2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

11 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I won't be surprised either if Biden goes back on his promise not to pardon Hunter, especially if he loses the election in November.

Might as wellπŸ˜‚

Β 

Not like much of the anything's gonna survive a second Trump term anyway.Β 

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Go to his site and read it

This is such an embarrassing post to make tbh. And the quick attempt at a walk back.Β :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

There is no policy page on his website, and there hasn't been one all year. It is entirely a donations solicitation page with zero other substanceΒ 

Β 

21 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

His site just asks for a donation and doesn't have a policy tab. :deadbanana2:

I wish I could laugh but its true. If you go on T*mps page he has outlined policy under the issues tab, Agenda47 tab which is his video speeches on what he'll do, and a mission statement. Three different tabs of policy/plans in varying detail. Meanwhile the user posting a budget press-release fact sheet (which are common releases might I add so it gets lost) from March which I read through in depth and it doesn't address my primary concerns this election nor even mention themΒ :deadbanana2:Β And the priorities tab on the White House page is from the 2020 election so it's wildly outdated and irrelevant.Β 

Β 

Β 

We are all on the same page that Trump must not win. But even the most ardent fans of Biden have to admit that the fact he hasn't set out his clear policy for next term in an accessible way is only harming his campaign and we should be allowed to be critical of his weak candidacy and campaignΒ :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Communion said:

This is such an embarrassing post to make tbh. And the quick attempt at a walk back.Β :deadbanana4:

I literally posted the agenda?

5 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

Β 

I wish I could laugh but its true. If you go on T*mps page he has outlined policy under the issues tab, Agenda47 tab which is his video speeches on what he'll do, and a mission statement. Three different tabs of policy/plans in varying detail. Meanwhile the user posting a budget press-release fact sheet (which are common releases might I add so it gets lost) from March which I read through in depth and it doesn't address my primary concerns this election nor even mention themΒ :deadbanana2:Β And the priorities tab on the White House page is from the 2020 election so it's wildly outdated and irrelevant.Β 

Β 

Β 

We are all on the same page that Trump must not win. But even the most ardent fans of Biden have to admit that the fact he hasn't set out his clear policy for next term in an accessible way is only harming his campaign and we should be allowed to be critical of his weak candidacy and campaignΒ :deadbanana4:

It details his plans directly? Do you or do you not want to know his plans?

47 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Β 

Stop it how? With what policy? Because he doesn't exactly have any sort of policy agenda. His whole thing is "I'm not Trump," and for you and the rest of Vote BlueMAGA No Matter Who, that might be enough. But… the election is a coin flip for a reason.

13 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/biden-to-announce-budget-plan-that-lays-out-his-vision-for-a-second-term

Β 

If you need a second source he even announces this is his vision for a second term πŸ’€ budgeted and all. It's not just random what he claims to do. And if it fails that's his plan. Even if it doesn't address YOUR concerns thats his focus. You did not even read this or attempt any research I'm sorry πŸ˜‚ truly brain rot

3 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

It details his plans directly? Do you or do you not want to know his plans?

It has absolutely nothing about abortion, Roe v. Wade, LGBTQ policy, trans healthcare, Codifying Obergefell, SCOTUS, judicial reform, what's going to happen to DACA, filibuster, gerrymandering, plan to end the genocide against Palestinians especially given Israel has rejected his already very vague plan that was just what Hamas was already pushing for (it only briefly says it'll give them more humanitarian aid from the budget but no policy), school choice/vouchers, the list goes on. Let's not lie nor be obstuse. I read it in detail.Β 

5 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/biden-to-announce-budget-plan-that-lays-out-his-vision-for-a-second-term

Β 

If you need a second source he even announces this is his vision for a second term πŸ’€ budgeted and all. It's not just random what he claims to do. And if it fails that's his plan. Even if it doesn't address YOUR concerns thats his focus. You did not even read this or attempt any research I'm sorry πŸ˜‚ truly brain rot

This also doesn't have any of the very important issues that voters care about which I highlighted in detail above and the other party has at least set a (very evil) plan for. I'm not really sure why you need to resort to lying and name calling when you're the one who didn't read but its very clear you're trolling, so you are now on muteΒ :coffee2:. Genuinely not trying to offend or be mean. I wish you the best.

Edited by bunnyeyes

4 minutes ago, bunnyeyes said:

It has absolutely nothing about abortion, Roe v. Wade, LGBTQ policy, trans healthcare, Codifying Obergefell, SCOTUS, judicial reform, what's going to happen to DACA, filibuster, gerrymandering, plan to end the genocide against Palestinians especially given Israel has rejected his already very vague plan that was just what Hamas was already pushing for (it only briefly says it'll give them more humanitarian aid from the budget but no policy), school choice/vouchers, the list goes on. Let's not lie nor be obstuse. I read it in detail.Β 

It's not my job to support or criticize his plan. You simply asked for it and it is laid out! And most of these policies you can find his stance elsewhere with your good friend Google/the White House page/state of the unions/etc. But you don't actually want to do that. You're just looking to try to make people look dumb online when you're just lazy

• Thumbs Down 1

This is what's wrong with with social media and the gop these days. Like the man is simply smiling and enjoying and taking in a performance but because he isnt jumping up and down "no one's home"Β 

Β 

The inability to accept that it is not good for the Biden campaign to not have a clear policy page/source when the opposing side does, the gaslighting, and acting as if a March press release is it when it doesn't discuss some of the most critical issues of the campaign. The average voter is unfortunately not going to dig all that up.Β  This is the most important election yet.Β 

Β 

@CommunionΒ @GraceRandolphΒ @ClashAndBurnΒ Which down ballot races are y'all keeping tabs on? And what are y'alls predictions for the Senate? I'm going to start getting involved in canvassing for some of the most important Congressional races soon.

Β 

I'm really hoping for some genuine policy change on the Gazan genocideΒ :monkey:.

Edited by bunnyeyes

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

This is what's wrong with with social media and the gop these days. Like the man is simply smiling and enjoying and taking in a performance but because he isnt jumping up and down "no one's home"Β 

Β 

Well, they probably expected this level of circus >>

Β 

trump-dance.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

538's forecast is finally here:
Β 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

Β 

biden: 53/100

trump: 47/100

Β 

:eek:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

They're weighing fundamentals of the economy and incumbency advantage of Biden way too highly. I think Trump has the edge here.Β 

46 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

You're just looking to try to make people look dumb online when you're just lazy

Nah sis, you have to take the L here, I fear! You thought you ate, bein sassy with that "go check his website" line... which you promptly had to walk back and find an alternative source when you realized the site is BARREN. :skull:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bunnyeyes said:

The inability to accept that it is not good for the Biden campaign to not have a clear policy page/source when the opposing side does, the gaslighting, and acting as if a March press release is it when it doesn't discuss some of the most critical issues of the campaign. The average voter is unfortunately not going to dig all that up.Β  Let's not give the troll any more attention, ladies. They're on my ignore list now.Β 

Β 

@CommunionΒ @GraceRandolphΒ @ClashAndBurnΒ Which down ballot races are y'all keeping tabs on? And what are y'alls predictions for the Senate? I'm going to start getting involved in canvassing for some of the most important Congressional races soon.

Β 

I'm really hoping for some genuine policy change on the Gazan genocideΒ :monkey:.

I'm not nor have I argued it is or is not good Biden has one. You asked for platform plans and I gave it lmaoooo

48 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Nah sis, you have to take the L here, I fear! You thought you ate, bein sassy with that "go check his website" line... which you promptly had to walk back and find an alternative source when you realized the site is BARREN. :skull:

Would you like to read the focus of his campaign fully budgeted out and all or are you just another troll not actually seeking information? Like you ask stupid questions, get someone to do the research and provide the info for you, then get mad πŸ˜‚ You can call me stupid if you want but it took me to research and provide the info for you that you all were unable to do somehow for yourselves. But I guess if the TikTok algorithm doesn't feed it to you, you have no skills to research and find information, which adds up to the intelligence level of many here. If that is taking an L then sure I'll take the L. But at least I knew how to find information easily and learn about it without asking ATRL πŸ’€

Edited by If U Seek Amy
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

They're weighing fundamentals of the economy and incumbency advantage of Biden way too highly. I think Trump has the edge here.Β 

As soon as it doesn't fit the personal narrative it's invalid 🀭🀭🀭

34 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

As soon as it doesn't fit the personal narrative it's invalid 🀭🀭🀭

It's not invalid, it's just wrong given that Trump has more paths to victory compared to Biden.Β 

2 hours ago, If U Seek Amy said:

It's not my job to support or criticize his plan. You simply asked for it and it is laid out! And most of these policies you can find his stance elsewhere with your good friend Google/the White House page/state of the unions/etc. But you don't actually want to do that. You're just looking to try to make people look dumb online when you're just lazy

Β 

1 hour ago, If U Seek Amy said:

I'm not nor have I argued it is or is not good Biden has one. You asked for platform plans and I gave it lmaoooo

Β 

1 hour ago, If U Seek Amy said:

Would you like to read the focus of his campaign fully budgeted out and all or are you just another troll not actually seeking information? Like you ask stupid questions, get someone to do the research and provide the info for you, then get mad πŸ˜‚ You can call me stupid if you want but it took me to research and provide the info for you that you all were unable to do somehow for yourselves. But I guess if the TikTok algorithm doesn't feed it to you, you have no skills to research and find information, which adds up to the intelligence level of many here. If that is taking an L then sure I'll take the L. But at least I knew how to find information easily and learn about it without asking ATRL πŸ’€

I'm honestly not trying to be mean but this is genuinely embarrassing.

Β 

Let alone.. you seemingly don't know what a fiscal year is. What you've linked to is already the signed-into-law budget that ends September 2025. It's outlining the fiscal budget from October 2024 to September 2025. Biden's first term end January 2025. What has already been budgeted now for the first 9 months of the 2025 isn't something "new" he'll actively "do" and push for in 2025?Β :deadbanana4:

Β 

You don't genuinely believe that the already-passed current fiscal budget is what people are asking for when wanting his policy platform for a 2nd term.

Β 

Even the DNC itself will have to put together a platform at the convention. Why deny that Biden is not trying to run on policy?Β 

Edited by Communion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.