• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starshine

• supertiffany

• Queen.

• Hephaestus

I am definitely considering of upgrading my 12 Pro Max to the 14 Pro Max. I have Verizon and I upgraded almost two years ago so the trade-in value for the 12 Pro Max is around $600, and it's in good condition. I am not sure if I am eligible to upgrade. It's under the family plan so it's tricky. 

Also, that satellite feature is wild. I want it.

Edited by Mellark

2 hours ago, shelven said:

The fact that the AirPods Pro can now use the Apple Watch charger would be such a huge QOL upgrade for me that I'm kind of considering buying a new pair just for that :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

I am definitely going to get it. I lose them often so the AirPods Pro 2s will save me.

the colors are so ugly in this line up, bring back dark blue 12 or pacific blue colors:mazen: also beside the dynamic island (which is genius and so pretty:smitten:) this is kinda the least interesting line up ever

anyways, why do they make the price drop confusing like the 12 (reg) 128gb is now $649 and 13 (reg) $699 :rip: only $50 difference 

3 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

So you actually have to manually switch to ProRaw mode to activate the full 48MP. 

If you want a 48MP output, yes, you need to use ProRaw, *but* this comes at the expense of low-light performance.  Pixel binning to 12MP will give you much better and brighter images, but it still technically uses the full 48MP sensor.

4 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

Besides, with the Dynamic Island, would it also mean the front camera is more prone to being blurred because, you know, we touch our fingers on the exact same spot where the front cam

The DI’s content sits to the left and right of the cameras, so it depends on how much you miss-tap.  According to hands on reviews from the event, the touch sensitivity is generous, so you can tap farther away from the cameras and still interact with the DI.

I actually love what they did with the DI.  Turning what is normally a design constraint into a genuinely useful addition is what Apple does best.  That #hardware-software marriage.

the dynamic island kinda cute but not worth upgrading if you have a 12 or 13. another year it is. 

5 hours ago, MissedTheTrain said:

For real though.  I remember not really caring to get one when they first came out but now I can't live without it :jonny: 

The Watch is probably the biggest reason I decided to switch to iPhone (sure, I wanted to, but I had no issues with my Samsung to justify getting an iPhone). I love it so much, truly an amazing accessory!

4 hours ago, SmashingMiley said:

When shooting ordinary photos with the iPhone 14 Pro models, Apple will take 12-megapixel shots, whether with the ultrawide camera, the main wide-angle camera, the 3X telephoto camera or the new 2X telephoto option that uses the middle of the main camera sensor. To get the full 48 megapixels, you'll have to use Apple's ProRaw mode, which offers more detail and editing flexibility but requires some manual labor to convert into a conveniently shareable JPEG or HEIC image.”

So you actually have to manually switch to ProRaw mode to activate the full 48MP. 

This feels kinda scammy to be completely honest :skull:

2 hours ago, Archetype said:

If you want a 48MP output, yes, you need to use ProRaw, *but* this comes at the expense of low-light performance.  Pixel binning to 12MP will give you much better and brighter images, but it still technically uses the full 48MP sensor.

The DI’s content sits to the left and right of the cameras, so it depends on how much you miss-tap.  According to hands on reviews from the event, the touch sensitivity is generous, so you can tap farther away from the cameras and still interact with the DI.

I actually love what they did with the DI.  Turning what is normally a design constraint into a genuinely useful addition is what Apple does best.  That #hardware-software marriage.

This is great! Thanks for the detailed explanation. 

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

This feels kinda scammy to be completely honest :skull:

Keep in mind that Apple keeps the same storage capacities for the new pro model so 48MP shots as standard for all camera modes might eat up storage much faster than usual. But yeah, they should have got rid of 128gb option and made 256gb the new starting point up to 2TB while keeping the same price. 

Why anybody talking about the airpods? I have the pro but I will upgrade to the new ones! 

Thinking of snagging the 14 Pro and new AirPods Pro :dancehall: I've literally only started working full time and I'm gonna empty my first paycheck on Apple :skull: 

I was looking forward for the new Apple Watch Ultra, but it's kind of ugly tbh, like I was expecting it to be still aesthetically pleasant, I think I'm gonna upgrade and remaining with the stainless steel gold version that is honestly the best look wise imo, we'll see.

16 hours ago, shelven said:

The fact that the AirPods Pro can now use the Apple Watch charger would be such a huge QOL upgrade for me that I'm kind of considering buying a new pair just for that :deadbanana2: :deadbanana2:

the volume controls are such a huge thing too...

14 hours ago, ***** of Babylon said:

the dynamic island kinda cute but not worth upgrading if you have a 12 or 13. another year it is. 

Yeah this is kind of my take.  Plus, iPhone 15 may finally make the switch over to USB-C.

12 hours ago, Queen. said:

Why anybody talking about the airpods? I have the pro but I will upgrade to the new ones! 

I was underwhelmed, ngl. I was hoping to upgrade my Airpods Pro this year too. But I think this may hold me another year since my airpods were also recently replaced. :eddie: 

Crossing my fingers for significant improvements in the next generation. Type C would be a welcome addition.

If it weren’t for significant developments on the camera and battery department throughout the years, I’d keep my XS Max for another year.

Battery life is just terrible now.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:53 AM, BlondGuts said:

Imagine how I feel having an 11 ?

On 9/8/2022 at 5:22 AM, Nip Tuck said:

yep literally have had my X since 2017 and it still works perfectly and I have the latest iOS.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:30 AM, Tiziano's Boy said:

Sis, same, my 11 feels ancient, luckily I can upgrade next year so that’s what I’m going to do, iPhone 14 Pro Max for sure, probably Gold or Black, I like the purple but they really f*cked themselves over with not including the Sierra Blue and Alpine Green colours for the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max.

I had iPhone since the first that came out in Europe and I used to upgrade almost every two years, then I realize it really wasn't worth it, also because I never got it with my mobile provider like it happens with a lot of people in the US but I always paid the full high European prices, I still own an Iphone XS that I bought 4 years ago  and it's been the longest I stayed with a phone, it still works perfectly with the last iOS update.

This year I think I'm gonna upgrade but honestly the phone still works perfectly, same for my Apple Watch 4.

42 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I had iPhone since the first that came out in Europe and I used to upgrade almost every two years, then I realize it really wasn't worth it, also because I never got it with my mobile provider like it happens with a lot of people in the US but I always paid the full high European prices, I still own an Iphone XS that I bought 4 years ago  and it's been the longest I stayed with a phone, it still works perfectly with the last iOS update.

This year I think I'm gonna upgrade but honestly the phone still works perfectly, same for my Apple Watch 4.

Same but I use it longer. My last phones were the iPhone 6 and iPhone 4 (they had the s series even). Currently have 13. You should consider getting new batteries though 

Embarrassed to admit I will be upgrading :rip:. Getting the Deep Purple color.

55 minutes ago, pimmelfratze said:

Same but I use it longer. My last phones were the iPhone 6 and iPhone 4 (they had the s series even). Currently have 13. You should consider getting new batteries though 

I think I'm definitely gonna upgrade at this point, 4 years are kind of a record for me, the longest I stayed with a phone, but I'm not in a rush, I'm also considering getting the 13 pro if I would find a great deal, but so far the prices of 13 pro dropped just of 50-100 Euro in my country and it's more convenient buy the 14 pro at that point.

Also I'm undecided if getting the Max or normal, before my XS I had the 7 plus, I kind of hated it back in the day because it felt too big so when I bought the XS I went for the normal size but I kind of missed the big screen and the battery :katie:

• ATRL Moderator

Just preordered a space black iPhone 14 Pro Max :smitten:

Just got my pre order in for the gold Pro 256gb. I have to go to a store to collect it on Friday cuz for some reason I kept getting an error when putting my address

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.