RuPaul’s Drag Race UK | S5 E10 | Grand Finale

Hephaestus

46 minutes ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Nobody said she was, she chose to do that with her career and chose to stan them on TV. All I said was that it made me uncomfortable which is perfectly reasonable for someone who's part Irish. 

Understandable, I’m just saying that’s why she chose that as her “first impressions” look - her career revolves that. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• KFC

• Roberto

59 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

Understandable, I’m just saying that’s why she chose that as her “first impressions” look - her career revolves that. 

Fair enough. I don't wanna spread hate or anything like that. Just wasn't a fan of it, I'm not saying this queen deserves backlash it's just not politics I agree with. 

• Like 1

Cara Melle is so far ahead of the others :rip:, she's kinda the only polish one (sorry the Polish queen)

the guest judge was bat **** crazy I kinda love it :rip:

Krystal Versace needs to tell her sister to get it together

For how much Kate Bush talks about stand up, where.is.the.joke?

The term DR royalty was using very loosely there, not one of them serving lewk, even Jimbo, very messy :rip:

Edited by MonsterJohn

let me start off by saying lady c*md*n looked a MESS as per usual

more thoughts to follow!

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

more thoughts to follow!

She literally looked the best out of all of them except .:. Maybe Sminty? Or Jimbo? 

they deserve an OSCAR for the editing :redface: is there an “editing out SA contestant out of a cast” category? there should be

the zooming in on the queens to hide uk 🍒🥧 did them dirty at times lmao

- Cara: lowkey ate, kind of boring but the mug is mugging and she gives beyonce more than any other queen ive seen on the show energy wise. I feel like they edited michelle’s critique when she pointed to her face and said “thiiiiis is beautiful”, i bet she said the bottom half was not up to par cause i thought the same, clear front-runner which could be messy/inch-resting as she’s american 

- Vicki: really good, aside from the runway costume, make-up busted :supaspaz:

- Alexis: soon will be out, seems very sensitive, messy breast plate

- Naomi fenty bonina bobby brown carter: CRUNCHY mug, crunchy looks, crunchy 

- Michael: fine i guess, quite solid

- Tomara: decent bar queen, could improve her mug, busted wings and still busted look even if they worked

- Ginger: i like her, charming

- Kate butch: lowkey annoying, some of her banter is funny don’t get the hate, look was meh

Krystal’s messy sister: hate the mug, genera lack of flavor, allergic to serving

ok, i forgot banksie, nothing to say there :supaspaz:

honorable mentions:

- sminty drop: girl you WASH most of this cast and deserved better, was nice to see her 

- guest judge, you won the episode icon

Edited by hétérosexuelle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

She literally looked the best out of all of them except .:. Maybe Sminty? Or Jimbo? 

the mug will just never mug

Watching now, this is lowkey stomping for me 

I’m obsessed with Alexis St Pete for no good reason, I think she’s so endearing and cute, if she goes home tonight I’m DONE. 

Also… I just know Michael is gonna be in the Top 4 :rip: he talked way too much this episode 

Love the cast! Was a great episode, loving the older queens especially. 

Caramel is amazing and all but so was black Peppa first ep and we saw how that went lol. DRUK is very comedy centric, let’s hope the ***** is funny. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Nobody said she was, she chose to do that with her career and chose to stan them on TV. All I said was that it made me uncomfortable which is perfectly reasonable for someone who's part Irish. 

Well, she performs for the troops, she isn't the troops. Afterall someone has to go the army either way, that's the system 

But yeah. 

I do have to admit I'm now obsessed with Kristen McMenamy. How is that woman 58 years old? How is she so fabulous and hilarious? They should have her as regular guest. 

was a really good first ep. after they all finished entering the werq room, i was underwhelmed but the pacing was really good this ep and i loved both the challenges 

even as a british person, the subtitles are firmly ON tho :gaycat7:

• ATRL Moderator

gonna try my best to guess the queens' fates based on their edits in the first ep:

• alexis: definitely giving early out. if she sobs when someone says her breastplate is flopping out of her costume then it's already over for her
  • banksie: had one of the most lowkey edits in the first ep which makes me think she could be an early chop, especially with the occasional shady confessional ("we were the bottom five?" etc)
  • dede: i wonder if they're playing up her messiness :rip: already obvious she's going to have a "living up to krystal" storyline which means she'll make it to at least midway likely with some bottoms
  • cara: clearly very polished and confident because she knows she has it all. i wonder if her not preparing for the lipsync (clearly didn't know the words) will play into her storyline at all going into the finale?
  • ginger: very positive edit for someone who could have been very inarguably safe. a couple of comments made me question her edit though: mentioning she doesn't feel comfortable loosening up until after a few drinks could hinder her, and making all of her runways will definitely factor into some critiques later on
  • kate: lots of confessional time so clearly production wants the viewers to like her. aware of her brand and that she has shortcomings (dancing, runways) but i think that could play in her favour
  • michael: amazing edit. will definitely make it far because the judges see it for her and she got a lot of screentime. could have been top two this episode with an episode one win for early momentum
  • naomi: kind of a nothing edit. they made out like she had it together (she complimented her own runway looks and performance skills) and was ultimately safe... early out?
  • tomara: endearing narrator edit? top four elimination possibly
  • vicki: great edit and a somewhat unexpected win when cara stomped everyone. i can see her making it further but maybe peaking in the premiere -- maybe a morgan s2/mayhem s10 storyline? the confessionals about her being "regimented" will probably come back to bite her in the ass

if i had to roughly guess i would say the edit is giving:

early out

• alexis, banksie, naomi

mid out

• dede, vicki, ginger

top four

• cara, kate, michael, tomara
  • Like 1

I thought the premiere was fantastic and there’s something about the vibe of this cast that I like so much more than season 4, which had some kind of dark energy to it.

However, the LS was super disappointing for me given that it was an upbeat song. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not feeling the episode tbh :/

The concept of this "ball" is weird. It's like production has realized that these queens are competing without an opportunity to make up for the costs of their runway package so let's just ask them to bring one outfit for the ball and then their usual club outfit + take their entrance look into consideration

The cast is quite fun though. Cara is really polished and had the best signature look. Tomara is charming but I don't understand a word she's saying I'm sorry 😭  I like Alexis and Ginger as well. Michael is giving me Vivienne/Danny Beard vibes

Can someone please translate what Alexis says in her entrance line? i can’t figure it out lol 

1 hour ago, mindbender said:

Can someone please translate what Alexis says in her entrance line? i can’t figure it out lol 

Hello hello hello

I'm not a regular dad, I'm a cool dad

On 9/30/2023 at 1:17 AM, MonsterJohn said:

The term DR royalty was using very loosely there, not one of them serving lewk, even Jimbo, very messy :rip:

On 9/30/2023 at 1:59 AM, hétérosexuelle said:

I haven't watched yet but what do Jimbo and Camden have to do with this season??!?!?

25 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I haven't watched yet but what do Jimbo and Camden have to do with this season??!?!?

For the mini challenge the queens had to serve on the runway in front of a panel of past queens, kind of like the first episode of US season 10

This was a fun premiere. Lots of personalities and characters. But given the prize it’s clear they want a funny queen as a winner, hence why funny Danny and Lawrence won despite not being favorites. Krystal stomped on everyone and Ru loved her, so she was an exception. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

This was a fun premiere. Lots of personalities and characters. But given the prize it’s clear they want a funny queen as a winner, hence why funny Danny and Lawrence won despite not being favorites. Krystal stomped on everyone and Ru loved her, so she was an exception. 

Which is funny since nobody watches these shows, such a sad “prize” they should fix it

maybe danny campaigning for a post-show was smart but idk if people will care

Kristen is an icon and the real deal, I love her :jonny:

Remember when she went viral earlier this year for this messy fall

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.