UK Politics ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ›๏ธ Election - Greens quadruple their seats!

Diarrhoea

7 hours ago, glitch said:

I'm kinda cackling at JK Rowling saying she won't vote for the labour party because of their stance on trans issues, whilst progressives and LGBT folk feel as though labour aren't doing enough for trans people. She's so deluluย :deadbanana2:

ย 

It's kinda giving right wingers saying the BBC is too left wing, when it's chaired by a former Tory councillor and the platforming of people like L*ura K*nnesb*rg just shows how right wing they actually areย 

yeah, this is why it was such bad politics for labour to lean into being terfy apart from it being a really scummy thing to do, nothing is ever enough for them and she'll just drag them anyway

Edited by makeawish
  • Like 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Slayne

• fountain

• Chemist

• Marla Singer

On 6/22/2024 at 1:25 PM, glitch said:

I'm kinda cackling at JK Rowling saying she won't vote for the labour party because of their stance on trans issues, whilst progressives and LGBT folk feel as though labour aren't doing enough for trans people. She's so deluluย :deadbanana2:

Labour are absolutely not doing enough for trans people, in fact, they are doing less than Theresa May. It just shows how insanely extreme JK Rowling is in her views.

• Like 3

the gap between tories and reform narrowing every dayย :rip:ย i still think reform will flop on election day but i bet tories are scrambling right now. the betting scandal was just the final nail in the coffin

2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

It just shows how insanely extreme JK Rowling is in her views.

i know, it feels like they're all gearing their policies twds a few hundred cranks on mumsnet just for her to tell all her followers to *checks notes* vote communist lol (presumably she'll be handing over all her millions to the state then)

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

CPB - "joe stalin is one of ours but we draw the line at jkr"

ย 

ย 

• Haha 3

Postal voted for Shitabourย :clap3:ย Going on vacation during election week so I don't have to watch a shitshow in real timeย :heart:

• Like 1

Less than a week, I can't wait for this **** to be overย :redface:

• Like 3

watching ed davey debase himself for attention and votes has been the undoubted highlight of the campaign, i'd vote lib dem here if they had any chance at all of beating the toriesย 

ย 

ย 

On 6/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, Chemist said:

ย 

:deadbanana2:

We love to see it.

it's unlikely (but not impossible) to happen but Lib Dems could be the 2nd largest party on Friday which would make them leaders of opposition. i'm very here for that concept!

• Like 2

The election being tomorrow and I still haven't decided who I'm voting forย :biblio:

Posted (edited)

I'ma have to vote for Lib Dems tomorrow cause there isn't even a Green candidate in my constituencyย :toofunny2:ย 

Our current Labour MP is a Starmer lapdog and actively is OK with continuing to send arms to Israel. He'll win again with ease tho.

The SNP are dead on arrival here with their history in my constituency in general.

The other options are... Alba, Reform and Tories..

ย 

It's dire out here divasย :biblionny:

ย 

ย 

Wait I just did more digging on my MP and he is a member of the Labour Friends of Israel. Let me pray I see him out at the polling station tomorrow

:suburban:

Edited by Fevesy

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fevesy said:

I'ma have to vote for Lib Dems tomorrow cause there isn't even a Green candidate in my constituencyย :toofunny2:ย 

Our current Labour MP is a Starmer lapdog and actively is OK with continuing to send arms to Israel. He'll win again with ease tho.

The SNP are dead on arrival here with their history in my constituency in general.

The other options are... Alba, Reform and Tories..

I'm a bit confused by this, I feel like it doesn't add up? Scotland's only Labour MP is Ian Murray from Edinburgh South and the Greens do have a candidate in that constituency (Jo Phillips)?ย :sherlock:

EDIT: My bad, you must be talking about Rutherglen and Hamilton West, I didn't take by-elections into account :rip:ย 

Edited by Cholien
  • Like 1

The Greens have the best manifesto by a country mileโ€ฆ not really sure why people here are writing them off? They are the most progressive party by a country mile.

ย 

I'll be voting Plaid Cymru but I hope the Liberal Democrat's have a decent showingโ€ฆ I actually quite liked their manifesto.

ย 

I hate Labour in its current state (Kier Stammer you will never be famous) but it's going to be funny watching the conservatives get annihilated on such a huge scale.

• Like 2

Labour now polling worse than Jeremy Corbyn in 2017 ๐Ÿ’€ย 

10 hours ago, abelfenty said:

The election being tomorrow and I still haven't decided who I'm voting forย :biblio:

Use tactical voting if you currently have a Tory mp

28 minutes ago, Badger said:

Use tactical voting if you currently have a Tory mp

My constituency has never voted tory lol. It's been SNP since 2015. Feel like it might swing Labour this time around tho which is unfortunateย 

Sending luck and good vibes to all the British girlies who will vote tomorrow. Be sure to tactical voting if your constituency have high chance to elect Tory or Reform

• Like 2

Happy Tories Out Day!

ย 

(Not that Labour will be any better in power!)

Happy election dayย :clap3:

ย 

I'm ready for the #ToryWipeout for the Reform bots to be finally silencedย 

Can't even muster up enthusiam for a Labour landslide after Kier's anti-trans and the Sun readership pandering the last few days. Can only hope Lib Dems are the official opposition and the Greens overperform.

• Like 1

mMg.gif

Already voted for SNP via postal vote last week.ย 

ย 

Tories are finally gonna be out today, but unfortunately the Labour leader is a Tory, so are they really gonna be out?ย :coffee2:ย Hope the Lib Dem somehow become the opposition.ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.