2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

2 hours ago, slik said:

Β 

Β 

:ahh:

• Replies 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

If Republicans take the house then what will happen to the January 6th committee?

3 hours ago, Thuggin said:

Β 

Dems basically wanted to lose this seat so they got what they wanted I guess :rip:

The neolibs are currently blaming McLeod-Skinner and saying the voters were stupid for ousting Schrader :skull:

The Mike Pence interview drop the day before omg

22 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Not NY Dems spoiling the fun

Β 

Kind of hate them all.Β :giraffe:

Β 

Maloney is such a loser

4 hours ago, Mellark said:

Β 

Β 

It’s over for Miss Kari Baby:ahh:
Β 

Β 

:ahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

2 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

If Republicans take the house then what will happen to the January 6th committee?

They will get rid of it and replace it with the β€œHunter Biden committee” ?

Losing so many seats in NY was an epic failure. NY democrats are so incredibly incompetent

5 hours ago, SmittenCake said:

:ahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

Love me, love me, it's the way you love me
Touch me, touch me, it's the way you touch me
Arizona me, Arizona me, it's the way you Arizona me
the way you Katie Hobbs me baby you got me goin' crazy
You got me goin' crazy, you got me goin' crazy (ah!)

Katie-4.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

It feels weird thatΒ democrats are outperforming pollsΒ :deadbanana2:Β I've gotten so used to the right outperforming polling constantly, and not just in the US.

I thought Ms Petty Kari Lake had it, but now her path is nearly gone. A huge loss for Trump let's face it

58 minutes ago, Harrier said:

It feels weird thatΒ democrats are outperforming pollsΒ :deadbanana2:Β I've gotten so used to the right outperforming polling constantly, and not just in the US.

I thought Ms Petty Kari Lake had it, but now her path is nearly gone. A huge loss for Trump let's face it

Well when you do NOTHING for people during a pandemic and then take their rights away on top of that I think less people will vote for you. :deadbanana2:Β 

Mike Pence is such a coward. He should of invoked the 25th amendment the second it became clear Trump was going to do nothing about Jan 6th. Β 
Β 

Now, two years later, he is selling a book and trying to prop up his flop 2024 presidential campaign and act like he is some kind of American hero for breaking up with a man he stood behind for 4 corrupt years. Give me a breakΒ :bam:

curious to see what happens with this guy since a lot of people are checking for him now ?

59 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

curious to see what happens with this guy since a lot of people are checking for him now ?

Β 

He's lowkey beefin with Dave:rip:Β He made a thread of how he still thinks 218 is possibleΒ 

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

He just goes with his feeling/what he feels will happen. He doesn’t provide any mathematical/quantitative explanations behind his predictions bc he’s just guessing what’s gonna happen and hope he is right which worked in the beginning but u can only have so many correct guesses

Β 

tldr he’s not reliable AT ALL

1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Mike Pence is such a coward. He should of invoked the 25th amendment the second it became clear Trump was going to do nothing about Jan 6th. Β 
Β 

Now, two years later, he is selling a book and trying to prop up his flop 2024 presidential campaign and act like he is some kind of American hero for breaking up with a man he stood behind for 4 corrupt years. Give me a breakΒ :bam:

That's what they all do. The sad part is, some people actually fall for it.

8 hours ago, GhostBox said:

They will get rid of it and replace it with the β€œHunter Biden committee” ?

If they only have a 1-2 seat majority, I doubt you're going to see much of anything. Some of the people who won Biden NY districts probably won't be willing to vote for stuff like that knowing very well their seat will be in danger in 2024.Β 

Β 

Then again, republicans always fall in line so we'll see.Β ?

I feel like if the Boehner and Ryan Houses were disorganized when they had clear mandates and a unified vision (i.e.. hurt Obama, support Trump), then it’s going to be an absolute **** show with just a 1-2 seat majority AND a fractured party. The DeSantis wing, competing with the Trump wing, competing with the traditional Republican wing etcΒ 

Β 

It’s going to make Boehner begging Pelosi for votes on the 2008 stimulus look good in comparison. Cause whoever is minority leader for Dems will have A LOT of power. This might actually be the time for Dem House leadership to transition since the upside well outweighs the downside. If nothing passes Republicans get all the blame and in the meantime, the new Dem leader can work on their approach to whipping votes.

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

Β 

He's lowkey beefin with Dave:rip:Β He made a thread of how he still thinks 218 is possibleΒ 

I want him to be right sooo bad. One cause I want Dems in power, duh. But also tired of these white men who run polls lying to us. Frank Lutz, Nate Silver, Tom Bevan, Dave Wasserman… I fear they’re all low key conservative.Β :emofish:

The only upside to NY Dems flopping is that such is undeniably due to moderates and to deny such is crazy and the moderate figureheads are already seeing demands for their resignations.Β :siptea:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Is the student loan relief now blocked by not 1 but 2 different court orders :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.