• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

Are Hai and Chanelle really dating? I thought they were trolling on Instagram at first but the comments check out. Hai also hasn’t posted a picture of his (ex-?)bf for a while now.

1 hour ago, omrimayo said:

Is this season full length or again short due to isolation before?

All short, I think it's a permanent change now. Probably due to budget.

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

Oh, I don't like it, it's all feels too rushed, the last 2 seasons at least. Shame.

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

******* ~budget, aren't they still the #1 show of the night? Soon they'll rent out a studio in LA and film it there. And how about instead of the 5* resort, the crew and Probst sleep in tents, how's that for a change?

1NfK1ge.gif

In all seriousness, those extra two weeks of gameplay means quite a lot. Staying in one location was the worst decision they ever made since that had a negative impact on almost all parts of the show, but the 26 days might be just behind that.

3 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

******* ~budget, aren't they still the #1 show of the night? Soon they'll rent out a studio in LA and film it there. And how about instead of the 5* resort, the crew and Probst sleep in tents, how's that for a change?

1NfK1ge.gif

In all seriousness, those extra two weeks of gameplay means quite a lot. Staying in one location was the worst decision they ever made since that had a negative impact on almost all parts of the show, but the 26 days might be just behind that.

As a new fan, I agree. A big part of the charm of the early seasons was the location. It adds so much character. Now we quite literally get exactly the same beaches every single season.

12 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Are Hai and Chanelle really dating? I thought they were trolling on Instagram at first but the comments check out. Hai also hasn’t posted a picture of his (ex-?)bf for a while now.

Hai is still very gay and very in a relationship.

That was the worst episode in all of 41-43 so far. Fun twist, but something is off about the cast. Maybe it’s the way the editors have gone back to their old tricks of purpling cast members and highlighting mostly men.  The first half of the episode, we only heard from men. They even used Cody to talk about Noelle. *** off editors.

4 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

That was the worst episode in all of 41-43 so far. Fun twist, but something is off about the cast. Maybe it’s the way the editors have gone back to their old tricks of purpling cast members and highlighting mostly men.  The first half of the episode, we only heard from men. They even used Cody to talk about Noelle. *** off editors.

This cast is just not giving, but I also thought the premiere episode was weak. 

Me thinking last week Justine had potential only for her to tank her own game a week later ? Dwight going hard for her while the ship was sinking in front of his eyes. Mama read the room lmao.

Ryan is too cute I want him to go far so I can have him on my screen ? 

The bead challenge was a funny moment but also anticlimactic in the end after so much built up since Justine voted for Cody anyway. That said I much prefer twists like this where you can test your social game while making fun tv.

Anybody else find Cody extremly hot? no, just me?

Anyway this ep started really oldschool, we had struggle with the elements, interpersonal conflicts and bonds, some lowkey drama. But of course, the advantages!2! kicked in like a wrecking ball at the end. The beads changed literally nothing as the girls split their vote and Justine would be going anyways, and that shoCKING! reveal at the end was honestly very cheap and disgusting; the players are supposed to be blindsided, not the viewers. I really dislike the manufactured drama like that, esp when we had some organic drama earlier in the ep. It's like producers don't trust their cast so they're making it up with twists and editing, but it's just turning the show into another run of the mill reality TV, instead of the unscripted drama that it once was.

Season is starting off disappointing so far, multiple all men alliances formed targeting women, two women being the first vote offs, next week Jeanine gets ratted out and targeted so possibly another woman out. These men saw Erica and Maryanne win the last two seasons and said not again.

5 hours ago, Komet blu said:

Anybody else find Cody extremly hot? no, just me?

Anyway this ep started really oldschool, we had struggle with the elements, interpersonal conflicts and bonds, some lowkey drama. But of course, the advantages!2! kicked in like a wrecking ball at the end. The beads changed literally nothing as the girls split their vote and Justine would be going anyways, and that shoCKING! reveal at the end was honestly very cheap and disgusting; the players are supposed to be blindsided, not the viewers. I really dislike the manufactured drama like that, esp when we had some organic drama earlier in the ep. It's like producers don't trust their cast so they're making it up with twists and editing, but it's just turning the show into another run of the mill reality TV, instead of the unscripted drama that it once was.

TBF this cast is dull.

I'm not feeling this season at all. 

Justine :weeps: She was one of my favorites from the first episode. Two women, back to back. Yawn.

Also, we knew that he got the beads based on how much time was left in the episode when they got to Tribal Council.

I only watched the last 20 minutes with the hurricane making the schedule super weird/my power was out for a bit and WOW at what a slog it was to get through it. The way the post-tribal scramble was almost entirely twist this, beware that, and the way Jeff was smiling and egging on the bead discussion at tribal... I had to mute. This show is racing to the bottom with Big Brother in terms of having the least watchable edited episodes possible. And with Erica's win still fresh I don't even have edgic to obsess over because if the winner isn't a man its extremely likely the editors wont give an ef and just not give them a story regardless :skull:

1 hour ago, splozo said:

I only watched the last 20 minutes with the hurricane making the schedule super weird/my power was out for a bit and WOW at what a slog it was to get through it. The way the post-tribal scramble was almost entirely twist this, beware that, and the way Jeff was smiling and egging on the bead discussion at tribal... I had to mute. This show is racing to the bottom with Big Brother in terms of having the least watchable edited episodes possible. And with Erica's win still fresh I don't even have edgic to obsess over because if the winner isn't a man its extremely likely the editors wont give an ef and just not give them a story regardless :skull:

Ugh don't even get me started on Erica's edit, I'm still mad with the way they edited her and Heather. Even though Survivor has promised to cast 50% BIPOC they still always zero in on their white straight athletic male and give them the golden boy edit, Xander on 41, Jonathan on 42 and now Cody. This show has been on a downward spiral ever since Jeff became and executive producer, he needs to go

6 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Ugh don't even get me started on Erica's edit, I'm still mad with the way they edited her and Heather. Even though Survivor has promised to cast 50% BIPOC they still always zero in on their white straight athletic male and give them the golden boy edit, Xander on 41, Jonathan on 42 and now Cody. This show has been on a downward spiral ever since Jeff became and executive producer, he needs to go

How did Jonathan get a golden boy edit when they started pushing him in N territory real hard circa merge? Cody is nothing close to it as well, you might mean screen hogs, that I can see.

The scramble for the beads left me gagged :skull: They must have really badgered Noelle about those beads in order for her to finally give them up. I hope the Nneka/Cody/Jesse trio goes far in the game.

Is anyone else just a bit bored? I’m tired of the constant sob stories, flashbacks, and introspection. I miss when this show was cutting, edgy, and a bit nasty. I want more humor and biting commentary and cutthroat gameplay. That was a whole lot of buildup for just a predictable Justine boot. I’m disappointed that we’re right back to the first boots being women POC and the screen time being dominated by the men. The fact that the opener was Gabler talking about his aches and pains for five minutes… :zzz:

On 9/28/2022 at 9:42 PM, family.guy123 said:

Some hot asses this episode

Was thinking the same thing. I need screenshots/gifs :campfire:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.