Tennis | Follow the red clay road to Roland Garros

supaspaz

Rybakina d. Sabalenka 75 62

Rune, Zverev, Auger-Aliassime, Musetti were among the seeds to lose today in Shanghai

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

The way Ben Shelton generates unnecessary hate sends me. :dies: 

To me, it seems like it would make the most sense to do the Asian swing during that lull period after the Australian Open. The players are already down in Australia, so it wouldn’t be a huge lift to go to other parts of that region. Plus there would probably be better participation because the players are fresher at the beginning of the year. Then if they want tournaments between the U.S. Open and the WTA Finals, add some more in the Western Hemisphere (Vancouver? L.A.? Rio? Boston?) that way players aren’t having to traverse the globe in such a short time.

Edited by geddymonster

Shelton def. Sinner 2-6, 6-3, 7-6(5).

Shelton, who turned 21 yesterday, gets the biggest win of his career and proves that his US Open run was no fluke.

The Western & Southern Open is staying in Cincinnati until at least the middle of the 21st century: https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/38625796/western-southern-open-remain-cincinnati

I guess they could move the Winston Salem tournament to Charlotte, or if Larry Ellison sells, BNP Paribas could be moved from Indian Wells to Charlotte.

Hurkacz ended up winning Shanghai

Shelton is into Tokyo QF

Alcaraz withdrew from Basel due to injury

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/38689509/billie-jean-king-lobbies-better-tennis-scheduling-combining-bjk-cup-davis-cup

I'm glad that BJK is speaking up about this. When BJK speaks, you usually know that changes are going to be made. As I have said before, the fall schedule on the WTA side is a mess. If they aren't going to put a tournament of note (like the French Open or Indian Wells) in the fall, then they should just move the WTA Finals closer to the US Open, perhaps in late September. All the meaningless tournaments that are currently played in the fall can be moved to November, along with the BJK Cup, to begin a new season after the players rest up in October.

Shelton is in his first ATP final in Tokyo

and in Antwerp Fils beat Tsitsipas in the SF

Basel ATP draw

Vienna ATP draw

Congrats Ben. :clap:

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Sensation said:

Shelton won his first ATP title in Tokyo 

Love to see it!

It's a shame that the fall schedule is horrid and not too many people witnessed Ben Shelton's first ATP Tour title. It would have been better if a big tournament, like Indian Wells, was going on right now and Shelton had won.

Some more 2024 entry news with Kerber entered to play Adelaide along with Tomljanovic, Kokkinakis and Musetti so far

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.