UK Politics 🇬🇧🏛️ Election - Greens quadruple their seats!

Diarrhoea

1 hour ago, discreetinside said:

Greens new gain for Bristol Central as expected :clap3:

Apparently they're second on neighbors Bristol East and Bristol South as well.

they came third in my constituency too (which is safe Labour)

rise up Greens, rise, this is the beginning! :clap3:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Chemist

• Marla Singer

Labour has lost 4 seats to independents

• Like 1

Jeremy Corbyn rn: 

• Haha 3

Just now, Genius1111 said:

Labour has lost 4 seats to independents

Wes Streeting almost lost his seat as well. Keir Starmer did worse in his seat than Rishi did in his... by a lot :rip:

The Greens truly overperformed gaining another seat happy for y'all :clap3:

Jacob Rees-Mogg losing his seat - oh, you love to see it!

My partner has seen him at Canterbury East train station many times (his mother-in-law lives down our way, and his son studies/studied there) - and according to him, he really does look as arrogant, smarmy and sanctimonious as he comes across.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shimind said:

so UK equivalent of Democrats are winning and republicans are losing? am i correct? Good job UK. Another country where the needle is swinging to the left :clap3:

On the surface, sure. But it's less about swinging to the left and more the fact that people are fed up with the Tories full stop. The Tories will have lost a lot of votes to Reform which is arguably even more right wing. They're basically the UK equivalent to the MAGA mentality, preying on the uneducated and racist population with promises to 'crack down on immigration' etc. So the overall outcome is a swing toward the left but a significant amount of votes have swung further to the right, and Labour isn't really super left wing nowadays anyway. 

It'll be interesting to see the age demographics this time around. I think I saw that Tory voting intention was down to 10% for under 35s. I feel like voting turnout for young people has been pretty poor the past couple of elections, so maybe it's different this time around? Maybe we lost a load of old Tory voters in the pandemic? We'll see. 

Edited by Hobbes

Posted (edited)

as someone who voted religiously for labour since i could first vote in 2015, i can't be excited about tonight and call me delulu/a debbie downer but it's not that great of a win for labour (i mean, starmer's win was embarrassing)

the people didn't vote labour in, they voted the tories out. it's a completely unsustainable platform which won't work again in 2029. then you have the terrifying number of reform votes (which is really the big story tonight) which will only shift the tories (and maybe labour) further right

unless in-fighting and an identity crisis stops the tories from forming a strong opposition, labour will need to convince the electorate to believe in them as a party and not just as an alternative. otherwise we're heading straight for a biden v trump 2.0 scenario in 2029

Edited by bluth
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, discreetinside said:

The Greens truly overperformed gaining another seat happy for y'all :clap3:

Obviously tonight isn't ideal (f*** the Tories though. Could not have happened to a more deserving party) but small things like this make me happy! Can really start building on this, pull a Lib Dems and get efficient votes in local seats in the future, and make good and necessary changes in the future. I feel kind of optimistic in that sense at least? Queer Harmer you are BONES

• Like 2

Good morning :sun:

Douglas Ross OUT :ahh:bye lewser :ahh:

I knew the Exit Poll for my constituency was a load of bollocks. SNP won after all with a 4k majority despite the exit poll saying 84% chance they wouldn't. Also knew that one prediction that showed many tory seats in scotland was impossible also. SNP's losses are to Labour, as obvious all along. I certainly mind that less than losing to tories :rip:

map

Girl what happened to Reform's 13 seats :ahh:They have 4 rn and we're at 637/650 declarations :rip:

Liz Truss out by 600 votes :ahh:bye lettuce

It is actually scary how Reform is getting the seats now, it'll only grow next time around if the things don't change. But looking at the rest of the Europe, UK is pretty much heading there. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, POPTART said:

It is actually scary how Reform is getting the seats now, it'll only grow next time around if the things don't change. But looking at the rest of the Europe, UK is pretty much heading there. 

The scary thing is how many votes they're getting in places that they're not getting elected in

they got a predicted 15% of all votes

Edited by Janet

Posted (edited)

What's going on in Leicester :ohwow:

Edited by SapphireSky

Oh this is much better than the exit poll suggested. Thank god reform didn't get 13 seats :dies: Happy for the greens and the lib dems, and good to see the DUP is no longer the biggest party in Northern Ireland :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wait Liz Truss lost her seat? :bibliahh:

Penny Mourdant, Jacob Rees Mogg, Grant Shapps and Steve Baker OUT

• Like 2

It was not even close :skull: They love him over there!

• Like 1

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, shimind said:

so UK equivalent of Democrats are winning and republicans are losing? am i correct? Good job UK. Another country where the needle is swinging to the left :clap3:

Labour are not much different than the tories now so not much to celebrate, Democrats are a lot better with some things like trans rights.

Starmer is just another transphobic ******* who stands for nothing. 

5 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Labour truly fumbled this seat based from the candidate selection :bibliahh:

I voted Independently for Faiza, the way she would've won easily if she was the rightful candidate for Labour. Idiots.  

22 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Love to see it, nobody likes this clown. They just hate the tories and his "support" is unsustainable unless he brings actual change, which he won't. 

Jeremy Corbyn :clap3:Better than Bernard and much braver too. Wish he were here.

Greens outperforming :clap3:Labour, I can see a Germany situation. You can see how the Left coalition is in trouble because they're totally in love with doing zilch, if not being reckless.

Terf Joanna Cherry losing her seat :clap3:Douglas Ross OUT :clap3:4 independent candidates winning over Labour :clap3:Reform not getting 13 seats as predicted :clap3:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, storminthedark said:

Terf Joanna Cherry losing her seat

Omg :jonny5:

I'm not on twitter anymore but her tweets used to piss me off. Good riddance 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.