2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

6 minutes ago, spree said:

I bet you 75% of the population can't even locate Palestine on a map, including me.ย  There is no way it decides this election.ย  I'm also keeping optimistic.ย  You see the margins tightening in Texas and Florida, and that's a super good sign for national margins.

dd i don't have time to explain it, but it IS a VERY salient issue for an important group of voters in an important state. With that margins being as they are, every defection matters.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Which Republican pollster is going to rush out blue wall polls after Quinnipiac coming in strong for Kamala?ย 

• Haha 3

Nate Silver will probably increase Trump's chances of winning after those Qpac polls. Waiting for Bumfuckpolling to find Trump +7 in PA and be weighted more in his model

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

16 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Which Republican pollster is going to rush out blue wall polls after Quinnipiac coming in strong for Kamala?ย 

Rasmussen furiously dialing up rural PA to eek out a +2 Trump poll as we speak

• Haha 4

Did someone say Blorida, @Relampago.

ย 

my delusional ass is hereย 

ย 

ย 

i'm still confused how abortion and marijuana will pass with over 60% but we remain red smhย 

• Haha 5

Trump is doing a rally in the big swing state of New York tonight :rip:ย  No way he think he's going to win NY.ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, dabunique said:

Did someone say Blorida, @Relampago.

ย 

my delusional ass is hereย 

ย 

ย 

i'm still confused how abortion and marijuana will pass with over 60% but we remain red smhย 

To be honest, and this is based in nothing but conjecture, I feel like Florida is the epitome of a Trump or Bust state and we'll see it become more of a swing state once he's gone.ย 

ย 

Especially with DeSantis's corruption around the abortion voters being targeted, I can see Republicans eventually losing momentum there once Trumpmania ends. Not saying it'll be a full swing state, but perhaps more of a tilt Republican than lean Republican.ย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blade said:

ย 

Oh boy, after the last NYT poll I'm not ready :dies:ย 

5 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

To be honest, and this is based in nothing but conjecture, I feel like Florida is the epitome of a Trump or Bust state and we'll see it become more of a swing state once he's gone.ย 

ย 

Especially with DeSantis's corruption around the abortion voters being targeted, I can see Republicans eventually losing momentum there once Trumpmania ends. Not saying it'll be a full swing state, but perhaps more of a tilt Republican than lean Republican.ย 

You're correct in your assessment as a Floridianย 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lil Mistee said:

Well, he supported public transport with an infrastructure bill, codified gay and same sex marriage, supported free lunch extensions, capped the price of insulin, etc etc

ย 

We can list things he's done all day long. My point being he did more progressive things that I PERSONALLY ever thought he'd do.ย 
ย 

Y'all want some super far left aoc type and y'all ain't gonna get that anytime soon. It's a growing fight! And on that point might I add that Biden sat with Bernie Sanders multiple times for days to set up progressive policiesโ€ฆ Sanders has said as muchโ€ฆ

Those are all standard liberal and center-right positions, and even the gay marriage codification was criticized at the time for being a non binding thing in all actuality. Biden had very little to do with getting any bills passed (due to him being the most unpopular sitting president of all time rendering his own direct participation in these processes as extremely toxic and prohibitive of them actually passing), and if anything, credit for these should go to Nancy Pelosi instead.

ย 

Noted that you ignored the bit about Kamala actually running on Republican immigration plans instead of DACA after claiming she was no further right than Obama though! :sistrens:

• Like 1

we are constantly being bombarded with fake ads about abortion and marijuana

ย 

"you're not voting for legalization of weed, you are voting for a monopoly"

"you can't grow weed at home"

ย 

if da state was so scared of monopolies then why have they held up over 20 licenses to open up dispensaries

ย 

yo i jus wanna be able to buy safe weed legally and if da taxes off of it can help schools and communities then even betterย 

ย 

and da scare tactics over abortionย 

ย 

no one is allowing abortions after da baby was born ... i'm like gurl how stupid can u be smhย 

ย 

and of course sending police to verify signatures dat each county has already confirmed smhย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, shelven said:

These polls will start some discourse because of Wisconsin being so much lower than the others, but everyone seems to forget that Wisconsin was also the closest of the 3 Rust Belt states in 2020. Putting the polling averages aside, it's pretty easy to imagine the order of the Rust Belt states from best for Harris to worst for Harris ending up being Pennsylvania (no major issues for Harris there) > Michigan (slightly hurt by her Israel stance but not enough to cost her the state) > Wisconsin (the swingiest and closest state in 2020).ย 

I was just thinking this. This new poll falls much more in line with what just makes sense logically. WI being ahead of both MI and PA always seemed odd to me, but whatever. I'm happy to finally see something that isn't confusing. I think Walz will help push Harris over the line in WI when it's all said and done.

ย 

Kamala is beginning to set a new standard for herself +3 to +5 nationally and statewide.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 4

Also Miss Voldemort needs to go

ย 

u went pounding ur chest how u would save IVF and voted against it

ย 

no ma'am ... we need to send this criminal back home to Floridaย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50bp rate cut! More good news :celestial5:

• Like 3

Come on, fellow whites. Let's get this party started.ย 

ย 

• Like 3

:deadbanana2:

ย 

Did anyone see the video a couple weeks ago? It was some Black girl in casts saying Kamala hit her but it was giving russian propaganda from the start

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Blade said:

ย 

Did anyone see the video a couple weeks ago? It was some Black girl in casts saying Kamala hit her but it was giving russian propaganda from the start

It was even an AI video. :jonny:ย The Russians didn't even try bc the photos and website used in the video came from easily identifiable Googled resources. :rip:ย 

Edited by Sannie

ย 

4 minutes ago, Sannie said:

It was even an AI video. :jonny:ย The Russians didn't even try bc the photos and website used in the video came from easily identifiable Googled resources. :rip:ย 

The article says paid actor it didnt look AI'd unless you mean the headlines/graphics part of it to make it look like a news channel.

9 minutes ago, Blade said:

ย 

Yes :rip:ย It was giving high school journalism projectย 

I still can't get over at Trump's townhall last night in Michigan someone asked him what the biggest threat to manufacturing auto jobs are and that idiot said nuclear weapons :deadbanana:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nadiamendell said:

ย 

ย 

:rip:

Teamsters can eff off either way. They have squandered so much good will it's crazyย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.