Boys Love | BLammy Winners Announced (Starting Pg. 834)

JonginBey

4 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

You can watch Gap The Series (GL series), which is now into its 2nd episode.

Have you watched About Youth?

Oh wow didn’t know that premiered already. I should get a MDL account to make things easier to keep track of :redface: 

About youth is on my future watchlist I was waiting to watch it after I finish history 4, whenever that will be :redface:

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Oh wow didn’t know that premiered already. I should get a MDL account to make things easier to keep track of :redface: 

About youth is on my future watchlist I was waiting to watch it after I finish history 4, whenever that will be :redface:

HIStory 4 is an amusing mess, with the fake boyfriends to real boyfriends trope and the stepbrothers to boyfriends trope. I didn't like the look of Teng (he's way too skinny). Two of the other 3 actors are quite hot and have nice abs.

Obviously, don't expect anything intellectual, and it contains the I-am-only-gay-for-this-one-dude trope, but it's fun while it lasted.

16 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Just want to put out a statement ahead of the BLammy Ceremony. Firstly, thank you for all the ballots. I received 18 which is a new record. Thank you for lending your voices, even those who weren't very active in the BL community this year but still wanted to support :clap3:With that being said, personally, seeing the results has been a personal disappointment for me. Not exactly because of the winners (for the most part, some deserved), but the lack of diversity in all aspects is honestly the worst this time around; and while you guys will get your kii's in on Sunday, I'm already bored of the impending reveal. Please broaden your regions and genres and do better next year!

spacer.png

Oh no looks like the #BLammySoThai strike again. Anyway thank you in advance for hosting the BLammys.

msci1g6si63a1.jpeg?width=1290&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b1c1edff0b7c5e5f9c272284f8ce9be2c5d02443

Bland Buddy would have been a lot more interesting if Ohm and Nanon had portrayed their characters like that.

the Bad Buddy theme song just won Best Original Song at the Asian TV Awards held today here in Manila. Nanon was here to accept the award in person.

So are Mile, Apo and Bible going to get killed (like Shakira) or be bought (like Ronaldo) in Saudi Arabia? :gaycat7:

(But yeah, Saudi Arabia has a bit of a gay scene where tops are thirsting to look for bottoms, from articles that I have read. The line of reasoning is that you aren't gay if you are inserting the appendage into a hole. :coffee:)

the bad buddy themed song didnt bother me when i watched the show but i listened to it carefully for the first time for blammys, i'm sorry those vocals are ass

y5zEPw4.gif

I think I am the only one here who watched the HK remake of Ossan's Love, but I just want to say that this theme song is great.

It's funnier when the two guys in a ship (NeoLouis) are competing against each other for the same girl. You can see that Neo is fuming that Louis has the singing abilities that he doesn't possess. (But props to Neo for trying to sneak in a shot of his abs.)

I am liking Louis more now, but sad that he's essentially abandoning the ship to focus on his studies.

4 hours ago, Katamari said:

Yeah it’s cute. Tho I wonder if this dude is really falling for Gene or if he is just clout chasing to further his career. Guess we will find out :giraffe:

Which dude? :keir:

9 hours ago, Mix said:

Well un-dead it :giraffe:

We need the BL industry to revive films as a whole first.

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Which dude? :keir:

Kao lol

I kinda need a groundbreaking quality new BL to explode in popularity so I can have something to obsess over. Preferably starring hags that I already know who can serve improved acting and a boost of popularity for their careers

29 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

I kinda need a groundbreaking quality new BL to explode in popularity so I can have something to obsess over. Preferably starring hags that I already know who can serve improved acting and a boost of popularity for their careers

This TEA! BL's are just not giving like they're supposed to right now, they need new ideas, extremely bored nowadays and feeling my sanity slipping

Its gotten to the point where im watching so many Kdrama's to get my fix..... Yall please someone save me 

We have a bit of time until the BLammy's, so do any of you have show ideas that you would like to see made?

I have so many BL ideas that live in my head, and every day I dream about the potential of them. Imagine kdrama-length BLs with that flavor of melodrama...... foaming at the mouth at even the thought of it.

Here is mine. Sorry for the extreme length.

So this idea started out as a Korean version of the US show Uncoupled, which is a complete flop in my opinion and very unwatchable. Don't recommend it; ignore it, except for my unhinged show idea. So the show is about a recently heartbroken 30-40/50-year-old who has broken up with his male partner of over a decade or more, and now he has to go through the dating scene as a lost, heartbroken, yet still very much in love hag who's still very much in love with his ex. As I said, the show sucked, but I REALLY liked the premise and wrote an unhinged fanfic about it.

The MC: The Korean version has the same premise but is very different; it is also about a middle-aged guy who has been dumped by his partner of over 10-20 years; they could be high school or college sweethearts, it doesn't matter, but they're done and finished, but the main character is still not over him until he meets the main lead, and well, sparks fly and ish, and he becomes accustomed to the main lead that in the middle of the show his ex becomes a non factor until he shows up again like all heffas in these types of shows do and tries to win him back.

The ML: Now, for the main lead, I envision him as a widower who is still psychologically traumatized by his lost love. He is a successful businessman, but has become extremely detached after his wife's death. He begins to believe he is not meant for love anymore and solely focuses on his work and a little for his troubled family, something he is not that good at cause he lost touch with his children after his wife's death. That is, until he meets the MC after they become business partners because of their firm or sum, at which point he begins to doubt his sexuality and place in life and falls deeply in love again.

To go along with this and to give the show more substance, he and his late wife's children(4) are still dealing with the traumatic hell they went through, and as a result, all of them are suffering from some form of PTSD as a result of their mother's death, at least until the main character enters the picture. The eldest son suffers from severe depression and has attempted sewerside several times, thinking he could only be happy if he is with his mother, so his family removed him from school and keep a watchful eye, and he has become a sort of lost soul in his family until the main character emotionally bonds with him and makes him see that his passing isnt gonna lessen the pain and and he should value the family he still has. The second child, i.e., the daughter, suffers from severe anger issues, which have manifested in her becoming an iljin (bully), and she begins hanging out with a bad crowd and messes with a girl in her class who is the goddaughter of the MC(She is the MC's best friend's daughter, the MC is very close with these 2 as they know the MC sexuality and personal life, he was there when she was born, while the father of the GD wasn't). She gets suspended and is stuck at home and starts bonding with the MC, which leads to her finally having a healthy platonic friendship and a familial one since the MC starts helping her with her difficulties in school academically. Because of his goddaughter and their close relationship, he is especially good with her; he uses many of the activities they did together as he did with his GD. The two youngest still lack the maturity to understand the trauma of being present while their mother died, causing the third youngest, i.e., the second son, to have a very wild imagination that no one in the family understands except the main character, since he himself witnessed his mother's passing, and the youngest child, i.e., the second daughter, to become mute again, with the MC being the only one outside the older sister who understands how she views the world in her state.

All of this makes the family get attached to the MC until the MC finds out that his goddaughter was being heavily harassed by the girl he got close to (with his best friend, i.e., the mother of the goddaughter, being extremely heartbroken and feeling betrayed) as well as his ex coming back. Who knows, maybe the eldest daughter and the goddaughter will become best friends after she works through her anger issues and they both team up against the real bully in their class who has been manipulating them both? The eldest finally starts opening up to others and making friends, and the family as a whole finally understands each other and stops being so divided. (Before this, the family is weirded out by the young son's morbid monologues, and don't know how to deal with the eldest's sewerside ideation, and are annoyed by the eldest daughter being suspended again for behavioral issues or her heavy smoking etc etc.) So mess, drama, sensuality, found family, family bonding, mental health, and so forth, like y'all BLs could be so much more.

Anyway thoughts? Would like some feed back hehe!

Funny Gifs : atrl GIF - VSGIF.com

Edited by Babymomo

43 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

This TEA! BL's are just not giving like they're supposed to right now, they need new ideas, extremely bored nowadays and feeling my sanity slipping

Its gotten to the point where im watching so many Kdrama's to get my fix..... Yall please someone save me 

I switched to chinese bromances and now I’m watching a chinese str8 show. That’s how bored and tired am rn when it comes to bls.

Nowadays especially thai bls it’s the same sh1t with new actors with 0 acting experience that have to act like social media stars to sell their tired ass ship.:rip:

3 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

It's funnier when the two guys in a ship (NeoLouis) are competing against each other for the same girl. You can see that Neo is fuming that Louis has the singing abilities that he doesn't possess. (But props to Neo for trying to sneak in a shot of his abs.)

I am liking Louis more now, but sad that he's essentially abandoning the ship to focus on his studies.

He chose education and security over a MAN

as he should :clap:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.