• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

On 12/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, Rence said:

Omg what’s wrong with the 2nd one :redface: I haven’t played it yet

The second one is still a great game. But removing the grid and replacing the bombs with the stars (aka Sparks) has made the game significantly easier. I had to put the game on hard mode and even then, I don’t even lose any health in about 95% of battles. 

The second game’s areas aren’t quite as fun (they’re all based on seasons and the first two worlds are just okay) and none of the villains/characters are as memorable as Rabbid Peach/the Phantom Rabbid of the Opera in the first game. The level design isn’t as clear-cut since it’s now “open-world” and the design just isn’t as captivating as the first game.

That isn’t to say that when the game gets it right that it doesn’t knock it out of the park, but ultimately it feels like a simpler regression of the previous entry than it does a new take on a cult classic. They need to add random selection for levels (for both characters and sparks) and flesh out the wardens and dialogue for it to be anywhere near as good as Kingdom Battle, imo.

On 12/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, Rence said:

Omg what’s wrong with the 2nd one :redface: I haven’t played it yet

The second one is still a great game. But removing the grid and replacing the bombs with the stars (aka Sparks) has made the game significantly easier. I had to put the game on hard mode and even then, I don’t even lose any health in about 95% of battles. 

The second game’s areas aren’t quite as fun (they’re all based on seasons and the first two worlds are just okay) and none of the villains/characters are as memorable as Rabbid Peach/the Phantom Rabbid of the Opera in the first game. The level design isn’t as clear-cut since it’s now “open-world” and the design just isn’t as captivating as the first game.

That isn’t to say that when the game gets it right that it doesn’t knock it out of the park, but ultimately it feels like a simpler regression of the previous entry than it does a new take on a cult classic. They need to add random selection for levels (for both characters and sparks) and flesh out the wardens and dialogue for it to be anywhere near as good as Kingdom Battle, imo.

Whew lordT :jonny5: 

I personally never got the hate for OT1's characters barely interacting tbh. I liked it cuz it was more realistic individual stories rather than crazy anime fate BS. The little they did interact was wholesome enough for me. 

Has anyone played 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim? I'm thinking of getting that or FFVII Reunion for Christmas. I've played Crisis Core on the psp so I know the tea on Reunion, but Aegis looks interesting:coffee: 

2023 GOTY FINALLY HAS A RELEASE DATE :jonny5: 

RANKED :jonny5:  Pokemon found DEAD :jonny5: 

• ATRL Moderator

Tweets don't work. I wonder what @thatsmydemi is talking about :gaycat7:

I'm talking about MegaMan Battle Network Legacy Collection, of course 

New trailer released yesterday with release date! :party: 

GameStop has a tarot card deck preorder bonus for Fire Emblem :WAP:

All these GameCube graphic kid games coming out?   Are they really not going to have triple a quality adult vgs that a grown man can play  2023?

what are they thinking?! They are not even trying anymore— why? 

Beat the first Bayonetta game, sucked total ass at it, though. Started 2 last night and so far 1 has the better story but 2's controls, mwah!

Finished Bayonetta 3. The story was mid but it doesn't deserve all the trashing. I liked Viola as a character but I absolutely hate her gameplay. It sucks that the game doesnt let us use other characters in the main story post game. I'm definitely not playing all those Viola levels again :chick3:

On 12/17/2022 at 1:24 AM, manwhore said:

All these GameCube graphic kid games coming out?   Are they really not going to have triple a quality adult vgs that a grown man can play  2023?

what are they thinking?! They are not even trying anymore— why? 

Except most AAA adult VGs are aimed at children (see: Call of Duty). It’s ironic because Nintendo’s demographics tend to actually skew wider than Sony’s/Microsoft’s despite the notion that their games have a more limited market.

Also, we have Octopath Traveler II, Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime 4 coming and we haven’t even had the first Direct of the year. There is literally nothing to complain about.

I'm in chapter 2 of Bayonetta 3 and I can already say this... 2>1>3

On 12/23/2022 at 10:04 AM, Eternium said:

Except most AAA adult VGs are aimed at children (see: Call of Duty). It’s ironic because Nintendo’s demographics tend to actually skew wider than Sony’s/Microsoft’s despite the notion that their games have a more limited market.

Also, we have Octopath Traveler II, Tears of the Kingdom and Metroid Prime 4 coming and we haven’t even had the first Direct of the year. There is literally nothing to complain about.

Proof that adults love Nintendo? Show receipts. I know pedos do but general population adults don’t.  

6 hours ago, manwhore said:

Proof that adults love Nintendo? Show receipts. I know pedos do but general population adults don’t.  

:michael:

Not @manwhore ruining his own search history to find four pedophiles and then getting immediately clocked with a direct statistic using a sample size of over 100 million people :deadbanana: 

Honestly, this is why it’s so refreshing to see the Switch absolutely decimating every Sony and Microsoft console ever. Their fans were so condescending only for their favorite consoles to get left in the dust. Next year Switch will be the biggest console of all-time :jonny5: 

17 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

15 hours in and I'm sorry Persona stans but Shin Megami STOMPS on it. 

I am SHOCKED. We usually like the opposite things :dies: Why do u not like P5R? I wonder if our reasonings are similar :lakitu:

18 hours ago, Rence said:

:michael:

:deadbanana2: the effortless clocking asdfbfdgnfhgfa 

19 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I am SHOCKED. We usually like the opposite things :dies: Why do u not like P5R? I wonder if our reasonings are similar :lakitu:

:deadbanana2: the effortless clocking asdfbfdgnfhgfa 

I like it though but it's nowhere close to SMTV :mandown:

15 hours in and I miss SMTV's exploration and freedom so much. I'm so tired of being told what to do. This ******* cat tells me to go to sleep every single night :deadbanana4:. Then, the following day some cutscene happens, more talking (there's SO MUCH TALKING like pls stop for 5 minutes and let me play omg), it's night again and I've done nothing. :skull: 

I'm enjoying the themes P5R touches like suicide, sexual abuse, etc. I don't think I've played a game with such themes and is a fresh aspect. 

12 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I like it though but it's nowhere close to SMTV :mandown:

15 hours in and I miss SMTV's exploration and freedom so much. I'm so tired of being told what to do. This ******* cat tells me to go to sleep every single night :deadbanana4:. Then, the following day some cutscene happens, more talking (there's SO MUCH TALKING like pls stop for 5 minutes and let me play omg), it's night again and I've done nothing. :skull: 

I'm enjoying the themes P5R touches like suicide, sexual abuse, etc. I don't think I've played a game with such themes and is a fresh aspect. 

I haven’t finished P5R yet (I’m still on the fourth “chapter” but I can say that it has the better story, art direction, and social system while SMTV has the better combat, exploration and overall gameplay.

I prefer SMTV so far but P5R having a relationship system and lots of content is making me want to finish it. :foxaylove2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.