Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

the universe shifted when this happened

2 minutes ago, SickLove said:

IFPI is an organisation for global music industries which releases yearly reports detailing what were the most popular song/albums/etc.  across different formats every year globally. What this means is that now any information KMCA has from the year (sales, streams, etc.) will now be reported to IFPI. 

Examples of some of these charts:

WnoqxI0.png28wKw8V.png

Oooooh okay, I see. thanks!

IFPI is only just now starting to count Korea? :deadbanana: I thought they always did and that’s why Seventeen made the list?

1 minute ago, Cheers said:

IFPI is only just now starting to count Korea? :deadbanana: I thought they always did and that’s why Seventeen made the list?

they didn't count sales and streams by Koreans before, only global ones i guess

and now they can count all

5 minutes ago, SickLove said:

IFPI is an organisation for global music industries which releases yearly reports detailing what were the most popular song/albums/etc.  across different formats every year globally. What this means is that now any information KMCA has from the year (sales, streams, etc.) will now be reported to IFPI. 

Examples of some of these charts:

WnoqxI0.png28wKw8V.png

The album sales chart for this year will definitely be full of kpop groups. 

1 minute ago, Mel. said:

Hope to see BP on it this year

the album was already at #5 on their 2020 chart 

3 minutes ago, Cheers said:

HYBE and YG reports their artists sales numbers to IFPI. 

SM doesn't, and that's why NCT although have sold millions have never been on it. 

But with this, i expect to see skz, txt, epipen and aespa on this year's album sales chart list.

I wonder what BPs futur will be. They are still growing so YG could still be profiting from them renewing, but on the other hand all the girls have pretty big names themselves even outside of Korea, which they could be growing from.

I could see Jisus signing with an acting company.

Rosé signing with a western lable and maybe YG for Korea only (really depending on if she wants to keep her stage name and what image she will follow after).

Jennie could resign as a solo artist or sign with a smaller company for a better contract and more control. Plus she's big enough in Korea to carry herself even just as a socialite or some sort of Kim Kardashian/Kylie Jenner route.

Lisa could sign with a Thai agency plus some agency for internartional purposes.

Do we know when their contracts are gonna end? Next year or sth right?

My Christmas in July song :heart:

The way IFPI's Top 10 Global Album Sales this year is going to be filled with Kpop albums

The domination is here i fear

ln0599e.gif

I hope yll not talking about the fake leak of girls, the tribe b one.

the dance break leak 

Edited by gugunikko

12 minutes ago, Hazy said:

the album was already at #5 on their 2020 chart 

ohhhhhh it was that list

i remember it now, I didn’t know the name

leta go for #1 this year!

8 minutes ago, paddii_ said:

I wonder what BPs futur will be. They are still growing so YG could still be profiting from them renewing, but on the other hand all the girls have pretty big names themselves even outside of Korea, which they could be growing from.

I could see Jisus signing with an acting company.

Rosé signing with a western lable and maybe YG for Korea only (really depending on if she wants to keep her stage name and what image she will follow after).

Jennie could resign as a solo artist or sign with a smaller company for a better contract and more control. Plus she's big enough in Korea to carry herself even just as a socialite or some sort of Kim Kardashian/Kylie Jenner route.

Lisa could sign with a Thai agency plus some agency for internartional purposes.

Do we know when their contracts are gonna end? Next year or sth right?

their contracts are up next year

but I see all 4 renewing…idky people think they won’t

The IFPI albums chart gonna be topped by kpop albums just as the Kpop base is soon gonna pass the Gaga base on ATRL for most replied thread (already most viewed)

Can't wait for Girls tomorrow so the entire top 4 biggest days on here will be due to aespa :clap3:

Aespa girlies are gonna SERVE!!! 

Lately i have been listeting to Life's too short a lot, it is actually a refreshing song, i can imagine the performance in their concerts.

i lvoe how heavy it sounds

aespa it's a their best when they are on their industrial ****

bHQNDkd.gif

do koreans actually buy a lot of albums? i thought most album sales came from WW

7 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

do koreans actually buy a lot of albums? i thought most album sales came from WW

I think that most sales are reflected on Circle (:toofunny3:) chart, since most companies don’t have distribution deals, so all of the albums are made in SK and sold via SK retailers

numbers may vary for the groups with ww distribution deals (BTS, BP, aespa, JYP groups?), not all albums are printed in SK then, I think, and those aren’t included in Gaon chart 

Edited by Hazy

8 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

Depends on artists. We never know the exact numbers. But then you have trot singers like Lim Young Woong scanning a million of sales