepare at least 1 more song :gaycat3:

Also Mediatraffic update sales

Love Sux' by Avril Lavigne 8,000 / 207,000

:gaycat1: