Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ukraine wins! 2. UK, 3. Spain, 4. Sweden, 5. Serbia

Queen Conchita

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOM!

• ZIVERT

• illia

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Konril said:

It will finish out of the Top 10, probably on the right side of the board but I'm just here to support my personal fave, the Demonic Forest Witch Rave Party of France. ??

The running order really killed their chances :rip: shame because had it drawn 2nd half it would've been a televote success

Just now, Dante said:

Talking about Serbia :clap3: 

M7D3st8.jpg

NIOW we say it :clap3: Greece won't be touching the top 10 unless with massive jury payola, one of the blandest, most robotic performances of the year

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

The running order really killed their chances :rip: shame because had it drawn 2nd half it would've been a televote success

The way I just surrendered the moment I heard they drew the 1st half. :monkey:

Just now, Dante said:

And im pretty sure that juries have the job to look up every song and it's message. It's not like they saw the songs for the first time last night

Is this your first Eurovison girlie? Sorry for bursting your bubble but that's exactly what the juries do, they listen to the songs for the first time when they watch the jury show and vote according to their first impressions, just like the public will do tonight. That's kind of the whole point of Euorovision.

Of course some juries might've heard some songs prior to the show (like we all have) but that's entirely up to them and it's no requirement whatsoever. :skull:

2 minutes ago, igninton said:

Is this your first Eurovison girlie? Sorry for bursting your bubble but that's exactly what the juries do, they listen to the songs for the first time when they watch the jury show and vote according to their first impressions, just like the public will do tonight. That's kind of the whole point of Euorovision.

Of course some juries might've heard some songs prior to the show (like we all have) but that's entirely up to them and it's no requirement whatsoever. :skull:

And on top of that, most of the jurors aren't musicians or music professionals. They're often radio hosts or entertainment people. It's basically a mini-televote carried out by 200 people voting on a mix of personal taste and what they might think would have them be taken seriously as a jury :rip:

11 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Also, I feel like since it's a given that Ukraine will be landsliding in the televote, if someone else manages to win thanks to the juries, then the public's reaction will be overwhelmingly negative. This would hurt the winner's career more than it would help. But if this is what it takes for the EBU to eliminate the juries or at least weigh down their power, so be it!

Just like Ukraine winning would have overwhelmingly negative reaction on EBU and prove what we already know about Eurovision. :gaycat5:

2 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Eastern European excellence :clap3: 

No overrehearsed faux-emotional Scandinavian performances allowed according to the public at home :clap3:

Just now, BOOM! said:

Just like Ukraine winning would have overwhelmingly negative reaction on EBU and prove what we already know about Eurovision. :gaycat5:

EBU and their juries can suck it. Power to the people :cm:

I still stand that Spirit In The Sky was robbed by jury. :coffee:

10 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

No overrehearsed faux-emotional Scandinavian performances allowed according to the public at home :clap3:

The fumes

D6E2F177-1FB2-4189-BE15-335A52F18978.gif

I can see almost every jury giving Ukraine 8-12 points, Spain however...

Juries are an important element as 100% televoting is death to the game. 

1 minute ago, Slate said:

The fumes

Speaking of faux-emotional industry plants

saiwb.thumb.png.82ee73df71d8c0c05e82f533

Just now, Serendipity said:

Televoting patterns are nowhere as strong as they were in the 2000s. Juries as they are now are half-assed and often they aren't musicians or music professionals. The quality of songs didn't get better because of them, but because the Eurovision has been adapting to music trends. And either way, it's good to have fun entries and an entertaining contest, we really didn't need all these same-y ballads in the final, but it's good they'll be canceling each other out.

Jurys in principle sounds good but in practise :skull:

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Televoting patterns are nowhere as strong as they were in the 2000s. Juries as they are now are half-assed and often they aren't musicians or music professionals. The quality of songs didn't get better because of them, but because the Eurovision has been adapting to music trends. And either way, it's good to have fun entries and an entertaining contest, we really didn't need all these same-y ballads in the final, but it's good they'll be canceling each other out.

Definitely agree with you on this point. I support the concept of a jury vote too but the actual juries themselves for the last 6 years or so have been whack :rip: 

Just now, Slate said:

Hope we get some more back to back 0 points from the televote tonight

The way us Brits have no fear of this tonight finally - a top 10 placement for us would be like the straights celebrating a football win

1 minute ago, Slate said:

For the third year in a row

2 minutes ago, Slate said:

Who do we think are the candidates? I think Switzerland, Belgium, Iceland and Germany are all at risk. Azerbaijan must've secured some SIM cards not to end that way (and they have Georgia I guess).

3 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

we really didn't need all these same-y ballads in the final, but it's good they'll be canceling each other out.

Probably not in the jury vote, I can 100% see the top 5 being UK, Sweden, Greece. the Netherlands and Italy. Hope it doesn't happen :doc:

8 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

I agree with you, EBU just needs to make some changes. 100% televote would be boring and the results part of the show would drag again.

For example the juries are way too small...5 people should not be equivalent to a country's entire voting public. :deadbanana4:

They should expand all juries to at least 30 people imo (or determine based on size of the country) and make sure the vote weighting slightly favours the televote (but not too much) so that the public keep some influence in the final result.

Edited by Zack

Miss Iceland has an amazing song - Hope Europe doesn't sleep on it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.