UK Politics 🇬🇧🏛️ Election - Greens quadruple their seats!

Diarrhoea

Exit poll is rough in some aspects, so let's hope it's not exactly that in the morning. 

Tory floppage very pleasing. If only the future PM wasn't a tory in red. 

Diarrhoea

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Chemist

• Marla Singer

The Tories winning 131 seats potentially is still absolutely disgusting. How DERANGED do you have to be to still vote for them after all these years 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RihannaRTT said:

Mine is indeed Aberdeen South. However I'd say the Tories look like theyre gonna struggle horrendously in Scotland. From what I've seen, northern Scotland (Perth upwards) is gonna be SNP, and the Edinburgh/Glasgow and lower belt is gonna be Labour this time around. 

That tacticalvote website above shows about 10 poll results for each constituency if you click on the constituency. Mine actually seems like it's either gonna be SNP or Labour, with half predicting SNP win, half predicting Labour. For the very few that still could be a tory victory, the tactical vote would be seeing who is the most likely 2nd in those polls. 

https://tactical.vote/aberdeen-south/

Thanks for the explanation

What time are the final final results?

Happy for the Greens looking to double their seats. :clap3: Just a shame they didn't seem to snag a seat in Scotland but anyway, what matters is the SNP and Tories have taken such a hit. Hopefully the actual results see both of their numbers even lower, Reform too.

1 minute ago, americanshameless said:

What time are the final final results?

Probably Saturday lol, Northern Ireland is always super slow, but most should be in by the middle of the day tomorrow 

SNP deserves to flop like this cause they decided to have electorate poison Kate Forbes as a deputy and even still have Nicola Sturgeon running around Glasgow and Edinburgh constituencies doing lots of the campaign work when the scandal is fresh in peoples minds :deadbanana:

Nothing for Alba I see :fan:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Exit poll is rough in some aspects, so let's hope it's not exactly that in the morning. 

Tory floppage very pleasing. If only the future PM wasn't a tory in red. 

Diarrhoea

Sending pray for y'all for Tories and Reform go lower tomorrow morning. The floppage were pretty welcomed but still not enough after the 14 years damage on Westminster.

• Like 1

Greens double their seats!

From 1 to 2? :deadbanana:

• Haha 8

Joyriding over the corpses of the conservatives!

spacer.png

Insane how they even still have any support tho, and not happy to see ref*rm with that many

But conservatives having their worst performance in history is still a beautiful sight no matter what

PANNED! Political and electoral failure!

08a04696d32c9783453c8c27e8cd56f636d81457

ofc my nasty ass constituency is expected to stay tory

6 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

ofc my nasty ass constituency is expected to stay tory

Same lol but my mum voted for me as proxy as I'm abroad so I don't have to deal with it. Not surprised, it's a shithole and why I left 

• Like 1

Reform potentially coming 2nd in seats is very dangerous :ace: + 13 wins from exit poll...

Something to celebrate :clap3:

• Like 4

Yeah I'm nervous Reform are going to get more than the exit polls suggest. :dancehall2:

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, makeawish said:

I did and I think it's probably wrong for mine. 44% chance of CON when every other poll said its 50-50 for SNP vs Labour. I don't doubt the overall feeling of the exit poll, but I'm very sceptical on ABZ South at least :rip:

--

That first result is a *little* concerning when you compare the opinion polls to the final. From my calculations, Labour is 47% of that vote, Reform is 29%. From the main 10 opinion polls, Labour was looking 47-57% and Reform 20-28%. So we should be expecting Labour on the lowest end of their polls, I'd say. YouGov and ElectoralCalculus might be worth looking into overall rn

The YouGov MRP was

LAB 431

CON 102

LD 72

SNP 18

REF 3

GRN 2

EC's MRP was

LAB 453

CON 78

LD 67

SNP 19

REF 7

GRN 3

Reform has come 2nd 2/2 times now, maybe America isn't looking that bad... 

LAB 50%, REF 27%

Opinion Polls: LAB 49-62%, REF 15-28%. Pretty much same as the first result but in this one it's EC and MoreInCommon that are the closer results. 

fwiw MIC's projection was:

LAB 430

CON 126

LD 52

SNP 16

REF 2

GRN 1

6 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Reform has come 2nd 2/2 times now, maybe America isn't looking that bad... 

I wouldn't be too concerned about those yet because they *were* predicted to be 2nd in both of those based on the MRPs anyway. See:

https://tactical.vote/blyth-and-ashington/

If they start coming 2nd in places they weren't predicted too, then yeah it'll be a bit scarier. 

23 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Reform potentially coming 2nd in seats is very dangerous :ace: + 13 wins from exit poll...

Sis it's +13 from 0 :deadbanana2: They will be 4th in seats and won't even be close. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.