Heartstopper | Season 3 releasing in October

Gossip_Boy

3 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Heartstopper still crushing and dominating in terms of social media engagement for 5 weeks in a row. :clap3: 

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/heartstopper-record-she-hulk-cgi-1235275369/amp/

The lead it still has over the rest of the ranking, 5 weeks in :jonnycat: granted the viewership/fanbase of the show is overwhelmingly young, thus more active on social media, but still it's very impressive.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Bloo

• Lovett

• Gui Blackout

The actor playing Harry is so terrible lord Jesus they needed a recast.

i mean, pll was dominant on that measure too

So glad to have this show right now. Today was a stressful day combined with the sad news of the mass shooting in Texas so it’s nice to have this show to kind of make me feel better. 

got my best friend to start watching this finally and he’s stanning :fan:

the discourse around kit not publicly labeling his sexuality is very annoying and I somehow knew things would go that way as soon as I saw that interview. I hope he stays offline so he doesn’t have to read the bullshit comments from those miserable *******

• ATRL Moderator

The way this show has lived rent free in my head since the minute I started it 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, fais_2311 said:

This narrative that Charlie is a fem :rip: Just because he’s shy, quiet, polite and bullied doesn’t mean he’s a fem. And we never saw his fem side from the show. Even if he’s really a fem gay, so what? And why some ppl were so obsessed with this masc/fem thing and had this ideology that if you are not masc enough then you’re fem. I’m muting that user. I really love how positive and full of love this thread before so I refused to let someone ruin that for me with this masc/fem thing

this

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

The way this show has lived rent free in my head since the minute I started it 

It's a bit troubling because we have a whole year until season 2 probably drops. :jonnycat:

3 hours ago, blaggot said:

the discourse around kit not publicly labeling his sexuality is very annoying and I somehow knew things would go that way as soon as I saw that interview. I hope he stays offline so he doesn’t have to read the bullshit comments from those miserable *******

I hate it. He’s 18 years old and still clearly figuring himself out, yet people are attacking him and trying to force himself into a box he’s not sure he fits into. It’s gross.

• ATRL Moderator
18 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I hate it. He’s 18 years old and still clearly figuring himself out, yet people are attacking him and trying to force himself into a box he’s not sure he fits into. It’s gross.

I think Kit seems pretty resilient based on a recent interview where he talked about it. I think the Heartstopper cast being close in age gives them a good sense of camaraderie and support network. Hopefully they know to ignore the trolls on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

I think Kit seems pretty resilient based on a recent interview where he talked about it. I think the Heartstopper cast being close in age gives them a good sense of camaraderie and support network. Hopefully they know to ignore the trolls on Twitter.

I agree. I’m so glad they have each other, because the **** people are putting them through is gross.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Bloo said:

It's a bit troubling because we have a whole year until season 2 probably drops. :jonnycat:

This is what is killing me :weeps: the only thing getting me through is watching cute compilation videos on YouTube and interviews with the cast

Not me thinking it will have a mini cute love victor moment but it ended up being 100 times better. 

Me finishing it in 4 hours realizing I'll wait a year for the next season. 

Either they will extend the episodes to about an hour or raise the episodes count. 

I can't 

Cry Crying GIF

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

So I caped and watched until ep3

the way the bottom boy grooms and push the cute straight boy (who look like taylor bf btw) over the edge is kinda not the tea, I mean we all want to date someone who is much more attractive but the way the gay one always initiate physical contact yike

Bloo

The homosexual teacher and the girl kind of slay the most tbh

Bloo

On 5/25/2022 at 7:08 AM, fridayteenage said:

i mean, pll was dominant on that measure too

Your point being?

I still wish they had done some promo in the US. Getting Kit and Joe on a couple talk/morning shows, some more digital content...

Hopefully Netflix will step it up for S2, honestly the word of mouth from fans on social media is what carried the promotion of the show.

3 hours ago, SpaceMan said:

the way the bottom boy grooms and push the cute straight boy (who look like taylor bf btw) over the edge is kinda not the tea, I mean we all want to date someone who is much more attractive but the way the gay one always initiate physical contact yike

This is really gross of you to post something like this. How in the world did Charlie groom Nick? Nick was very attracted to Charlie at the beginning even though he didn’t know what those feelings meant until he was able to figure out what they mean to him and was able to understand his sexuality better. 

The comics going to hiatus :jonny:

2 minutes ago, 1DES said:

It sucks because Alice is so overworked and they mentioned their mental health hasn’t been doing that well lately. Hopefully we will get the rest of Chapter 7 this fall and Chapter 8 next year 

I am pretty sure the comics will reach the ending before the show so we definitely don't need to be worried about a Game of Thrones type situation where the show ends first. Even if it does, Alice is writing it so it is all the same.

Edited by mystery

On 5/22/2022 at 10:16 PM, fridayteenage said:

trying to box everyone in as having to be either Masc or Fem is regressive

It actually comes from the LGBTQ community more than it does from the straight community. How sad

1 hour ago, 1DES said:

understandable but damn :jonny2:

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, SpaceMan said:

the way the bottom boy grooms and push the cute straight boy (who look like taylor bf btw) over the edge is kinda not the tea, I mean we all want to date someone who is much more attractive but the way the gay one always initiate physical contact like

I didn't realize Charlie was "grooming" Nick when Nick initiated hand holding several times before their first kiss while Charlie still thought Nick was straight. :toofunny3:

I've finished reading all of the comics available, and I have to say this whole story is incredibly cute and sweet, while also managing to touch on very mature subjects like ED. I have to say that if I, a gay in my late 20s, find this really cute and relatable, I can't even imagine what a show like this means to teen gays. At times, the show can seem a bit too silly for me, but then I have to remind myself that I'm not the target audience. In any case, can't wait for more comics and for further seasons of the show. 

Sidenotes.

Leave the actor who plays Nick alone, he's an 18 year old, nobody owes ANYONE any kind of public announcement of their sexuality, it's NOT okay.

Gays shouldn't box themselves into this masc/fem bs, personality isn't a binary that is strictly related to your sexuality. Have you all been outside and like met people? 

3 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

This is really gross of you to post something like this. How in the world did Charlie groom Nick? Nick was very attracted to Charlie at the beginning even though he didn’t know what those feelings meant until he was able to figure out what they mean to him and was able to understand his sexuality better. 

49 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I didn't realize Charlie was "grooming" Nick when Nick initiated hand holding several times before their first kiss while Charlie still thought Nick was straight. :toofunny3:

I don't know, in the 1st kiss scene Charlie really initiated the physical contact and ask Harry to kiss him it really irk me

And the next day when Nick left Charlie run after him and give him a kiss in the middle of the street even though just 5 mins ago Nick asked to be discreet

That's one thirsty bottom

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.