RuPaul’s Drag Race UK | S5 E10 | Grand Finale

Hephaestus

10 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

Did they promote this season at all? I haven't seen nor heard anything since the MTQ :rip:

Social media for the US mainly. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• KFC

• Roberto

tbh none of these girls look that interesting yet, but I'm excited to see if that changes with the first episode. Can't watch tonight so will catch up tomorrow :chick1:

Wait this is on tonight?! Whew the lack of hype is real, even on social media amongst the circles who still watch this show, it’s been near crickets.

DR:UK5 has started?

I literally had no idea.

:hoetenks: 

Let’s say our goodbyes now because this will be the last season (at least it should be but they’ve started S6).

The lack of hype is wild. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Also, who approved those God awful promo vids? 

Just a damn mess! My country is in the pits I fear. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

i'm OBSESSEDDDDDDDD the promo was a red herring omg. amazing cast, fun challenge, mostly great looks. exactly what I want from drag race uk omg. need to actually finish the episode though

okay great ending. happy with the results - i probably would have changed some of the tops but i think i agree with the top two. definitely would have been a cara solo win under normal circumstances but she definitely didn't know the words. happy regardless!

• Thanks 2

the camera angles to edit out whoever it is :rip: 

found the cast god awfully boring but 

will be tuned in every week regardless!

• Like 1

Cara Melle STOMPED this episode. I also liked Kate and Ginger’s confessionals. 

Vicky’s constant bootlicking of the British army made me a bit uncomfortable :rip:

This seems like a group of strong performance girls but this episode premise was lame/lazy… Was there no budget?

Also, it seems like they did some reshoots because of the disqualified contestant. The mini-challenge and the lip-sync had wide angles and I only counted 10 girls. 

• Like 1

I completely forgot about Crystal Lubrikant, until I noticed a fourth person after only three of them entered the work room. After that, I couldn't stop looking for her, but they did a really great job editing her out.

17 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Also, it seems like they did some reshoots because of the disqualified contestant. The mini-challenge and the lip-sync had wide angles and I only counted 10 girls. 

They didn't reshoot, I think. If you look at the wide lip-sync shots, it's only when someone is standing on the left side of the stage, covering the second person from the left. In the mini challenge, the only wide shot was after she was done performing, so she was first in line which made them easier to edit her out by simply zooming in a bit.

Overall, I really like this cast! Promo didn't do them any justice, this was really fun. The Polish girly, DeDe and Kate Butch left the weakest impression on me, but I'm glad no one went home.

Vicki was a pleasant surprise!

I thought it was a cute premier! Didn’t really like the “challenge” premise… the “club look” was essentially just slightly altered versions of their entrances (if at all) which meant it was essentially just entrance and whatever they wore on the main stage to be judged on

I like this group, no one is giving booger. Excited to see there’s some drama next week!

8 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I completely forgot about Crystal Lubrikant, until I noticed a fourth person after only three of them entered the work room. After that, I couldn't stop looking for her, but they did a really great job editing her out.

They didn't reshoot, I think. If you look at the wide lip-sync shots, it's only when someone is standing on the left side of the stage, covering the second person from the left. In the mini challenge, the only wide shot was after she was done performing, so she was first in line which made them easier to edit her out by simply zooming in a bit.

Oh damn you’re right.

In the lipsync to the right of the stage there is (left to right) Ginger, Naomi, Tomara, Banksy. 

The on the left of the stage there is (right to left) Michael, Alexis, Kate, the disqualified queen, Dede.

The editors did an amazing job and cutting around them. They fooled me :rip:

Edited by Both Sides Now

1 minute ago, Both Sides Now said:

The editors did an amazing job and cutting around them. They fooled me :rip:

Agreed!

They were extremely lucky that Cara Melle was standing right in front of her at the end of the lipsync too :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator

has anyone watched the after shave yet? there’s potential for sure but growing pains as well :rip: i’ll stick with it but hopefully the next episodes are an improvement

The MTQ might've been underwhelming, but that was a REALLY nice premiere :clap3: 

I mean, the editing/close-up shots/fast cuts were a little crazy, but that's understandable. Although, it wasn't just when the edited-out queen was on screen, so idk... Is it just me or the editing was wild during the Top5 critiques too? They kept doing these fast cuts and it just seemed really all over the place.

Honestly, this cast seems like a great mix. Fun, shady, talented. The only one so far I'm not huge on right now is Kate Butch. She's fun in confessionals, but that's kinda it for me rn.

As for the results, they weren't horrible.

I find her extremely endearing, but I wouldn't have put Ginger on top. Maybe Miss Naomi Carter? I think even Tomara could've been better. 

I also thought Michael could've been Top2 instead of Vicky, but both of them + Cara were great.

Cara not winning this episode felt weird, especially since I thought she did great in the lipsync, but I'm happy for Vicky as well.

Honestly, I feel like this cast has the potential to deliver the best season since S2 :heart2: I just hope the madness with the edited-out queen doesn't ruin it...

• ATRL Moderator
14 minutes ago, NumbSoul said:

Is it just me or the editing was wild during the Top5 critiques too?

omg right :rip: i thought #11 might’ve been a sixth top queen until they did that wide shot of the entire stage towards the end of critiques which showed only five of them

• Haha 1

I absolutely didn't notice any cutting in order to hide a queen. Wow. Well done. 

Good episode, I enjoyed. It felt fun! 

• Like 1

Cara Mel should have won 🏆  I preferred her lipsync over Vicky's but not mad at the win. 

11 minutes ago, Hector said:

Cara Mel should have won 🏆  I preferred her lipsync over Vicky's but not mad at the win. 

The headpiece and dress really stifled her 

• Like 1

I said in this thread earlier that due to the low expectations I feel like this series will jump out. The cast is actually really great, glad that already we're seeing a bit more classing Drag Race drama and they did a good job filter CL out of the season. I'm excited for the rest of the series!

That was a fantastic premier. The humour from the queens felt very fresh and authentically British for the first time since season 2, and no one really did a terrible job in any of the challenges. Ginger was definitely the worst though, not sure why Copper Topp has been invited back to compete again and really don't see why she was in the top :rip:

The guest judge had me SCREAMING omg, it was giving straight girl first time at a gay bar :lmao: The wardrobe mishaps and harsh wig lines during the entrances and the club mini challenge were also a kii.

The producers edited that queen out AT ANY COST omg :skull: there's no evidence she was even on set apart from the random closeups of other queens

Edited by HotFriedChicken
  • Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator

I love Alexis :allears:

I also liked DeDe right away, but I'm sad she came for Alexis for no reason :gaycat6:

Judging was pretty weird for me. I don't see why Michael or Vicki were tops :rip: Vicki was pretty much in a costume and her makeup was bad. Banksie is lucky af it was a non-elimination.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.