• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Genius1111

• Espresso

• Jotham

• Cloröx

A reminder that Macau/Macao thus far has "only" 621 cases and 2 deaths in the past 920+ days.

Ew, I have it rn for the first time and it’s bad. Even after getting triple vaccinated. This mess is not over. :monkey:

2 hours ago, fountain said:

Ew, I have it rn for the first time and it’s bad. Even after getting triple vaccinated. This mess is not over. :monkey:

that's because natural immunity from any variant of the virus has always been more effective than the vaccines

after this, you won't have to worry as much.

• ATRL Moderator

I got my 3rd (booster) shot in late December, and caught Covid late March and had it up to early April, when would be a good time to get my 4th shot?  Now?  I went on a vacation a month ago and of a group of 8 I was the only one to not get it, presumably because I was still immune.  With new more contagious strains should I push it and get a shot later on, so that it will be more effective when my immunity wanes, or has it pretty much already waned?

Everyone around me getting this even people who had dodged it up until now :rip:

Just had my 4th jab (2nd booster) yesterday though. :pancake:

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

Just had my 4th jab (2nd booster) yesterday though. :pancake:

Because all the vulnerable people are vaccinated. At one point deaths were over 1200 a day with less cases but the vaccines made it manageable. The new variants are definitely evading vaccines much more though as every metric is getting worse (cases, hospitalisations, deaths).

What a cute name. 

“This time last year, many were convinced that Delta represented an evolutionary pinnacle for the virus, but the emergence of Omicron and the vast increase in variability and antibody evasiveness is a sign that we cannot as a population follow an influenza-like plan to keep pace with viral evolution,” said Griffin.

In addition to vaccines, longer-term plans should include variant-agnostic measures to prevent infections and reinfections. “This includes creating infection-resilient environments through improved ventilation, filtration, or sterilisation of indoor air, sensible re-provision of lateral flow tests, and appropriate and supported isolation periods that will actually reduce ongoing transmission,” he said.

Apparently the BNO Newsroom Twitter account got temporarily suspended, I was wondering why I wasn't receiving COVID news from them in a while. :deadbanana:

“We found out that people who were vaccinated at the end of last year or who got the booster shot by the end of last year, they have basically almost zero neutralizing antibodies against (Omicron),” said Dr. Igor Stagljar, who co-led the study and is a professor of biochemistry and molecular genetics at U of T’s Donnelly Centre and the Temerty Faculty of Medicine.

This means actually that anybody who got COVID by the beginning of this year, or who got the booster by the beginning of this year, can get reinfected now,” he said.

:deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.