RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Make Your Own Kind of Rusic (f/ legendary lipsync)

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator

IDK, I have never really noticed an influx of supporters of a certain queen that has made me look sideways and/or second guess why they are supporting that queen. I almost have a bigger issue with the claims mid-season in this thread that the support is only because that member is looking at spoilers.  I keep up with Drag Race in places other than ATRL and they all have their queens they like and the queens they don't (like how ATRL was the first place to unanimously disown Cracker as any sort of talented queen).  So when I get here it doesn't phase me if I see a member saying they think Monet will make the final with one star, even if that's not what the path is looking like for her at that moment.  I was rooting for Ra'Jah last season and kept claiming she was going to make finals but I actually didn't think that was going to happen until it did. 

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

?????

Ie, the punishment the lil monsters went through in 2013 during applause vs roar. 

Are there certain people who hate Monet, sure. However a lot of people swapped on Monet winning because of her stans. Monet is one of the most loveable drag queens. She is the definition of black excellence. There is no reason to hate on her. In the same way there is no reason the drag Jaida to lift up Monet.  Really everyone is being petty rn. 

4 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

this is entirely your choice though, i  personally wouldn't stop stanning a queen because they weren't placing in the top. i've been a loud jaida stan the entire season despite her having the worst track record of the cast, for example, but that was never called suspicious. users stanning monét, myself included, don't have to "tone the stanning down" because that's what you did

Where did I say that Monét stans had to tone it down because I did? I provided context from someone who goes into this show unspoiled and, facing the reality that Raja wasn’t doing particularly well, adjusted my expectations. I didn’t stop stanning her, but you didn’t see me insisting she would be in the top 4 no matter what because I simply didn’t know what would come next.

Am I to believe that most (not all, obviously) Monét fans were clueless and expected her to go from 1 star to top 4 while being unaware of the twist and the finale placements? Sorry, but that’s just unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Now its harassment :ahh:

"I hate a poster stanning a black queen SO much that I'm gonna show them by bashing said black queen, feeding into racist rhetoric, and calling her talentless for 12 weeks straight" 

Whew this thread is WILD 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611170c4a8817ed29f7f8

Read it how you want sis. Im not the one who spent the season dragging Jaida and Shea to uplift another black queen. Im just having fun with you (and some other users). Why im not afraid to use the quote button. It is funny how you keep bring race into it when you have been dragging 3/4th of the black contestants. Are you secretly racist? ?

590b0181ecd47e55e902bf71c58a5c4eacba35a1

22 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

And before yall come for me, im sick with Covid so thats how i have time to write paragraphs today. ?

Get well soon :heart:

6 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

can y'all thread ban ol girl again

I just ignore it.

8 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Read it how you want sis. Im not the one who spent the season dragging Jaida and Shea to uplift another black queen. Im just having fun with you (and some other users). Why im not afraid to use the quote button. It is funny how you keep bring race into it when you have been dragging 3/4th of the black contestants. Are you secretly racist? ?

590b0181ecd47e55e902bf71c58a5c4eacba35a1

You might wanna get your facts straight cause I never in my entire life dragged Shea. I was in here stanning and defending her all season just like I was in AS5 and S9 while most of atrl trashed her like they do a black queen of choice EVERY season. 

I swear you girls just MAKE stuff up to fit some delusional narrative and run with it. Anyone who's seen my posts would know I've never dragged Shea for anything when shes one of my all time favorite queens. Ya'll let YOUR blind hate for queens seep into what you think is reality. Just like ya'll make up I only started stanning Monet this season, just like yall make up I posted spoilers and now yall are making up that I dragged Shea. Its giving Fox News and fake narrative to justify your bullsh*t point. Go ahead and find ONE post where I said **** about Shea and better yet find one negative thing I even said about Jaida that wasnt in direct response to someone trashing Monet to uplift her. 

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Ie, the punishment the lil monsters went through in 2013 during applause vs roar. 

Are there certain people who hate Monet, sure. However a lot of people swapped on Monet winning because of her stans. Monet is one of the most loveable drag queens. She is the definition of black excellence. There is no reason to hate on her. In the same way there is no reason the drag Jaida to lift up Monet.  Really everyone is being petty rn. 

let me explain in no uncertain terms that admitting to trolling is a warnable and threadbannable offense :rip:

9 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Where did I say that Monét stans had to tone it down because I did? I provided context from someone who goes into this show unspoiled and, facing the reality that Raja wasn’t doing particularly well, adjusted my expectations. I didn’t stop stanning her, but you didn’t see me insisting she would be in the top 4 no matter what because I simply didn’t know what would come next.

Am I to believe that most (not all, obviously) Monét fans were clueless and expected her to go from 1 star to top 4 while being unaware of the twist and the finale placements? Sorry, but that’s just unrealistic.

you entirely missed the point of my post which was to say other people enthusiastically stanning someone they've stanned for years is not an indication of being spoiled or implicitly spoiling others. people express their support in different ways

5 hours ago, G'Day said:

!! It’s actually so gross that Monét gets seen as a “half winner” with her “0.5 crown” when Trinity gets seen as a full winner.

They both have their own crowns, their own scepters, and each of them won the same amount of money that every other winner from S4 to AS6 won. 

Monét won three challenges on AS4 (and AS7) which is more than Trixie won on AS3, Shea won on AS5, and Kylie won on AS6. 

Because we have eyes and we saw their original seasons. Trinity could have won S9, Monet could not have under ANY circumstances won S10. Trinity won AS4, Naomi also could've won, Monique also could've won, Manila also could've won and no one would bat an eye because Monet somehow slipped past all of them? She didn't even deserve to be on All Winners because she's not a winner so yes, I have been pressed about that. For her to be given the flowers that the original season winners, who really proved themselves C.U.N.T in the moment to be trivialized and played with by production is annoying and a stain on the franchise to me as a day one fan. We likely won't ever get to see the best that drag race has to offer because of these tacky stunts like tieing for a crown and giving people 3 stars at the end. Whether people want to admit it or not, Violet, Bianca, Bob, and Sasha are the 4 most successfully branded winners (w/ Trixie) because they all peaked when drag race peaked and they're not interested in returning which is sad.

I feel like queens like Monet opened the door for queens like Deja Skye to somehow make it to All Winners against someone like Bianca Del Rio and were all wondering how the hell they got in the same room.

That's how it felt seeing Monet next to Raja, Jaida, and Jinx, girls who literally SLAYED their seasons with talent and power, not multiple chances and connections.

:angry:

Edited by satellites.™

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

you entirely missed the point of my post which was to say other people enthusiastically stanning someone they've stanned for years is not an indication of being spoiled or implicitly spoiling others. people express their support in different ways

I don't think I've missed the point, but to completely clear let me quote @karron0624's post again because they've described what I'm trying to say better than I did:

50 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Its not the supporters. All the queens are winners so all of them have supporters. But there is a difference between supporting queens (i.e saying Raja is robbed on the first two challenges and leaving it at that) vs saying X queen is a top 2 lock on finalist 1 win halfway through the season with three queens supposedly locked into the finale and the other queen being tied FOR LAST with THREE challenges left, while also saying that she is going to beat a queen in stars when with THREE CHALLENGES LEFT THERE IS NO WAY POSSIBLE TO CATCH UP. Add in the fact that the people saying this ARE CONSTANT POSTERS IN THE SPOILER THREAD.

Lets be clear, you dont have to be in the spoiler thread to know who posts in it since their names constantly come up as the last person to post on the thread in the entertainment section. Add in the fact that when you read the spoiler thread, other members are constantly telling those same members that they are pushing the boundaries in the main thread based on whats actually happened in the season.

Once again, no one cares the Monet has fans. What people care about, and why people are dragging her, is that her stans came in here from the spoiler thread all brazen, actively pushing the boundaries of what “production would do because its a TV show.” You know what production would do because you actually read what production did, GTFO of here. And then to come back and gaslight people in this thread by saying “saying someone spoiled it is outrageous, and you spoiled it yourself” when there is a clear distinction between members who go in the spoiler thread and members who don’t, and we all know who goes in the spoiler thread is bullshit.

Yall can support whoever you want. Tyra and Sharon still have supporters on here. But dont act like a lot of the Monet supporters werent sitting in the spoiler thread then coming over here ready to give “hints.”

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Because we have eyes and we saw their original seasons. Trinity could have won S9, Monet could not have under ANY circumstances won S10. Trinity won AS4, Naomi also could've won, Monique also could've won, Manila also could've won and no one would bat an eye because Monet somehow slipped past all of them? She didn't even deserve to be on All Winners because she's not a winner so yes, I have been pressed about that. For her to be given the flowers that the original season winners, who really proved themselves C.U.N.T in the moment to be trivialized and played with by production is annoying and a stain on the franchise to me as a day one fan. We likely won't ever get to see the best that drag race has to offer because of these tacky stunts like tieing for a crown and giving people 3 stars at the end. Whether people want to admit it or not, Violet, Bianca, Bob, and Sasha are the 4 most successfully branded winners (w/ Trixie) because they all peaked when drag race peaked and they're not interested in returning which is sad.

Remember Monet was the solo winner and they added Trinity in later.

6 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I feel like queens like Monet opened the door for queens like Deja Skye to somehow make it to All Winners against someone like Bianca Del Rio and were all wondering how the hell they got in the same room.

That's how it felt seeing Monet next to Raja, Jaida, and Jinx, girls who literally SLAYED their seasons with talent and power, not multiple chances and connections.

I do agree, seeing AS winners in the same competition as regular season winners does seem odd.  I'd be fine with Trinity, Shea, and Monet on this season and saved them for an AS winner season exclusively. 

But the way Drag Race is going will end up like Project Runway AS seasons with random winners, multiple AS competitors, and 4th outs all competing together.  

5 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

let me explain in no uncertain terms that admitting to trolling is a warnable and threadbannable offense :rip:

Respectfully,

My comment was less offensive and less trolly then the comments against fans of Raja and Jaida that were let allowed to pass and against a person who was thread banned for purposefully trying to spoil the season stating how their actions led to people not liking them of the queen.

I also dont believe it is fair for you as a moderator to come in and respond to people saying “you dont understand how someone could interpret fans acting a certain way,” when someone was literally thread banned for doing the thing that you said we were interpreting in correctly. The Only One was actually thread banned for everything we are stating, and you are calling out other members for stating this.

• ATRL Moderator

Also even as a mod I don't keep up with who posts in the spoiler thread.  I'm hardly there why would I remember who's posting there and crosscheck that with who's posting here? :rip: 

16 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

You might wanna get your facts straight cause I never in my entire life dragged Shea. I was in here stanning and defending her all season just like I was in AS5 and S9 while most of atrl trashed her like they do a black queen of choice EVERY season. 

I swear you girls just MAKE stuff up to fit some delusional narrative and run with it. Anyone who's seen my posts would know I've never dragged Shea for anything when shes one of my all time favorite queens. Ya'll let YOUR blind hate for queens seep into what you think is reality. Just like ya'll make up I only started stanning Monet this season, just like yall make up I posted spoilers and now yall are making up that I dragged Shea. Its giving Fox News and fake narrative to justify your bullsh*t point. Go ahead and find ONE post where I said **** about Shea and better yet find one negative thing I even said about Jaida that wasnt in direct response to someone trashing Monet to uplift her. 

Your second post back you were already dragging Jaida, but love how you had to add the * about a direct response. Shea was in the spoiled thread in reference to one of my older comments i made today. ?

But like I said, it is Hypocritical for you to get on your high horse about Monet and calling people racist when you have also trashed other Black queens this season.

16 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

I think the same :rip: y'all could just go to the RPDR AS4 wikipedia and see that even Monique had a better track record than Monet. IMO Monique DID deserve the spot Monet had. She's not a winner material tbh and IT'S NOT RACIST, IT'S JUST AN OPINION

Checking for a poster SO hard that you know they post in a thread you allegedly don't look in :ahh:

Like fave like stan I fear. Keeping the girlies with no C in their Unty PRESSED 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111af61cc2442dc25808

Fidodsksidx im gagged this discussion  is still happening almost a week later. Y’all KNOW jinkx should have LOST after she got EMBARRASSED by Monet and it shows! Can’t stop talking about it! :ahh: 

7 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

Your second post back you were already dragging Jaida, but love how you had to add the * about a direct response. Shea was in the spoiled thread in reference to one of my older comments i made today. ?

But like I said, it is Hypocritical for you to get on your high horse about Monet and calling people racist when you have also trashed other Black queens this season.

So no actual response with examples then huh? 

Let me do it for you. 

My first, second, AND third post back without a single dragging of Jaida and what's that? 2 of those posts were spent defending Shea not bashing her like you LIED about. Refrain from quoting me if youre gonna spew fake news and lies to make a point. Actually, just refrain from quoting me period. 

On 8/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, TheOnlyOne said:

Shea slays the season, double the wins of S*sha but suddenly only the lipsync matters

Shangela dominates the season, triples the lipsync wins of Tr*xie but suddenly only the jury vote matters

Ra'Jah slays all season, gives epic redemption storyline but is edited out of the lipsync to make Kylie win

Monet is competitive all season, has the most stars, DOGWALKS the lipsync but suddenly track record matters

The girls crying about track record!! being the same ones who were rooting for 1-win Willow to win 3 months ago :deadbanana:

6/8 white queens in the hall of fame now despite Trixie, Trinity, Kylie and Jinkx all being undeserving who were only crowned bc they got a higher internet reception by this racist fanbase. Alaska was the last white queen to actually earn the crown yet 4 more were crowned after her and somehow ya'll let WoW trick yall into the false narrative that Monet & Shea were the benefactors of rigging :rip:  In all the years of voting, a black queen has only topped the fan vote twice yet they've used it to determine the winner every single VH1 season :skull:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b8f475bc40ed95e9fa84b34c38513c426df33bcb&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

They really value black queens SO little that they'd rather BOTCH their finale and sacrifice the entertainment value by  giving us horribly spliced lipsyncs than admit their white production fave flopped at the end

200w.webp

On 8/1/2022 at 9:32 PM, TheOnlyOne said:

“On a lighter note can we get back to dragging queens of color again” and atrl JUMPING to do just that. :deadbanana4: I see that little warning above the thread is doing wonders as intended 

Kim is in her entrepreneur bag and obv going through something based on the extreme weight gain over the past couple years. She’s always aimed to be a mostly makeup girl since she can’t perform for **** and is probably happy just being a makeup mogul, only appearing in posts and videos enough to keep her brand out there to sell her cosmetics. Don’t even like the ***** like that but she’s worth a little bit of defending for always being on the right side of history by openly stanning Shangela right in her bestie’s face during AS3. The friend group of Naomi, Kim, and Monet remains elite, especially when they don’t invite Bob to their hangouts to keep him pressed :toofunny2:

Don’t confuse Bob getting cancelled to you WANTING Bob to get cancelled. She will remain an icon and one of the BEST winners of all time even without ever working with World of Wonderbread ever again. Jaida’s high ass could been talking about literally anyone but here y’all go. 

Shea is bitter as she absolutely should be. They crafted a underdog edit to make give her a different storyline than being a front runner for the 3rd season in a row and now has to deal with musty fans acting like she flopped. Production played in her face like no other and it ain’t no surprise that the queens just starting spilling tea within the past 2 weeks, which is the exact timeline of Monet finding out she lost. They ALL know it was Rigga Morris and 5/8 queens calling out production isn’t for no reason. Beyond just herself, I know Shea is mad as **** to see her 2 black sisters clearly win the lipsync but the show just outright saying NOPE fans don’t like blacks and neither do we. Monet being top 2 AND winning the final season but leaving with $10k is a joke. Yvie stomping Auntie Dust and leaving with nothing is a joke. 

On 8/2/2022 at 12:12 PM, TheOnlyOne said:

Its gonna be as sweet as St Lucia I fear

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611652122e978d84b1afc

Anyways… it was so funny hearing Bob and Monet say NO to 200k on Sibling Rivalry, like didn’t even discuss that being an option and that 500k is the absolute lowest :ahh: and saying 1 mil would be fit. These girls are being so underpaid from Wow and it’s clear lol. These are people who work in the industry, I’m sure when they heard the prize was 200k they all wanted to QUIT :ahh: Also agree it’s interesting that at least Monet didn’t know there wouldn’t be elims or how much they would be competing for.

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, karron0624 said:

I also dont believe it is fair for you as a moderator to come in and respond to people saying “you dont understand how someone could interpret fans acting a certain way,” when someone was literally thread banned for doing the thing that you said we were interpreting in correctly. The Only One was actually thread banned for everything we are stating, and you are calling out other members for stating this.

The mod team (those who post in this thread and other mods who weighed in) agreeing to threadban TheOnlyOne for their conduct does not mean every single person stanning someone in a different way to how you stan someone is spoiling the season for you. I'm not continuing this discussion if all you can do is strawman something I said.

44 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

Get well soon :heart:

Thanks sis.

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

So no actual response with examples then huh? 

Let me do it for you. 

My first, second, AND third post back without a single dragging of Jaida and what's that? 2 of those posts were spent defending Shea not bashing her like you LIED about. Refrain from quoting me if youre gonna spew fake news and lies to make a point. Actually, just refrain from quoting me period. 

Your second post about follower count is directly related to how you dragged Jaida multiple times theoughout the season. And of course not, i’m on my phone. Im too lazy to go back and look up all your previous posts, but feel free to post all your posts as justification that you never dragged any black queen. ?

17 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Checking for a poster SO hard that you know they post in a thread you allegedly don't look in :ahh:

Like fave like stan I fear. Keeping the girlies with no C in their Unty PRESSED 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111af61cc2442dc25808

Sis, I literally post in the spoiler thread. ?

19 minutes ago, Aelita said:

I think the same :rip: y'all could just go to the RPDR AS4 wikipedia and see that even Monique had a better track record than Monet. IMO Monique DID deserve the spot Monet had. She's not a winner material tbh and IT'S NOT RACIST, IT'S JUST AN OPINION

Monet won the last episode which is not counted in the Track record. She also was filmed winning by herself, and trinity won because someone spoiled the season.

7 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

The mod team (those who post in this thread and other mods who weighed in) agreeing to threadban TheOnlyOne for their conduct does not mean every single person stanning someone in a different way to how you stan someone is spoiling the season for you. I'm not continuing this discussion if all you can do is strawman something I said.

Again, no one said every Monet stan, we were only calling out certain users, and then we, the posters were called out for saying that. If we are both saying “not everyone but yes some” then we actually agree.  Our whole point was it did happen. And the mod team Greed that it did happen.

27 minutes ago, G'Day said:

Monét slipped by Monique and Naomi when she had the second most wins of AS4 (tied w/ Manila)? And she murdered the finale while the other three were subpar? Make it make sense. 

And is Monét not allowed to get better from season 10? Kii at you mentioning Trixie when she also would’ve never won Season 7 and only won AS3 because of a “tacky stunt” that eliminated the other frontrunner (after the real frontrunner DeLa had already eliminated herself). Once again, if Monét didn’t deserve to win AS4 then half the All Stars winners didn’t deserve to win their seasons.

Monét is a Drag Race winner whether you like it or not, so you might as well stop being pressed about it. 

Especially when the ONLY thing holding Monet back in S10 was not having money for good runways. 2 of her 3 bottom placements were strictly look based challenges and she only "lost" her final lipsync to push a hot white man further and was only thrown in that last lipsync to save production pet Aquaria in the first place. 

"Monet winning opens the doors for winners competing against 4th outs" as if that didn't ALREADY happen before Monet even got on drag race when they cast Bebe on the same AS season as Morgan McMichaels. But yes, let's blame Monet for everything wrong with Drag Race :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.