RuPaul's Drag Race | All Stars 9 | Rosemarie’s Baby Shower: The Rusical

Unoriginal
ATRL Administration
Message added by ATRL Administration,

Reminder to *report* posts that violate rules, especially rules violating our Zero Tolerance Policy (e.g., racism, transphobia, etc.) and spoilers. We cannot adequately moderate this thread if reports are not filed. Click here for the rules. Thank you.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ALittleGauche said:

well I’m trying to play the same game and I’ve got no clue either 

+1 :rip:

• Like 1

• Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hephaestus

• Relampago.

• Rotunda

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

I was staring at this for a few minutes trying to figure out who this was without looking at the title lol

4 minutes ago, ALittleGauche said:

well I’m trying to play the same game and I’ve got no clue either 

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

+1 :rip:

It looks like AI :rip:

• Haha 2

the Mackie Doll disrespect :rip:

083b93d4163a08f94150f9bb7b4bbb9da41fe44f

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

the Mackie Doll disrespect :rip:

083b93d4163a08f94150f9bb7b4bbb9da41fe44f

Omg spoiler! But I guess I was gonna find out once I clicked the link. My best guess was Kimora Blac but I knew it wasn’t her. Close enough with the name though !

as for this episode, as much as it sucks to see Mirage leave so early, there really wasn’t any other options for bottom 2, and no way of justifying her winning that lip sync. 

for once, the judging and the elimination was fair- and of course it was an early fan-fave that took the hit. This show… lol

as for the rest of production’s shenanigans, nothing I haven’t bitched about before: purposely cock-teasing Q for 4 episodes straight…boring (she probably should have won over Plasma, but the Plasma win was also completely justified)- the way they just hold the camera on Q the whole time while nymphia is getting praised, Plasma is being announced as winner, etc. they’re just trying so hard to recreate that Jan moment and it’s so corny. We aren’t gagged, and we aren’t going to gag when/if Q gives them to satisfaction of a face crack of a complaining confessional. They want to recreate the Loosey storyline/character SO bad and for what? It wasn’t that funny the first time.

and their manipulation of PJ is officially as bad-actually, much worse- than MIB (bc at least MIB was a lot more lighthearted with her villainess games). But they will Continue giving her undeserved top placements so she continues being over-confident enough to bully other girls. It’s so transparent and boring. They REALLY need to just do better at CASTING, and then the season storylines would write themselves. I thing @qurl was the one to point this out? It’s just a simple fix: cast people who are already great characters and you won’t have to force such repetitive and BORING  characters. 

Edited by Gwegend

36 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Honestly, this makes me wonder how true the "production's plan backfired" narrative can be; she stated clearly, more than once, that she didn't know the words. Surely production could have changed plans at that point and not send her out there to fail :rip:

I would move Morphine to the top list and agree otherwise. I thought MLD was giving filler in week one, but I changed my mind.

Honestly what has Morphine shown so far to make herself a threat? This girl will get kicked out about halfway through the competition bffr :skull: 

• Like 1

Mirage was my fave queen wtf 

Rupaul is senile and evil!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Not the Kahmora disrespect! 

Also, I think this show is in a weird spot judging wise. You can tell some of this challenge and a lot of the banter is aimed at a younger generation with how it’s written and the references they make. 

At the same time, there’s a lot of emphasis on knowing a lot of old things, like how Ru was harping on Mirage’s 70s hair and 60s dress or whatever. Honestly I don’t think anyone really cares but Ru was obsessing over that. I guess the girls should just do their homework but it really feels like a “okay grandma, let’s get you to bed” type of moment sometimes :rip: 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, brooklyndaddy said:

AS8 hadn’t aired yet when this filmed so it is just a coincidence that her a similar role to Jimbo

See that’s the thing- it is NOT coincidence. I think a lot of viewers are more naive to what production controls than they realize.

production said, “hmmm we want to give PJ a strong edit- what worked with Jimbo during last season?” They are FULLY giving these kids acting cues and direction whether behind the scenes or blatantly. But it is happening. I hate to ruin the fantasy but this show is far more scripted and directed than we want to believe. 

why do you think so many queens have said that you KNOW when you are gonna be a finalist vs when you are a filler queen? They all say they can tell from the beginning if they will be someone who goes far in the competition- this is because producers will instruct and suggest to the queens what they want them to do.

Edited by Gwegend

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Also, I think this show is in a weird spot judging wise. You can tell some of this challenge and a lot of the banter is aimed at a younger generation with how it’s written and the references they make. 

At the same time, there’s a lot of emphasis on knowing a lot of old things, like how Ru was harping on Mirage’s 70s hair and 60s dress or whatever. Honestly I don’t think anyone really cares but Ru was obsessing over that. I guess the girls should just do their homework but it really feels like a “okay grandma, let’s get you to bed” type of moment sometimes :rip: 

Honestly it's been getting worse since the VH1 move. Ru refuses to update his references to anything outside of Mommie Dearest/Dynasty/Cher and it's so at odds with the 16-29 caucasian demographic MTV clearly wants to attract :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I feel attacked because I had to agree with ru. Even amongst my friends I watched with, who are in the same age group. I put it in terms they could understand and then they agreed:

if it was NoaTGagas and a queen came out in a leotard and a disco stick with a thunderbolt on her face etc- but she had on a pink chromatic wig…or something more blatant like a pink cowboy hat…I definitely think people would be calling that out. But because most viewers are far beyond 60s and 70s babies, we don’t care as much. I felt Ru on that one.

and personally, even though I’m an 80s baby, I STAN Dark Lady and it’s one of my all time favorite songs so these queens need to do their homework and bring iconic lip syncs for these iconic songs - JUSTICE FOR CUT TO THE FEELING!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it was some other ***** I wouldn’t care…but it’s Cher hair… a woman known/iconic for her hair… especially as a gay person and ESPECIALLY as a drag queen you should get the era of hair correct!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mirage played herself, DO NOT ask for a role and then second guess YOURSELF against a titan like Saph, like has she seen the show?

Not only that, she already snuck through the ball with those looks and she's a known dancer so throwing her in the bottom means nothing to Ru. She wants to see her fight! That PIN UP hair with THAT gown was the moment though!

Plasma deserved the win, she's talented and I want to see more, like Ross said, her knowing history is major points imo. Gay history is so lost amongst the young generation that pop culture is dying sadly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

plasma is so unbearable

how is there so much outrage over a queen we’ve only had for 3 episodes and has NOT excelled in any of them :deadbanana2:

she obviously deserved to stay over Genovia BUT i feel like it’s so disrespectful to Ru to come on the show and not take the time to even learn the lipsync songs. they all get the songs before the show starts so there is NO excuse for not putting in the work

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Sapphira, Q and Nymphia :jonny5:

A collapse.

Except Ms. Q will be dropped when Jane or Plasma fight their way into the top 3.

28 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

I feel attacked because I had to agree with ru. Even amongst my friends I watched with, who are in the same age group. I put it in terms they could understand and then they agreed:

if it was NoaTGagas and a queen came out in a leotard and a disco stick with a thunderbolt on her face etc- but she had on a pink chromatic wig…or something more blatant like a pink cowboy hat…I definitely think people would be calling that out. But because most viewers are far beyond 60s and 70s babies, we don’t care as much. I felt Ru on that one.

and personally, even though I’m an 80s baby, I STAN Dark Lady and it’s one of my all time favorite songs so these queens need to do their homework and bring iconic lip syncs for these iconic songs - JUSTICE FOR CUT TO THE FEELING!

But being in your 20s and not knowing Gaga references as a drag queen would be egregious cause you’re living during that era. Cher is a legend, but it’s not quite the same as Mirage theoretically not knowing Gaga eras. And really, it was just Ru’s addiction to bringing up the damn hair about 3-4 times, like okay we get it mama :deadbanana: Just as someone who respects Cher’s legacy and knows about her but could not tell you the details of what she wore in what decade because I’m barely about to enter my mid 20s.. it was a weird moment.

That being said, I do appreciate girls like Plasma who know their references, do their research and can recite gay history like the back of their hand. I’m not personally invested in studying all of that outside of having a general idea around things, but I do like being educated on these things while watching Drag Race. And I can’t blame Ru too much either. If I were judging a Night of a 1000 Rihannas in 2040, I’d be dragging girls for wearing a Talk That Talk outfit with LOUD hair.

• Like 2

Kahmora is such a cool queen, this weeks Pit Stop wasn't super entertaining but she is always a delight to watch. I really admire her dedication to Bob Mackie and she shows that you can be talentless and still be a good drag queen :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

At least the bandaid has been ripped off because now I can just watch Nymphia & co curbstomp the season without having to root for anyone else

but Mirage... my god Mirage... the icon that you are... the QUEEN that you are... the silently off-sync martyr of our generation... you may be gone from RuPaul's crusted fingertips but you will always be in my heart ❤️ I see people saying that her role as host was destined to fail and I disagree but I'm still sad to see her go!

Spoiler

you just know RuPaul was fuming at mirage not know the lyrics to Cher esp after she mixed hairstyles. Her looking at Mirage for 10 whole seconds as she was bawling on the floor and then just saying "iT's noT oVeR"... it was honestly serving

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

But being in your 20s and not knowing Gaga references as a drag queen would be egregious cause you’re living during that era. Cher is a legend, but it’s not quite the same as Mirage theoretically not knowing Gaga eras. And really, it was just Ru’s addiction to bringing up the damn hair about 3-4 times, like okay we get it mama :deadbanana: Just as someone who respects Cher’s legacy and knows about her but could not tell you the details of what she wore in what decade because I’m barely about to enter my mid 20s.. it was a weird moment.

That being said, I do appreciate girls like Plasma who know their references, do their research and can recite gay history like the back of their hand. I’m not personally invested in studying all of that outside of having a general idea around things, but I do like being educated on these things while watching Drag Race. And I can’t blame Ru too much either. If I were judging a Night of a 1000 Rihannas in 2040, I’d be dragging girls for wearing a Talk That Talk outfit with LOUD hair.

Fair enough- but she KNEW the damn runway category like come on! I am big on gay history and music , specifically, and not so much on outfits/eras (like obviously I know the Turn Back Time look), but I would have done the simple research (aka google) to know what hair goes with what outfit. So even though it was clearly an OCD type of pet peeve of Ru’s, it still was inexcusable when it comes to “being young and not knowing”. 

I definitely wanted to see more of Mirage, but I can’t say she didn’t deserve her departure. Although, there were a couple of safe queens that could have arguably been edited into a justifiable bottom placement (Dawn and Megami) over Mirage. But ultimately, it was still not unfair for Mirage to be bottom 2

• Like 2

when i saw a spoiler that she was out, i wasn't surprised she was in bottom, but i thought some fierce lipsyncer was against her to throw her out...

how long till they start calling the other girl the lipsync assassin :skull:

Saphira is so aloof. No personality, no nothing. She's good tho. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Thumbs Down 3

45 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

how is there so much outrage over a queen we’ve only had for 3 episodes and has NOT excelled in any of them :deadbanana2:

she obviously deserved to stay over Genovia BUT i feel like it’s so disrespectful to Ru to come on the show and not take the time to even learn the lipsync songs. they all get the songs before the show starts so there is NO excuse for not putting in the work

She definitely should have known the words but she also definitely excelled in the first challenge. More than just being a talent show, the challenge is to introduce yourself to the audience so we can see who you are. Mirage connected with the audience more than any other queen so in that sense she excelled the most by far.

• Like 2

Just now, Pendulum said:

I agree with this, I love her still and she’s clearly heads and shoulders above everyone except Nymphia, Q, and maybe Plane (TBD) but I’m struggling to connect with her atm. I do think her storyline is waiting in the wings though, and once we start chopping more and more queens her personality will shine through.

• Like 5

Saphie is SMART and SMART girls dont give it all away so fast. 

Jane has peaked and she is literally Jimbo/Willam.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

You're lowkey right, the same with Q. The crown is definitely Nymphia's to lose.

I need at least one these three to have an early gag elimination, cus Mirage isn't a gag, she was mid outside of personality lets bfr.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.