Eurovision Song Contest 2022 | Ukraine wins! 2. UK, 3. Spain, 4. Sweden, 5. Serbia

Queen Conchita

11 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

No idea why Spanish fans are so delulu that they're winning. They're heading for possibly their best result in 20 years, and I love Chanel, but it's not something that can come close to winning either vote. I think 4th-7th is likely for them. Sweden is more jury bait, but then again, nothing about that (very industry plant'd) act stands out enough to win. I genuinely think the UK will be 2nd, with Ukraine as the winner and a televote score around 400 that can't be trumped. I also think Moldova is coming for a brilliant televote score due to them being the only uptempo between 13 and 23 in the running order. Fingers crossed for a great result for Serbia as well, my favorite!

This summarised what I've been thinking.

I love Chanel but the way Europe has tanked all the pop girls this year tells me she isn't going to be top 5 - I would love to be proven wrong though.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BOOM!

• ZIVERT

• illia

• Konril

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gwendolyn said:

This summarised what I've been thinking.

I love Chanel but the way Europe has tanked all the pop girls this year tells me she isn't going to be top 5 - I would love to be proven wrong though.

She has no competition for girl bops, so all the Fuego'd gays can only vote for her and no one else. She elevates an ass song to high heavens with a perfect performance... but I don't see how this could get a stellar jury position. From the semis, it's pretty clear juries are creaming themselves over ballads this year, and there's 15 of those in the final so some jury votes might not give any points to uptempos at all :mazen: (I'm #Team100%Televote)

Sirusho (Qele Qele-2008) just gave an interview and said:

"Ukraine's song is good & it'd deserve to win. But if it's all about the war, Armenia had a war too last year. Is the winning chance for Armenia the same as for Ukraine?"

Spill the tea Sirusho.

Another political win for the same country!

2 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

"Ukraine's song is good & it'd deserve to win. But if it's all about the war, Armenia had a war too last year. Is the winning chance for Armenia the same as for Ukraine?"

ou thats not-

CHANELAZO IS COMING

chanel-terrero-chanel-slomo.gif

my faves are Sweden, Spain & Netherlands (love Brividi too but I don't want them to win again)

5 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

Spill the tea Sirusho.

she thought she ate 

17 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

History will repeat itself tonight! The best winner of the 2010s :smitten: 

I think you got Emmelie and Jamala confused :celestial2:

What's the point in Ukraine winning Eurovision? The World is on its side. Western countries showed solidarity with Ukraine sending money, weapons, food and humanitarian resources. Stefania isn't bad at all. There're worse candidates but, honestly, is it necessary to make Ukraine winner of a song festival as well? :deadbanana4:

Sweden will pull another Lisbon 2018 (Benjamin Ingrosso). Great points from the jury (which were deserved with Dance You Off, not at all this time around) and then an embarassing bomb with televote :mandown:

23 minutes ago, igninton said:

!! :skull: 

It's serving a cute Top 3 at best imo.

What do we think of Greece and Netherlands? The girlies have been hyping Greece as the superior ballad but the streams say otherwise with the public and I have a feeling one of them might get massively overshadowed by the other one. :skull:

It will depend. If juries are mainly composers or people that focus on the innovation and vocal performance while still being able to integrate it in a Radio Friendly song, Greece will hands down win their vote. Amanda is very Lorde like and can be a good bet for an Eurovision act that can have a brilliant future in music (check her other songs!!). And don't get thrown by streams... Most of them are domestic and people can't vote for their own country. 

But I'm afraid juries will prefer a more conventional, same old ballad like Sweden. I like the song and I stream it but not when you have so many other great options and countries that actually took successful risks 

Y'all really don't understand because you haven't felt the frustration of being a Spanish eurofan. It's not that we expect Chanel to win (some do, others are more reasonable). It's just that after so many years of treating Eurovision like **** (I'm talking about how Spain has treated Eurovision), we've finally sent something that seems worth it, something that is shaping up to place inside the top 20 after so many years of sending trash after trash. :rip: 

When I tell you I haven't seen Spanish eurofans this excited in almost a decade of following the festival :skull: 

I actually worry WRS might come last :emofish: He's #2, I can't see jury putting it in their top 10, and the public will have big televote-bait entries later on

1 minute ago, thatsmydemi said:

Y'all really don't understand because you haven't felt the frustration of being a Spanish eurofan. It's not that we expect Chanel to win (some do, others are more reasonable). It's just that after so many years of treating Eurovision like **** (I'm talking about how Spain has treated Eurovision), we've finally sent something that seems worth it, something that is shaping up to place inside the top 20 after so many years of sending trash after trash. :rip: 

When I tell you I haven't seen Spanish eurofans this excited in almost a decade of following the festival :skull: 

The whole country is excited for this. If you had told me last year Spain would be consider a contender I would have laughed in your face :rip:

Despite not liking the song, I am so excited for a potentially good night for the UK. The last real entry I remember getting big points was Jade Ewen in 2009. 

4 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

This is literally how the Spanish and Brits feel this year :rip: 

7 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

I actually worry WRS might come last :emofish: He's #2, I can't see jury putting it in their top 10, and the public will have big televote-bait entries later on

I'm afraid that's gonna happen. He was saved by the televotes, the jury on the other hand will go IN on him (wasn't he a former dancer?) Given he'll perform second tonight the GP will forget all about him. At least Switzerland and even Germany might get a little something from the jury instead.

Edited by Beautiful Garbage

22 minutes ago, Paola Bracho said:

Spill the tea Sirusho.

Imagine trying to compare tragedies in a scheme to win more points for a song like Snap :biblio: Armenia send a good song challenge and stop being so pathetic

18 minutes ago, Touch Pass said:

I think you got Emmelie and Jamala confused :celestial2:

We cannot be forgetting about Ms Loreen, who just released a banger called Neon Lights btw, this easily

Imagine the frustration that Spanish and British Eurovision fans feel, and multiply it by 100 because you have nothing else positive to look forward to in your life outside of Eurovision - that’s how Ukrainian Eurovision fans feel. This sob story :toofunny2: 

All countries have a reason to be proud of their entry, and realistically they all would deserve their win. But that post feels really tone deaf in the context of this year’s contest and what’s going on in Europe right now :skull: 

11 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

The Dutch fans know exactly what y'all mean. Our pre-Anouk entries are still haunting me till this day

UK ain't winning you guys. Stop dreaming. If he ends up TOP10 it will be more than good

Edited by Toudi

3 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Imagine the frustration that Spanish and British Eurovision fans feel, and multiply it by 100 because you have nothing else positive to look forward to in your life outside of Eurovision - that’s how Ukrainian Eurovision fans feel. This sob story :toofunny2: 

All countries have a reason to be proud of their entry, and realistically they all would deserve their win. But that post feels really tone deaf in the context of this year’s contest and what’s going on in Europe right now :skull: 

Sorry, I just re-read my post and maybe I took everyone’s posts too seriously. I’m trying to separate the contest from everything else going on outside of the Eurovision. Don’t mean to diminish anyones excitement :emofish:

But I’m so hyped to sit down and watch, I can’t believe it’ll all be over for another year after tonight :'(

17 minutes ago, Random_ said:

It will depend. If juries are mainly composers or people that focus on the innovation and vocal performance while still being able to integrate it in a Radio Friendly song, Greece will hands down win their vote. Amanda is very Lorde like and can be a good bet for an Eurovision act that can have a brilliant future in music (check her other songs!!). And don't get thrown by streams... Most of them are domestic and people can't vote for their own country. 

But I'm afraid juries will prefer a more conventional, same old ballad like Sweden. I like the song and I stream it but not when you have so many other great options and countries that actually took successful risks 

The real issue is the final is flooded with much better ballads and stagings than hers.

I just don't see it for her tbh.

Supporting Czech Republic, Romania, Lithuania and Moldova tonight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.