Korean Drama Discussion Thread ☀ 한국드라마 Q2

Bayonsay

So far I watched in the last month. 

Little Women, some of the plotlines we're predictable but still worth the watch.

Glory P.1, can't wait for P.2.

Hometown Cha Cha Cha, the male protagonist was annoying at first but then the female ended up getting annoying. I was more interested in the Dental Assistant relationship than the dentist. There is an actress in this series (they have her dying in every series I have watched her)

Love Alarm, one of the leads, came out looking like a creep in the series. The chockhold an app had on these people, like go touch some grass. 

Nevertheless, i am a "Grandson Noodle Shop" Stan. 

Next Up is Somebody.

Bonus Film: 20th Century Girl, loved that this film felt like it indeed came out in the late 1990. I got me emotional in the last 20 min. 

Edited by 1DES

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DanyelP23

• Gottasadae

• Axel.

• Nebur

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Ugh, I have only finished the first 6 or 7 episodes of Happiness. Not sure when I will get to finish.

I'm about to finish the last episode of Happiness, I like it so far, especially for not typical zombie plot but overall the whole plot is very slow paced with minimal action per episode:gaycat2:

I'm watching Taxi Driver because in two weeks starts the second season and its so good

Lee Je Hoon is serving :jonny:

13b32a9c190658a036807755d41e8074abf7446a 

Loving Trolley 

Beyond excited for the second part of the Glory

On 2/1/2023 at 4:31 AM, DanyelP23 said:

I STRONGLY recommend Mouse.

It's a crime mystery thriller and it's a MASTERPIECE! Don't read any spoilers outside of the official description of the show.

I just finished the first episode of Mouse, it was so engrossing and probably the darkest I've ever seen. What a way to start!! The erratic time jumps are racking my brain tho :rip:

Also finished the entirety of Reborn Rich the other day, what a SHOW but that finale was so awful. Song Joong-ki and Lee Sung-min are STELLAR actors.

8 hours ago, kweenofxanax said:

I just finished the first episode of Mouse, it was so engrossing and probably the darkest I've ever seen. What a way to start!! The erratic time jumps are racking my brain tho :rip:

Please let me know your thoughts as you watch it. From now it will mostly take place in the present from what I remember.

Took a break from Mouse for a bit cause I’ve been in the mood for something light-hearted.

Currently watching Crazy Love and I’m soooo into it :duca:

On 1/31/2023 at 10:21 PM, 1DES said:

So far I watched in the last month. 

Little Women, some of the plotlines we're predictable but still worth the watch.

Glory P.1, can't wait for P.2.

Hometown Cha Cha Cha, the male protagonist was annoying at first but then the female ended up getting annoying. I was more interested in the Dental Assistant relationship than the dentist. There is an actress in this series (they have her dying in every series I have watched her)

Love Alarm, one of the leads, came out looking like a creep in the series. The chockhold an app had on these people, like go touch some grass. 

Nevertheless, i am a "Grandson Noodle Shop" Stan. 

Next Up is Somebody.

Bonus Film: 20th Century Girl, loved that this film felt like it indeed came out in the late 1990. I got me emotional in the last 20 min. 

I decided to hold off on Somebody until March. 

Was going through a Song Kang phase, so I tried to watch Navillera but it didn't catch my attention so moved on. 

Watched Forecasting Love and Weather storylines wrapped up neatly.

Twenty-Five Twenty-One, the cast:clap3:, the soundtrack:jonny5:, Nam Joo-Hyuk:heart2:. This was everything. I'm still reeling from it, can't get over it. Made me interested with the cast work, Choi Hyun-wook's Weak Hero Class 1 is on the queue for next month binge. Right now I'm on my Joo-Hyuk phase.

Start-Up. It was an immediately a hit for me because of the music. The series would have been perfect if they didn't dragged the final storyline, which made the conclusion kinda anticlimactic for me. 

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo. This was so charismatic. Kinda disappointed that once they were finished with Shi-ho purpose they basically wrote her out. And they tried to set up a couple at the very end.

I tried to watch Sweet Home and The School Nurse Files and realized I'm not into the fantasy genre. Radiant just was taking to long to get to the point. 

This week goal would be Extraordinary Attorney Woo or Our Beloved Summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching Eve, Yea Ji is such a psycho queen in her full revenge mode :jonnycat: So far I like it, makjang at it finest with a lot of screams and drama:gaycat2:

Edited by Gottasadae

I am enjoying The Glory so far.

Its refreshing to see Song Hye Kyo out of her comfort zone.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:09 PM, 1DES said:

I decided to hold off on Somebody until March. 

Was going through a Song Kang phase, so I tried to watch Navillera but it didn't catch my attention so moved on. 

Watched Forecasting Love and Weather storylines wrapped up neatly.

Twenty-Five Twenty-One, the cast:clap3:, the soundtrack:jonny5:, Nam Joo-Hyuk:heart2:. This was everything. I'm still reeling from it, can't get over it. Made me interested with the cast work, Choi Hyun-wook's Weak Hero Class 1 is on the queue for next month binge. Right now I'm on my Joo-Hyuk phase.

Start-Up. It was an immediately a hit for me because of the music. The series would have been perfect if they didn't dragged the final storyline, which made the conclusion kinda anticlimactic for me. 

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo. This was so charismatic. Kinda disappointed that once they were finished with Shi-ho purpose they basically wrote her out. And they tried to set up a couple at the very end.

I tried to watch Sweet Home and The School Nurse Files and realized I'm not into the fantasy genre. Radiant just was taking to long to get to the point. 

This week goal would be Extraordinary Attorney Woo or Our Beloved Summer.

Attorney Woo was so cute.

Have you watched One The Woman? The female lead is a sle and the story isn’t a typical brittle female lead.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 9:13 AM, 1DES said:

Oh. :matty:

I CAN'T :hoetenks:

not park yeonjin winning in the end :skull:

lol they're a pretty couple tho

May I Help You  I've seen the first 9 episodes and I really like it 
what if it is that despite the romance and comedy, I have cried in almost every episode:monkey:

but even though I cry, I love it because it is a healing series, it helps many of those who have lost someone in this life or to prepare when that unexpected or expected moment arrives.:dancehall:

The only experience I had with K-Dramas was "Squid Game" so I decided to watch "The Glory" out of curiosity and MY GOD what a great show. The acting was superb I really experienced a lot of frustration through all of the victim's bullying scenes, the cast deserves all the awards in the world for such a great show.

I started watching Beyond Evil because I read good reviews about it and it's such an interesting and engaging show, I'll come back when I finish it but so far so good. I also looked at The World of the married but seeing it's an adaptation of Dr. Foster and having watching the turkish adaptation too I don't know if I may enjoy the same storyline for a third time. 

I watched a few episodes of It's Ok not to be Ok but it wasn't for me.

17 hours ago, L A N D said:

The only experience I had with K-Dramas was "Squid Game" so I decided to watch "The Glory" out of curiosity and MY GOD what a great show. The acting was superb I really experienced a lot of frustration through all of the victim's bullying scenes, the cast deserves all the awards in the world for such a great show.

I started watching Beyond Evil because I read good reviews about it and it's such an interesting and engaging show, I'll come back when I finish it but so far so good. I also looked at The World of the married but seeing it's an adaptation of Dr. Foster and having watching the turkish adaptation too I don't know if I may enjoy the same storyline for a third time. 

If you like Beyond Evil and love a serial killer story with a GREAT twist, I recommend Mouse.

8 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

If you like Beyond Evil and love a serial killer story with a GREAT twist, I recommend Mouse.

I just started Mouse and first episode was really good, 1,30 hours per episode and I didn't feel it coz it was so thrilling :gaycat2:

17 hours ago, L A N D said:

Also, I recommend "Flower of Evil" - such a great series about psychotic killer with great twists. If you like "The Glory", you can try "The Penthouse" aka the most crazy series of it all :gaycat2: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.