• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Genuinely it doesn't matter that they're claiming to support filibuster reform now, since the Senate is cooked for the rest of the decade. Thats why they can comfortably say these things. So they can go "well we would be willing to do all these progressive things for you, but you all didn't even vote hard enough to give us 50 senators!"

And there's always going to be a rotating villain. Now that Manchin is stepping aside and Sinema has been shown the door, it's someone else's turn. If it wasn't Jack Reed, it would have been Bob Casey, Jeanne Shaheen, Maggie Hassan, or Elissa Slotkin.

• Thanks 1

So she has a fundraiser today, a rally tomorrow, then the next scheduled event is Wednesday and then Friday. I'm gonna need them to step up their campaigning. It's been slacking a  little lately. 

• Like 3

Dems are losing the Senate this year so the filibuster talk doesn't even matter :gaycat6:  Hopefully Thom Tillis and Susan Collins retire in 2026.

Can you imagine how screwed we'd be if Republicans put up decent candidates in places like Arizona, Georgia, and Michigan? They'd probably have 60 Senate votes in a couple of cycles.

Can they carve out the filibuster only for certain issues like abortion rights and other things and leave it for the rest of legislation? 

14 minutes ago, woohoo said:

Can they carve out the filibuster only for certain issues like abortion rights and other things and leave it for the rest of legislation? 

They could. That was already done for judicial appointments and a couple of other things I believe. But doing it for something like abortion would definitely open the floodgates. I don't think Rs would use it to ban abortion when they took power in the senate but we could see right to work nationwide and **** like that

• Like 2

The Georgia ad is just meaningless team sporting to me, but yeah, it makes Trump look weak

41 minutes ago, woohoo said:

All this does is add additional administrative delays to what Republicans would do anyway.

Carve-outs already exist to the filibuster. Budget reconciliation is itself a carve-out to pass budget-related legislation once-a-year by a simple majority.

Senate rules only require a 51-seat majority vote to make changes to procedural rules like the filibuster. Dems did this for judgeships except for the SCOTUS and then Republicans four years later just... added SCOTUS to the filibuster carve out anyway!

if the idea is that doing away with the filibuster would lead to Republicans getting everything they want *gestures around* well.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, VOSS said:

They could. That was already done for judicial appointments and a couple of other things I believe. But doing it for something like abortion would definitely open the floodgates. I don't think Rs would use it to ban abortion when they took power in the senate but we could see right to work nationwide and **** like that

Yes, they would. IDK how many times the GOP has to show us who they are before we finally start taking them seriously. :jonny: 

15 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The Georgia ad is just meaningless team sporting to me, but yeah, it makes Trump look weak

Yea, when you have the money, hit the little man where it hurts most lol.

25 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

he can't get over it 💀

He hates being a loser....and he's too dumb to realize that he always looks like a loser 

• Like 1

expecting these to be bad for Harris considering Atlas Intel had Trump up nationally

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

expecting these to be bad for Harris considering Atlas Intel had Trump up nationally

The next few weeks are going to be hell poll wise as we experience an influx of R-leaning pollsters attempt to flood the zone. I advise people to check in on what polls they're looking at and react accordingly. As we've seen with Rasmussen, they're all getting marching orders from the Trump campaign to boost him just to make him feel better about himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sannie said:

The next few weeks are going to be hell poll wise as we experience an influx of R-leaning pollsters attempt to flood the zone. I advise people to check in on what polls they're looking at and react accordingly. As we've seen with Rasmussen, they're all getting marching orders from the Trump campaign to boost him just to make him feel better about himself.

Isn't this good for us?  Like we want the polls to favor Trump and make the democrats feel like they need to work harder.  

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

Isn't this good for us?  Like we want the polls to favor Trump and make the democrats feel like they need to work harder.  

I mean, I guess it depends on how you look at it. This could invigorate Dems, but it could also make them feel like there's no point in voting. It's a coin flip.

I personally was talking about it being hell in this thread. :jonny: I pray for @Relampago. her mental health once these R-leaning pollsters start flooding the zone.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Atlas is an A+ rated pollster…..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.