2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

13 minutes ago, Azulito said:

Too late to find a replacement that can beat Trump. The only realistic option imo is Kamala but she's not polling that much better vs Biden, and that's before she's the actual candidate. There's no guarantee her polling will improve once she starts running on an actual platform and has more attention on her.

None of the other options (Whitmer/Newsom/etc) have the name recognition or money to win at this point... and that's literally because of Biden/the DNC refusing to hold a primary. We would not be here if Biden had just put his ego aside months ago :rip:

A couple threads to pick at:

1) I think we need to keep the perspective that Trump is also a very bad candidate that is polling very poorly.  Many people can beat so long as they are politically savvy and understand this country. 

2) talking about the non Kamila candidates, we still have MONTHS before the election.  With the full backing of the Democratic Party behind them and the DNC war chest, without a doubt people would know them by the election.  
    (A) I really really want to underscore this point.  Because they are a little lesser known, the Republicans have not spent the last 4 years coming up with an attack narrative (like they did for Hilary with Benghazi and emails or Biden's age concerns).  The candidates themselves would be able to define their candidacy and come from a position of strength.  
    (B)  I think it is also important to underscore for Whitmer specifically, that while she might not be known nationally,  she is Very well known in Michigan and nearby states.  Considering how vital MI, WI, and PA are I find it hard to believe your argument that she is less capable of winning those states than Biden. 

3) talking about Kamala, she is not perfect, but she certainly can stand for 90 minutes in a debate.  I just don't understand the idea of keeping Joe who is at this point going to continue having these "episodes" rather than someone who can actually at least try to win this election. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 25.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Biden needs MI, WI, and PA, even by miniscule margins. Any of the three is lost and I'll be done tracking that night because it'll be over imho.

Yup if he loses any of those 3 on election night. We all can Just go to bed because it's over 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Ok, where's the guarantees that Kamala with someone else have at least a slightly chance to beat Trump, we can't rely only on polls and take it like granted :giraffe:

Biden is 100% LOCKED to LOSE in November. He's underwater in all the swing states + Trump's pulled ahead in states like Virginia and New Hampshire because of that dismal debate performance that confirmed his biggest weakness is even more dire than previously thought. With Kamala on top of the ticket, it could go either way. I would rather take a chance than stay on course for a guaranteed loss. 

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

again I hate being the only one grounded in reality here but 🤷 someone has to do it. 

Well ladies, gays, and theys, we have approximately four months until Christofascists take away our remaining rights. And the side that's supposed to stop it is apparently just going to let that happen. Be sure to kick as many things off your bucket list as you can between now and November. Tell your loved ones you love them. Enjoy your life while you still have a modicum of freedom :heart:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Yup if he loses any of those 3 on election night. We all can Just go to bed because it's over 

Repeat of 2016. I forget which one went first. Was it MI that was called first of the 3? Whichever one, I remember literally going to bed once the first was called.

If Biden stays in and Dems lose they're not going be able to fundraise because their credibility will be shot. ☠️

9 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Biden is 100% LOCKED to LOSE in November. He's underwater in all the swing states + Trump's pulled ahead in states like Virginia and New Hampshire because of that dismal debate performance that confirmed his biggest weakness is even more dire than previously thought. With Kamala on top of the ticket, it could go either way. I would rather take a chance than stay on course for a guaranteed loss. 

Well ladies, gays, and theys, we have approximately four months until Christofascists take away our remaining rights. And the side that's supposed to stop it is apparently just going to let that happen. Be sure to kick as many things off your bucket list as you can between now and November. Tell your loved ones you love them. Enjoy your life while you still have a modicum of freedom :heart:

God, is Biden on Trump's payroll?  Why is he so determined to **** us all over? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, byzantium said:

God, is Biden on Trump's payroll?  Why is he so determined to **** us all over? 

Arrogance, stubbornness, and a god-complex. Same thing with RBG. I live in a solid red state with Repubs running unopposed in my local downballot races, so I've already accepted being powerless. So I'm just going to try to savor what little time is left having freedoms. But this could still be winnable (and we as a country could sidestep a catastrophe) if Biden would just GET OUT OF THE ******* WAY 

Edited by Aston Martin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Arrogance, stubbornness, and a god-complex. Same thing with RBG. I live in a solid red state with Repubs running unopposed in my local downballot races, so I've already accepted being powerless. So I'm just going to try what little time there is left. But this could still be winnable (and we as a country could sidestep a catastrophe) if Biden would just get OUT OF THE ******* WAY 

WI is a very purple state and I am not ready to concede it to the fascists.  I cannot tell you how many people I talk to who say something like, "I don't like trump, I think he is wrong, but I also don't think Biden is physically capable of being president. He is not someone I trust in the 11th hour to be our leader".  But I cannot tell them they are wrong.  

In 2020 Democrats told us we needed to do everything we can to defeat Trump.  
In 2024 Democrats are telling us we need to do everything in our power to keep Biden on the ballot, even if it means giving Trump the presidency. 

Edited by byzantium
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"I'm the only one who's grounded in reality."

"Joe Biden is gonna win 270-268"

Pick one, because Joe Biden losing in a landslide seems like the most realistic outcome as of now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

At least RFK might lose votes now due to the sex assault and dog eating allegations. :tornado:

33 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Arrogance, stubbornness, and a god-complex. Same thing with RBG. I live in a solid red state with Repubs running unopposed in my local downballot races, so I've already accepted being powerless. So I'm just going to try to savor what little time is left having freedoms. But this could still be winnable (and we as a country could sidestep a catastrophe) if Biden would just GET OUT OF THE ******* WAY 

Do you actually believe in all of this :giraffe: Dude is surrounded by hundred of advisors, analytics, plus campaign staff and management... if they keep him in this race it's only means that Kamala is even weaker option with no chance to pull a victory :gaycat2: I can't stand Kamala but either way - I will vote for her, just not to give Trump my vote staying home or choosing third party. Same with Biden, if dude stays, you have two option - vote for him and at least keep everything as it is now or not vote and give Trump his second term with incoming chaos. It's basically a dead end with consequences. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Dude is surrounded by hundred of advisors, analytics, plus campaign staff and management... 

We've had multiple reports in the last week that Biden hasn't been listening to anyone except an extremely small pool of people, part of which make up his wife and son

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

if they keep him in this race it's only means that Kamala is even weaker option with no chance to pull a victory

No, it just means that the obstacle to get over would be Biden's own ego. Her electability, or lack thereof, is irrelevant 

At this point, the calculation shouldn't be keeping Trump out of office because that seems inevitable now. The goal should be to stop the downballot bleeding as much as possible, and Joe Biden is POISON to the downballot in a way that even an unknown candidate like Wes Moore or Gina Raimundo wouldn't be.

First call from the left for Biden to drop put? Summer Lee's statement reaf more like defending Kamala (over someone else being picked) than calling on Biden to drop out. 

Edited by Communion

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

We've had multiple reports in the last week that Biden hasn't been listening to anyone except an extremely small pool of people, part of which make up his wife and son

I mean, let's be realistic here, those reports is worth nothing, especially when it coming from media that keep brainwashing ppl into Trump victory. Same way like they brainwashed Hillary into believing that she has everything in a bag :gaycat2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.