RuPaul’s Drag Race UK | S5 E10 | Grand Finale

Hephaestus

Ugly ending :pukey: The way out of 4 seasons I've only been happy with 1 winner :deadbanana2: All the congrats to Danny though but I just can't get behind her personality. Way too cocky and I feel like she played up to the cameras with all those "tears". Plus she relied way too much on the white face. Even Gotmik switched it up more often. 

The three winners looked stunning with of course Krystal looking drop dead gorgeous. ***** knows how to paint a face :clap3: 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Hephaestus

• KFC

• Roberto

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

And yet Peppa was the one who got the most hate as is par for the course for black queens in this fanbase.

This complete fanfic. :rip:

Black Peppa never got the hate that Jonbers or Pixie got on here. Or even Danny for the first few episodes.

The comments about Black Peppa are almost 100% from disapointed fans that wanted to see her slay the whole season and expected her to win. :deadbanana:

It's the constant babying and false victimization for me. It's insulting and exhausting.

3 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

This complete fanfic. :rip:

Black Peppa never got the hate that Jonbers or Pixie got on here. Or even Danny for the first few episodes.

The comments about Black Peppa are almost 100% from disapointed fans that wanted to see her slay the whole season and expected her to win. :deadbanana:

It's the constant babying and false victimization for me. It's insulting and exhausting.

Agreed. Peppa is probably the first black UK girl who got fans hyped for her right off the bat and ended up disappointing basically every expectation, but there was never straight up hate towards her (at least here).

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

And yet Peppa was the one who got the most hate as is par for the course for black queens in this fanbase. 

So where are the bitter essays for her? Oh right, because ~annoying ATRL users~ want black queens to do well means that others must make up for people wanting Black queens to do well as if that’s a problem :skull: 

Peppa got a really good edit anyways for how she did, and everyone was very objective about her this season and even praised Danny repeatedly but you felt the need to take another unprovoked jab at a Black queen as usual :skull: Literally perched all season since we got UK4 spoilers nearly a year ago. Yikes! Next level obsession.

Jonbers was the true surprise for me this season. She kind of ended up as my fave in the top 4 which I did NOT expect. She’s not winner material but I would love to see her back on a vTW season as an early/mid out. Her mediocrity in challenge performances was far more endearing and entertaining than girls like Ellie. 

I've never said any hateful thing about Black Peppa, my comment was about the spoiled girls and you try to take my words to this level, so stop it. I wasn't complaining people wanting Black Peppa to do it well, she is a star, she serves star power, she looks amazing, it was just you directly assumed that production screwed her and tried to make it look like Danny was better, and another season started with hate towards the white frontrunner.

I dont see any hate train for Black Peppa on atrl, expect for the dissappointment of some members, so my comment is valid and stop trying to take it to "racism" level. 

Congrats to Danny, congrats to Peppa! 

Black Peppa was my favourite from episode one because I related the most to them. It is the comedy challenges that threw them off, but in the roast they accepted being not funny and that was funny! When they were talking about their childhood and they weren’t even allowed to play outside - no funny bone has been created. A baby queen with lots of potential. 

I was rooting for Cheddar because Danny can grate of me sometimes in the confessionals. But the UK never crowns right so 

Jonbers has a certain charm to her. However that closeup when Ru praised her makeup :rip: I liked her look. The way she lucked out by having all of her better looks displayed in the second half of the show. Wish that shield doubled as a headpiece too.

Black peppa's makeup and hair 10/10 but that outfit was meh.

Danny's hair 10/10 makeup bad outfit would've been a LOT better if it was a gown.

Cheddar's look was perfection. Somehow it didn't have that wow factor like Violet's stepping down look etc 

Starlet looked great but mama is really into that baby blue and silver combo

We drag Denali and Rosé for using drag as an avenue for performance because they couldn’t make it in their respective industries. This is basically the same but worse. I’m sorry to Baby but they’re never going to make it as a queer musical artist.

• ATRL Moderator

danny performed the best in the season and the finale (including the lipsync). i was rooting for them and they proved they're a more than worthy addition to the winners circle

in hindsight ru hasn't missed crowning a uk winner once. the circle is so strong :jonny6:

• ATRL Moderator

• 12th - Just May. ATRL predicted: 12th (average placement 11.78)
  • 11th - Starlet. ATRL predicted: 5th (average placement 5.44)
  • 10th - Copper Topp. ATRL predicted: 11th (average placement 9.89)
  • 9th - Sminty Drop. ATRL predicted: 6th (average placement 5.78)
  • 8th - Baby. ATRL predicted: 4th (average placement 5.11)
  • 7th - Le Fil. ATRL Predicted: 10th (average placement 8.56)
  • 6th - Dakota Schiffer. ATRL Predicted: 8th (average placement 7.56)
  • 5th - Pixie Polite
  • 4th/3rd - Jonbers Blonde
  • 4th/3rd - Black Peppa
  • 2nd - Cheddar Gorgeous
  • WINNER - Danny Beard

ATRL predicted:

9th (average placement 8.11)

7th (average placement 7.22)

2nd (average placement 2.67)

1st (average placement 2.56)

3rd (average placement 3.33)

1. Cheddar Gorgeous - 2.56
  2. Black Peppa - 2.67
  3. Danny Beard - 3.33
  4. Baby - 5.11
  5. Starlet - 5.44
  6. Sminty Drop - 5.78
  7. Jonbers Blonde - 7.22
  8. Dakota Schiffer - 7.56
  9. Pixie Polite - 8.11
  10. Le Fil - 8.56
  11. Copper Topp - 9.89
  12. Just May - 11.78

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

7 hours ago, Hephaestus said:

Agreed. Peppa is probably the first black UK girl who got fans hyped for her right off the bat and ended up disappointing basically every expectation, but there was never straight up hate towards her (at least here).

This. I was incredibly disappointed in Peppa’s performance. The only things she truly excelled in were the dance challenges and the runways (unless of course she actually had to make a garment). She SLAYED week one but after that she just……. Faded into the background. I wish she’d been prepared to do ANYTHING other than look good in designer outfits and dance. 

Edited by loveisdead9582

Very happy for Danny Beard. It was basically hers to lose from the beginning of the episode. 

Peppa and Jonbers had the best performances but they had 0% chance of winning. Loved Cheddar's final runway the most but Danny had the better final lipsync and stage performances. Very happy for Danny, a much stronger winner than Laurence Cheney and Krystal Versace.

UK having two big girl winners now :clap3:

On 11/25/2022 at 9:19 PM, Bimbo said:

gdghfghf QUEEN

Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent behavior.  :clap3:

tumblr_n657luSEon1tcixtbo1_400.gif

Updated UK All Stars wishlist now that Baby apparently no longer identifies as a Drag Queen:

1. Divina Del Campo (S1)
  2. Tayce (S2)
  3. Awhora (S2)
  4. Tia Kofi (S2)
  5. Asttina Mandela (S2)
  6. River Medway (S3)
  7. Choriza May (S3)
  8. Starlet (S4)
  9. Sminty Drop (S4)
  10. Dakota Schiffer (S4)

5 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Updated UK All Stars wishlist now that Baby apparently no longer identifies as a Drag Queen:

1. Divina Del Campo (S1)
  2. Tayce (S2)
  3. Awhora (S2)
  4. Tia Kofi (S2)
  5. Asttina Mandela (S2)
  6. River Medway (S3)
  7. Choriza May (S3)
  8. Starlet (S4)
  9. Sminty Drop (S4)
  10. Dakota Schiffer (S4)

DDC wouldn’t come back either because allegedly she won’t be able to pass their mental health evaluation which is why she wasn’t on UK vs The World 

15 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

DDC wouldn’t come back either because allegedly she won’t be able to pass their mental health evaluation which is why she wasn’t on UK vs The World 

Oh wow I didn’t know that. Who replaced her? Cheryl Hole? Or was it originally supposed to be a 10-queen season?

2 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Why not?

16 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

just had sexual intercourse with a uk season 2 contestant :giraffe: that's all i'd like to say at present time!

Ginny Lemon???

22 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

just had sexual intercourse with a uk season 2 contestant :giraffe: that's all i'd like to say at present time!

release the beast!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.