2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

FWESGGzUcAEWkzN?format=jpg&name=large

Β 

chile where kassi at? i wanna see him try to talk out his ass explaining this

32 minutes ago, Seiko Oomori said:

Β 

They haven’t been here since the thread got reset a couple months ago. I think with Biden rapidly sinking, they sorta divested from politics.

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They haven’t been here since the thread got reset a couple months ago. I think with Biden rapidly sinking, they sorta divested from politics.

i would too !Β :bibliahh:

12 hours ago, Communion said:

Β 

@Mean TreesI-Β :gaycat6:

Β 

How unhinged! We are truly doomed like seriously.

Β 

β€œPolice officers need more funding!” - Joe Biden, Stacey Abrams, any elected Democrat pretty much

13 hours ago, Communion said:

Β 

@Mean TreesI-Β :gaycat6:

Β 

Very misleading.

Β 

Australia - depends on state, but in most states, the limit is > 20 weeks and in some states can be approved after these time limits pass with agreement from two consulting doctors.
Singapore - 24 weeks
Vietnam - 24 weeks
Netherlands - 24 weeks
Iceland - 22 weeks

New Zealand - 20 weeks
Sweden - 18 weeks

Β 

In quite a lot of the countries with 12 or 14 week limits, there are extended limits (or no limits) in the case of rape, fetal impairment and other criteria. In some it appears to be permitted in case of economic or social reasons (e.g. South Korea). There are also countries that permit a later abortion when the woman is outside a specific age range, e.g. under age 18 or over age 40.

Β 

In some countries, even when the abortion is not legal, it's never prosecuted.

Β 

It was reported in 2012 that about half of all abortions in Israel were performed in private clinics, i.e., without committee approval. Women who undergo such an abortion do not face criminal penalties, but physicians who perform them face a fine, or up to five years' imprisonment; however, there have been no known prosecutions of physicians for performing non-committee-approved abortions.

6 minutes ago, Letemtalk said:

Very misleading.

Β 

Australia - depends on state, but in most states, the limit is > 20 weeks and in some states can be approved after these time limits pass with agreement from two consulting doctors.
Singapore - 24 weeks
Vietnam - 24 weeks
Netherlands - 24 weeks
Iceland - 22 weeks

New Zealand - 20 weeks
Sweden - 18 weeks

Β 

In quite a lot of the countries with 12 or 14 week limits, there are extended limits (or no limits) in the case of rape, fetal impairment and other criteria. In some it appears to be permitted in case of economic or social reasons (e.g. South Korea). There are also countries that permit a later abortion when the woman is outside a specific age range, e.g. under age 18 or over age 40.

Β 

In some countries, even when the abortion is not legal, it's never prosecuted.

Β 

I think you'll find that the way right-wing capitalist menaces feel about China is going to also be how they feel about places like Vietnam.Β 

1 minute ago, Communion said:

I think you'll find that the way right-wing capitalist menaces feel about China is going to also be how they feel about places like Vietnam.Β 

Those right wing capitalist menaces have factories in Vietnam. They probably hate New Zealand more.

11 hours ago, Seiko Oomori said:

Β 

Please don’t invoke my name for stupid ****.
Β 

Pelosi was/is right. Abortion has faded as a dividing issue WITHIN the party… because… wait for it… almost every Democratic politician is now on board.Β 
Β 

This echoes what AOC just said yesterday at the abortion rally:

Frankly, we just elected the first pro-choice majority -- Democratic Party -- 3 years ago, to understand where we're at.

Did you just like read the headline and thought you did something?Β :bibliahh:

Β 

11 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It’s the intrusive ads and the fact that there aren’t that many smart people in this thread to begin with.Β 
Β 

My time and efforts are better spent engaging in real life with my local politics. Β Β 

3 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Please don’t invoke my name for stupid ****.

Speak of the devil and they shall appear, indeed.Β :gaycat1:

6 minutes ago, Kassi said:

in real life with my local politics. Β Β 

You can just say you like expensive Dallas (?) brunches with public policy gays who don't likeΒ  welfare spending, sis. Ain't no shame inΒ bottomless mimosas!Β :gaycat1:

Β 

The """"engaging"""" in """local politics"""" in question:

brunch.jpg

Β 

I hear at next Sunday's brunch, Brad's got the connect to have Chasten make an appearance.Β :gaycat1:

Edited by Communion

20 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

:ahh:Β 

Ah. Same old bullshit I see.Β 
Β 

You do know that this 20 second bit bookending a press conference announcing the passage of Gun Control legislation had NOTHING to do with abortion right?

Β 

Β 

This is why it’s useless to go back and forth in here. People will straight up make up scenarios to dunk on Democrats for sport. Facts be damned. :cm:

Well if there's a pro-choice majority, then get the ball rolling.

I could probably go back through this thread and attempt to clean up more of the **** being propagated, but frankly, if y’all wanna swim in sewage who am I stop you?Β :chick2:

4 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Ah. Same old bullshit I see.Β 
Β 

You do know that this 20 second bit bookending a press conference announcing the passage of Gun Control legislation had NOTHING to do with abortion right?

Β 

Β 

This is why it’s useless to go back and forth in here. People will straight up make up scenarios to dunk on Democrats for sport. Facts be damned. :cm:

Biden and Pelosi have been taking L after L and you’re still like this :ahh:Β 

Β 

Newsflash: Joe Biden has a lower approval rating than Trump at the equivalent point in his presidency. He’s about to get stomped massively in the midterm, and will have a bombardment of impeachments and investigations and β€œpresidential harassment” that nobody will flock to his side over because they’re too concerned about gas prices and inflation raging out of control. :gaycat6:Β 

6 minutes ago, Mean Trees said:

Well if there's a pro-choice majority, then get the ball rolling.

Try to keep up!

Β 

106946965-16324921292021-09-24t134928z_3

Β 

:chick2:

Β 

The way John Fetterman is going to be elected to Congress and progressives will been the sole reason why abortions rights are codified into law while centrist theory of change led us to a conservative SCOTUS in the first place.

Β 

Whew there has never been a better time to be a progressive.Β :gaycat2:

Β 

I wouldn't be shocked if some of the Lambites will have already been writing Log Cabin checks to Dr. Oz's Super PAC because they rather a Republican win over a non-partisan Democrat like the massively popular prog Fetterman.

Β 

Β 

The future of the Democratic party is left-wing populism!Β :bird:

Edited by Communion

23 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Try to keep up!

Β 

106946965-16324921292021-09-24t134928z_3

Β 

:chick2:

Β 

OMG! A bill introuduced last year that hasn't passed the pro-choice majority Senate?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.