[Day 769] Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Espresso
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

How to Support Ukraine:

The National Bank of Ukraine has decided to open a special fundraising account to support the Armed Forces of Ukraine:

Official special account: 

UA843000010000000047330992708

The account is multi-currency, it is created and opened both for the transfer of funds from international partners and donors - in foreign currency (US dollars, euros, British pounds), and from Ukrainian businesses and citizens - in national currency.

For USD remittances:
BENEFICIARY: National Bank of Ukraine
BENEFICIARY BIC: NBUA UA UX
BENEFICIARY ADDRESS: 9 Instytutska St, Kyiv, 01601, Ukraine
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 400807238
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, New York
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASUS33
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017, USA
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: for crediting account 47330992708

For EUR remittances:
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 5040040066
IBAN DE05504000005040040066 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: DEUTSCHE  BUNDESBANK, Frankfurt
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: MARKDEFF
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: Wilhelm-Epstein-Straße 14, 60431 Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

For GBP remittances:

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 40000982
IBAN GB52CHAS60924280033041
Sort code 60-92-42 
BENEFICIARY BANK NAME: JP MORGAN CHASE BANK NA, London
BENEFICIARY BANK BIC: CHASGB2L
BENEFICIARY BANK ADDRESS: 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AJ, UK

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• Genius1111

• ZIVERT

• katykater

14 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Is there even proof of Russia's so-called nuclear capabilities? They're out here trying to invade Ukraine with Soviet-era equipment, yet we're supposed to believe they have 21-century, advanced nuclear technology? Hmmmm.

There's a lot out there on this - a lot to unpack and I'm not an expert.

Interesting thread.

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

There's a lot out there on this - a lot to unpack and I'm not an expert.

Interesting thread.

Ah, thank you! I just feel like the US' timid response to Putin's veiled threats make it seem like they're not worried because, maybe, they have intel that Russia doesn't have the capability to do what Putin is trying to claim it can do.

Dropping a nuke would completely eradicate the entire Russian narrative that they're just "trying to help Ukrainians". I feel like it would erase any of the support Putin still has within his country. It doesn't make sense in any way other than from a desperate man who doesn't want to back down.

4 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

Ah, thank you! I just feel like the US' timid response to Putin's veiled threats make it seem like they're not worried because, maybe, they have intel that Russia doesn't have the capability to do what Putin is trying to claim it can do.

Dropping a nuke would completely eradicate the entire Russian narrative that they're just "trying to help Ukrainians". I feel like it would erase any of the support Putin still has within his country. It doesn't make sense in any way other than from a desperate man who doesn't want to back down.

I think it’s important to note that the discourse about the “special military operation” has shifted in Russia. It’s no longer about “liberating” Ukrainians (not that it ever was). After Russia started to face heavy defeats, they changed tune to an “existential threat” to Russia (“we aren’t fighting Ukraine, we’re fighting gay satanists in NATO!!!”) to try and justify the lack of progress. Despite the fact NATO hasn’t even entered the war officially, this narrative plays into the simultaneous “we’re the strongest/we’re the victim” mentality that Putin has cultivated. Somehow their invasion has turned into a “defensive war,” and they’re the victims in all this :toofunny2: 

That being said, I don’t think Putin is willing to (or even has the power to) drop a nuke in Ukraine. He would immediately lose all support he has with the few allies Russia has left, and it would open up the opportunity for an actual NATO intervention.

1 minute ago, ZIVERT said:

I think it’s important to note that the discourse about the “special military operation” has shifted in Russia. It’s no longer about “liberating” Ukrainians (not that it ever was). After Russia started to face heavy defeats, they changed tune to an “existential threat” to Russia (“we aren’t fighting Ukraine, we’re fighting gay satanists in NATO!!!”) to try and justify the lack of progress. Despite the fact NATO hasn’t even entered the war officially, this narrative plays into the simultaneous “we’re the strongest/we’re the victim” mentality that Putin has cultivated. Somehow their invasion has turned into a “defensive war,” and they’re the victims in all this :toofunny2: 

That being said, I don’t think Putin is willing to (or even has the power to) drop a nuke in Ukraine. He would immediately lose all support he has with the few allies Russia has left, and it would open up the opportunity for an actual NATO intervention.

Ah, that makes sense. 

I agree with you. An egomaniac like Putin isn't going to risk losing the little support he does have. I think dropping a nuke would not only diminish the support he has from the citizens, but also the support he has from within. Dictators are only dictators for however long the people around him accept them as the dictator. 

Definitely recommend reading all three threads above on this.

This is getting a lot of pickup from Twitter blue-check pundits covering this war. 

Well I think Putin is emboldening all the dictators to take a chance, hence why north korea is testing missiles , truly worried about another WW

The Daily Mail are now reporting that Ukraine have managed to push Russia back by at least 12 miles in southern Kherson in recent days.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.