COVID-19 [Day 1600]

Genius1111

19 hours ago, madonnas said:

I got my 3rd (booster) shot in late December, and caught Covid late March and had it up to early April, when would be a good time to get my 4th shot?  Now?  I went on a vacation a month ago and of a group of 8 I was the only one to not get it, presumably because I was still immune.  With new more contagious strains should I push it and get a shot later on, so that it will be more effective when my immunity wanes, or has it pretty much already waned?

Literally same :dies: my train of thought at the moment is that apparently the omicron vaccine they will roll out is not that effective for the new sub variant, so personally I will wait to get a booster until the new omicron specific comes out in the fall or if it hasn’t by then I will just take a 4th shot of the original one

14 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Apparently the BNO Newsroom Twitter account got temporarily suspended, I was wondering why I wasn't receiving COVID news from them in a while. :deadbanana:

I believe they deactivated? I remember seeing some tweets from that account saying they were going to stop covering covid (or the account altogether)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

Wasn't willing to wait for the Omicron booster by late September at the earliest so I had to make up being immunocompromised again to get my 5th Moderna. My 2nd booster was back in February. :coffee2: 

15 hours ago, Espresso said:

Wasn't willing to wait for the Omicron booster by late September at the earliest so I had to make up being immunocompromised again to get my 5th Moderna. My 2nd booster was back in February. :coffee2: 

5th… :deadbanana2: sis CHILL. Do you even leave your home? Why was that needed?

Edited by phreshprince

On 7/12/2022 at 10:14 PM, Espresso said:

:skull: What is the point?

21 hours ago, phreshprince said:

5th… :deadbanana2: sis CHILL. Do you even leave your home? Why was that needed?

37 minutes ago, Kamil24 said:

:skull: What is the point?

I'm around vulnerable people after being around unmasked irresponsible people daily, don't want Long Covid and I follow several infectious disease epidemiologists (not the crazies) who say symptomatic infection is no longer moderately stopped by any of the currently available vaccines after 5 months per vaccine. The FDA would open it up beyond those that are older and/or immunocompromised but won't because we're low on supply and Congress can't get further Covid funding passed according to several reports that track the industry. Also a BA5 variant isn't being developed by Moderna or Novavax until November at the earliest, which isn't to be confused with the Omicron booster available in September, which is practically useless at this point because BA4/BA5 are now the most dominant sub-strains in the States. 

Looks like we have confirmation of what was implied last week at the board meeting for vaccine updates.

This is absurdly late and will cost lives when BA5 surges in back-to-school sessions in just weeks.

Especially given the piss-poor youth vaccine numbers. 

It's so weird having caught COVID between waves, because when I got COVID I was the only person I knew who had it at the time, now everyone around me is getting infected except me. :priceless:

Ontario has a SICK sense of humor. They finally opened up 4th doses to EVERYONE 18+ as of July 14th.

Great, I can get my second booster dose since I'm almost 7 months out from last one.

WRONG. 

Just a few days ago I tested positive for covid again (Definitely BA.5) and recovery has been brutal. I'm definitely feeling this variant way more than I did with the alpha variant back in March 2021 when I was unvaxxed. That was child's play compared to BA.5. 

No idea how I got it but I'm thankfully the only one in the family that has tested positive. Now I just have to recover and wait for clearance until I'm ready to work at the hospital again. 

Ontario also recommends waiting 3 months after a COVID-19 infection before getting another booster but I'm torn. Will the Omicron bivalent vaccine be available then or will I have a period of vulnerability to reinfection while waiting for it?  

As of right now, I have booked a Moderna shot for late August. Kind of on the fence if I should even get it or not. I'm also triple Pfizer and never had Moderna. 

Alex forgot to mention that having a civic-minded population would have been so helpful.

Naomi also did not mention how long it would take to wait in line for the test, so it would certainly be more than 10 mins.

Right now, I think only mainland China + Abu Dhabi (the capital of the UAE) has mandated regular testing. Strange that Abu Dhabi doesn't get any flak for their fortnightly testing regimen. I think it would be good to do that, but I think most national/local governments don't have enough money in their reserves to do that, even if they want to (probably only applicable to Asia).

Edited by Genius1111

Isn’t supposed the virus get weaker every time  :biblio:

Does anyone have some recommendations for sore throat due to covid? I started having symptoms Tuesday night and currently I only have a bit of fever but the sore throat won’t leave me alone.

Covid-19 every single time we try to stop them. I'm tired :gaycat6:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9521c7c52df8f6cb5fb10

8 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Does anyone have some recommendations for sore throat due to covid? I started having symptoms Tuesday night and currently I only have a bit of fever but the sore throat won’t leave me alone.

I drank Emergen-C while I had it and it helped.

14 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

YES! I used to get singing lessons from a former opera singer who got Covid last year. Also got lengthy advice from a nurse Covid help-line I called for my sister in Boston who had it who also took all of the below. Not sure where you live so if you'll be able to access these or anything similar (I subscribe to ConsumerLab too which does quality tests on all of these). Again, note, NOT a doctor personally - this is literally what someone with a medical license told me but you should contact your own for any allergy or other medicine contradiction concerns for your body

Throat specifically:

- Thayer's Slippery Elm Lozenges (any flavor)

- Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat Tea

- Gurgle with warm salt water multiple times a day

- Drink an insane amount of water every hour

(you'll have to piss all the time, also careful if you have reflux/digestive issues already in which case go for a gentler tea as well)

Ongoing Immune Support: 

- 3-5,000 IU's daily (in drops/capsules) (ideally) bioavailable Vitamin D3 [as cholecalciferol] combined with K2 [as MK7 (menaquinone-7)]

- 1,000 mg daily Vitamin C (a lot of these on the market are unfortunately partially synthetic with poor absorption rates, do your research)

- Elderberry Capsules (also be be careful on this too in your market - I would only buy from New Chapter Organics on this honestly)

Though good products of the above are very expensive, there's so many fillers in products elsewhere on the market with poor absorption rates and synthetic or all-out fake fillers and other ingredients that sometimes it's worth the investment. I personally get my D3/K2 and C from my multi and take extra D3/K2 drops from Amy Myers - New Chapter for the elderberry.

On 7/11/2022 at 7:43 AM, Genius1111 said:

Maybe this is why I’ve been lucky to not have been infected with the virus? There is a new case at my office almost every day. :rip: 

On 7/15/2022 at 6:45 PM, Iceland said:

Isn’t supposed the virus get weaker every time  :biblio:

blame the mutation so the newer ones getting stronger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.