Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ukraine wins! 2. UK, 3. Spain, 4. Sweden, 5. Serbia

Queen Conchita

I can actually see the juries trying to level down the inevitable with Ukraine ngl and I wouldn't be mad

zTex5Tm.gif

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOM!

• ZIVERT

• illia

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, *Tim said:

We cannot be forgetting about Ms Loreen, who just released a banger called Neon Lights btw, this easily

Ms Loreen's song is a bit overrated methinks :mandown:

Euphoria I mean. I haven't listened to Neon Lights :gaycat4:

when was the last time when we had a surprise winner? like an actual surprise winner no-one put their bets on

2 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

At least it's better than Fairytale, 1944, Satellite, or Believe, just to name some other winners

Now. 

41 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Sweden will pull another Lisbon 2018 (Benjamin Ingrosso). Great points from the jury (which were deserved with Dance You Off, not at all this time around) and then an embarassing bomb with televote :mandown:

Nah, the song is doing well commercially in Nordic countries. It'll probably be a televote success concentrated there and very little from the Mediterranean basin.

Edited by KillingYourCareer

Daniela joining the OUH club, guess she needs the Spanish views to keep her electricity on

zTex5Tm.gif

2 minutes ago, BadMonster said:

At least it's better than Fairytale, 1944, Satellite, or Believe, just to name some other winners

zTex5Tm.gif

7 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Nah, the song is doing well commercially in Nordic countries. It'll probably be a televote success concentrated there and very little from the Mediterranean basin.

Just checked and damn it is actually a hit :skull: the days of good scandipop are long gone

BE9jtP9.thumb.jpg.97aac2d6b9ff7b6a7579da

3 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

Just checked and damn it is actually a hit :skull: the days of good scandipop are long gone

BE9jtP9.thumb.jpg.97aac2d6b9ff7b6a7579da

I mean, it's also by far the most playlisted song from this edition :toofunny2: I really don't like the Swedish act. It's so industry plant'd (the song is clearly from a songwriting camp judging by the credits) and yet she's trying to sell it as some genuine heartbreaking personal ballad. The performance is so overrehearsed as well :rip:

Edited by KillingYourCareer

Spanish song is bad, basic and a jury poison.

It's saved by an extremely great performance, but juries still look into the lyrics, message and overall concept.

She will still gain a lot of televotes, but I can say I'm 90% sure this isn't winning. lmao

25 minutes ago, Flomik said:

when was the last time when we had a surprise winner? like an actual surprise winner no-one put their bets on

Probably 2014? Austria was outside of the top 10 with the bookies ten days before the contest. But the gays had seen it coming. If not, you have to go back to 2000, 2001 and 2002 when bookies didn't remotely come close to guessing the actual results.

Just now, Dante said:

It's saved by an extremely great performance, but juries still look into the lyrics, message and overall concept.

She will still gain a lot of televotes, but I can say I'm 90% sure this isn't winning. lmao

You're predicting a jury fail for In Korpore Sano too according to that logic :skull:

I’m making a prayer circle for Czech to open and close the contest. It’s only what they deserve after the disgusting 1st position they gave them.

Hoping for Belgium to withdraw so Ireland can have their worthy final spot. 
Wishing that my body, mind and spirit holds on after the first half finishes.

Snacks and drinks have been bought, Christmas for the gays is upon us.. what a time to be alive.

Just now, igninton said:

You're predicting a jury fail for In Korpore Sano too according to that logic :skull:

You think that Spain and Serbia lyrically and conceptually are on the same level this year? Okay. :chick1:

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

If so Konstrakta would have an easy win but sadly I don't think that's the case

Untitled-3.thumb.gif.0fe8dec053a5164aeb1

Hoping for Netherlands, Serbia or Ukraine to win. Ukraine's song is amazing and if their win makes the gheys fume just the better :clap3:

I'd honestly very much rather have a "political" victory for Ukraine (their song is outstanding and well-performed anyway), than another year of rewarding Sweden for being utterly mediocre and bringing nothing new to the table :sorry:

4 minutes ago, Dante said:

You think that Spain and Serbia lyrically and conceptually are on the same level this year? Okay. :chick1:

No, but I think Konstrata's performance can look like a joke to some people that don't understand why she's randomly singing about Meghan Markle in Serbian, washing her hands in a comic way, and the English subtitles don't really help her cause at all. 

I know the song is a critique to Serbia's healthcare system, the problem is the juries probably won't because it doesn't translate at all, it does look like a parody unless you know the meaning of the song. :rip:  

Edited by igninton

1 minute ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I'd honestly very much rather have a "political" victory for Ukraine (their song is outstanding and well-performed anyway), than another year of rewarding Sweden for being utterly mediocre and bringing nothing new to the table :sorry:

And that’s that on that

zTex5Tm.gif

When the Romanian and the Australian singers flop and the masc4masc Polish singer wins...

GYpJqHf.gif

Also, I feel like since it's a given that Ukraine will be landsliding in the televote, if someone else manages to win thanks to the juries, then the public's reaction will be overwhelmingly negative. This would hurt the winner's career more than it would help. But if this is what it takes for the EBU to eliminate the juries or at least weigh down their power, so be it!

It will finish out of the Top 10, probably on the right side of the board but I'm just here to support my personal fave, the Demonic Forest Witch Rave Party of France. ??

2 minutes ago, igninton said:

No, but I think Konstrata's performance can look like a joke to some people that don't understand why she's randomly singing about Meghan Markle in Serbian, washing her hands in a comic way, and the English subtitles don't really help her cause at all. 

I know the song is a critique to Serbia's healthcare system, the problem is the juries probably won't because it doesn't translate at all, it does look like a parody unless you know the meaning of the song. :rip:  

Well it has a meaning. And im pretty sure that juries have the job to look up every song and it's message. It's not like they saw the songs for the first time last night

But may I say despite my first disappointment after the first couple of entries were revealed this year shaped up to be extremely strong. Like, there are maybe 3 or 4 songs in the final that I either don't like or simply don't care for. Amazing year :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.