Drag Race France | Meet the Queens of Season 3 on 19 April

Ghibli

For me Paloma was clearly the best, Soa second and Grand Dame third. The judging comes off like they wanted to give Grande Dame a win since she's clearly shaping out to be a frontrunner and she was robbed of winning the ball

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• genetic fail

• NumbSoul

• publikcitizen

5 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Are you French ? Because some of your takes are questionable. Elips' character was impeccable but she didn't have a lot of funny moments (the only funny one was when she clapbacked at Kam while she was singing), whereas LGD had more funny moments than her and she was also in character. 

Kam sucked during the SG, not a single funny moments and her runway look already saved her during the Talent Show. Lolita had one really funny moment during the SG (with the pencil) and her look was amazing. This was also her first fumble so her being saved after constantly doing well for three weeks in a row made sense. 

I agree that Elips should've been critiqued & be in the top, that's the only questionable thing otherwise calling this judging "one of the worst in recent memory" is a stretch :deadbanana2:

So if I'm not French I shouldn't watch or comment on the show? :skull:

To me this week's judging was all over the place. It's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. I think Elips should've won because I laughed at her character the most and she had a strong runway too. I didn't laugh to Kam, Lolita and La Big Bertha's impressions once, so they all did equally bad in my eyes, but Kam had an amazing runway (as usual) and did well in the lip sync, so it didn't make sense for her to leave, especially after winning a challenge just last week.

Lolita was worthy of a win for two weeks in a row and was snubbed, plus it's not uncommon for non-Ru hosted Drag Race seasons to have a shocking elimination very early on, that's probably part of the reason I'm so frustrated.

24 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

So if I'm not French I shouldn't watch or comment on the show? :skull:

To me this week's judging was all over the place. It's just my opinion, you don't have to agree with it. I think Elips should've won because I laughed at her character the most and she had a strong runway too. I didn't laugh to Kam, Lolita and La Big Bertha's impressions once, so they all did equally bad in my eyes, but Kam had an amazing runway (as usual) and did well in the lip sync, so it didn't make sense for her to leave, especially after winning a challenge just last week.

Lolita was worthy of a win for two weeks in a row and was snubbed, plus it's not uncommon for non-Ru hosted Drag Race seasons to have a shocking elimination very early on, that's probably part of the reason I'm so frustrated.

Did I not expressed myself correctly ? If you're not French, you're obviously not going to understand everything (lack of references or just humor getting lost in translation) and you might actually think some things were funnier than they actually were (or the opposite). There's no need to put a ":skull:" as if I'm insulting you lmao, I didn't mean in a bad way. I don't expect myself to deliver an accurate judging of DR España's Snatch Games & Comedy challenges because I can't speak Spanish that well and I will obviously miss some references. This is basically happening to you because Elips wasn't funnier than LGD, she put on a funny voice and mannerism which makes it funnier for foreign speakers. Of course I can't judge your opinion of the runways, but you can't tell me Kam "did well in the lip sync" while she missed some words and WENT OFF STAGE for a good 5 minutes (maybe even more, she won't know because of the edit)... Like PLEASE. 

Edited by D.Va

3 minutes ago, D.Va said:

Did I not expressed myself correctly ? If you're not French, you're obviously not going to understand everything (lack of references or just humor getting lost in translation) and you might actually think some things were funnier than they actually were (or the opposite). There's no need to put a ":skull:" as if I'm insulting you lmao, I didn't mean in a bad way. I don't expect myself to deliver an accurate judging of DR España's Snatch Games & Comedy challenges because I can't speak Spanish that well and I will obviously miss some references. This is basically happening to you because Elips wasn't funnier than LGD, she put on a funny voice and mannerism which makes it funnier for foreign speakers. Of course I can't judge your opinion of the runways, but you can't tell me Kam "did well in the lip sync" while she missed some words and WENT OFF STAGE for a good 5 minutes (maybe even more, she won't know because of the edit)... Like PLEASE. 

Well, it sounded like you were coming for me and my opinion. But whatever, I apologise if I misread your intentions :bird:

You're right, I can't claim to understand all the references and nuances, but I still stand by my opinion because that's what I enjoyed as a viewer. Regarding the lip sync, from what I can tell since the song was replaced with something else on WOW Presents Plus, it looked like Kam did well enough and it apparently she didn't stay off the stage for a long time (they didn't stop the performance or anything like that), so I think they probably could've saved her if hey wanted to. I mean, it's not like La Big Bertha did exceptionally well or is slaying the competition in general, her biggest achievement so far is getting a ton of screen time for her confessionals.

Sure, it's not completely fair to say the judging was "one of the worst in a long time", I got a little carried away, but it's so upsetting to see such an interesting queen leave so early. Placements have been kinda messy so far though, Lolita deserved to win at least once and Soa to not lip sync one of the two times she did.

7 hours ago, D.Va said:

What Paloma did wasn't a micro aggression at all it was a parody of how some French women behave and look in in the south of France obnoxious accent, bad make up, "fake woke" attitude (the carpe diem tattoo). Look up "cagole" on Google. Take off the American centrist point of view for a second or don't even watch the show if you're going to make stupid comments like these without understanding the reference. 

Not me thinking you might have a point just to see you calling me stupid in the end :skull:I ain't googling ****

• Haha 1

For anyone who wants the lipsync slightly unedited:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Claymore said:

Not me thinking you might have a point just to see you calling me stupid in the end :skull:I ain't googling ****

PLEASE I was talking about your comment, not you sis :deadbanana2: (And I indeed had a point :gaycat:)  It was harsh but it was kinda true, turning an innocent joke into a micro agression is stupid because it can lead to queens getting hate all because of a misinterpreted reference, I imagine you weren't the only one thinking that about Paloma's parody.

4 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Well, it sounded like you were coming for me and my opinion. But whatever, I apologise if I misread your intentions :bird:

You're right, I can't claim to understand all the references and nuances, but I still stand by my opinion because that's what I enjoyed as a viewer. Regarding the lip sync, from what I can tell since the song was replaced with something else on WOW Presents Plus, it looked like Kam did well enough and it apparently she didn't stay off the stage for a long time (they didn't stop the performance or anything like that), so I think they probably could've saved her if hey wanted to. I mean, it's not like La Big Bertha did exceptionally well or is slaying the competition in general, her biggest achievement so far is getting a ton of screen time for her confessionals.

Sure, it's not completely fair to say the judging was "one of the worst in a long time", I got a little carried away, but it's so upsetting to see such an interesting queen leave so early. Placements have been kinda messy so far though, Lolita deserved to win at least once and Soa to not lip sync one of the two times she did.

Right I forgot that mess around the lip sync, without words it indeed looks like Kam held her own so I completely get what you were saying  :bird: The thing is that song had a lot of words to learn so I can even bet that Kam staged the wig reveal off stage to hide her actually not knowing all the words, there was no reason for her not to do the wig reveal on stage. 

yeah for the me also looked like Ellips was the funniest and I also dont speak french but what exactly was so funny about dame her main humour was Im a stupid miss france beauty queen right Did something else really lost in translate or reference?

Gagged that they eliminated Kam but then again she should've left ep1... so im not that mad... Paloma should've won that.. 

Another very strong episode - this season has been really nice so far :heart2:

Elips should've been in the top, maybe instead of Soa, but they should've just had 4 tops! The bottom placements were spot on imo.

Watching the lipsync without the song was... interesting :rip:

For some reason I liked Kam a bit more (her walk off and attitude were nice), Berta was a bit manic at times, but if Kam really didn't know the words then...

Excited for next week - should be another cool challenge and sth Soa could do really well at!

At this point I'm hoping for Berta to go next, then maybe Lolita, and finally Elips, if they're doing a Top3.

I bet that's what's gonna happen, just in a different order.

Rooting for Grande Dame the most, but living for Soa and Paloma too :heart2: 

nnn it's really hard for me to enjoy international snatch games in other languages and without the references so it was just an ok episode. i enjoyed the runway though, kam's look was really gorgeous.

• ATRL Moderator

Ahhhhhh my fave won! :smitten: I thought Paloma was going to, but honestly, her runway not fitting the assignment makes it hard to feel bad for her :fan:

Kam was SUCH a bore in the workroom/confessionals, so I'm glad she's out. She undeniably elevated the runway, but that was her only contribution.

The music producer in the white sweater in the next episode looks hot :jonnycat:

The episode 4 full lip sync with the actual song in place:

Yeah, La Big Bertha bodied the performance (and it's even more obvious there that Kam Bore was struggling with the words of the song).

5 minutes ago, aahaspider said:

The episode 4 full lip sync with the actual song in place:

Hide contents

Yeah, La Big Bertha bodied the performance (and it's even more obvious there that Kam Bore was struggling with the words of the song).

Yeeeah Kam going to the backstage really hurt her chances here. The song sounds like a French version of Sway  though :eek:

Alright now the eliminations start to hurt way too much lmaooo I really enjoyed the queen who left, RIP. 

I'm so gonna stream these girl group songs lmao, the Rock version unironically SLAPS! 

Edited by Blackthorn
Typos. ?

Spoiler

btw sorry but La Big Bertha needs to GO!!!!! 

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Blackthorn

Soa slayed this episode! I can see her winning this season if she doesn't stumble in the next two episodes before the finale. 

The preview for next week looks intense. I am guessing it's an emotional lipsync or something like that. 

3 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she is going next. The preview for next week seems to suggest that. I don't think Nicky and the judges would get emotional over a queen unless if it was La Big Bertha. 

27 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

I think she is going next. The preview for next week seems to suggest that. I don't think Nicky and the judges would get emotional over a queen unless if it was La Big Bertha. 

The teaser for next week's episode is CRAZY, I can't wait :duca:

Spoiler

I can't remove that spoiler box for some reason lmaoooo

56 minutes ago, Blackthorn said:
  Hide contents

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Soa was amazing, they could have given this one to Lolita though but oh well

Another amazing episode, Drag Race France is following España and UK's footsteps :WAP:

I honestly think the rock group should have won as a whole / Paloma & Bertha should have lip synced with the latter going home.

2 hours ago, Blackthorn said:
  Hide contents

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

This! :bam:

---

Loved the episode, everyone did well. I'm happy with Soa winning, she deserved it. She has the crunchiest wigs though, I'm always taken out of the fantasy because of them.

Loved Lolita opening up about her HIV status, it's always such an educational moment seeing people talking about it shamelessly on TV.

Not another censored lip sync though. What is this mess? :skull:

Elips was clearly not bottom 2 and Bertha should have been there instead.  I thought Elips would have been top 3!

Soa or Lolita would have made excellent winners but Soa was undeniable, best stage presence both in Boom Boom and the runway :clap3:

I can't believe this is the second week in a row the lipsync was cut off :rip: The copyright licensing rules in France are really strict. Libertine is such a great song too. Legendary Mylene :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.