Taylor Swift

Achilles.

I also pretty much always play an album from start to finish, I’m sorry but I will basically never play an album on shuffle :rip: 

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the album is more GP and stadium-friendly with individual songs big groups of people can sing along to, and I think it will be. As a Red stan who always wanted her to explore indie singer-songwriter sounds, I’m more than content with what she did with Folkmore and Red TV. As iconic as it all has been, I do want at least one more era with big hits everybody knows and can easily identify when they come on and can be referenced and parodied, like You Belong With Me and Blank Space. My mom casually likes Taylor but I don’t think she’d be able to discern a post-1989 song by her (besides Lover which I put on her playlist nn) because she doesn’t pay close attention, there’s a lot of people in that camp.

Edited by Beyonnaise

32 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks these are songs she wrote over the last year and a half or so as she was revisiting her old catalogue. I don’t wanna believe she’s giving us songs she wrote 7 years ago that don’t really matter in the scheme of her life now. But I guess we’ll have fun figuring that out once we start hearing the songs!

This is what I thought too and was confused when people kept saying these are essentially vault tracks.

She said “songs about 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life” - you can write about a night from 8 years ago today.

The average song length for the album is 3:22. I’m sure she’ll have songs over 4 minutes and probably one or two over 5. That means the other songs will have an average length that’s shorter. Pop matches that length imo

46 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks these are songs she wrote over the last year and a half or so as she was revisiting her old catalogue. I don’t wanna believe she’s giving us songs she wrote 7 years ago that don’t really matter in the scheme of her life now. But I guess we’ll have fun figuring that out once we start hearing the songs!

yes! it would be really fun! let's wait and see... 

but still i hope it's old songs. her current life doesn't interest me anymore. she's happy. she's settled with joe. her mum seems to be doing ok. no more fights with celebrities. now that she's revisiting her career, it's the moment to release everything she has ever written that can be golden. sure, i wouldn't mind if she rewrites some of them, but i really really hope it's older songs, i think she won't be able to do that ever again, so now it's the perfect timing.

Edited by GabeInPolaroids

What I personally hope for is songs that she wrote currently about her past in a more retrospective way. How she felt and what she learned from these experiences, how it shaped who she is today, how she still feels about that to this day etc...

I don't really like the idea of her releasing old songs when we already have the re-recordings and the vault tracks.

I am not looking forward to 4 weeks from now, when she still hasn’t emerged from her cave since the VMA’s and everyone is whining about how she’s wasting her hype and the era is going to flop :rip:

Only for her to then shatter expectations a few weeks later with a successful lead single 2 weeks before the album release :gaycat: 

this was a good read for me, regarding the lenght of a lp. you can hold more than 22 minutes per side, but the quality is compromised, and i don't think taylor would do that.

it's so weird to think about how we went from long records to a "small one", but i think it will be great. 1989 was almost the same lenght and it's perfect. i just hope we don't have tracks like INTHAF that was a clearly tikt-tok/flood-lenght kind of track.

https://www.quora.com/If-vinyl-records-can-only-fit-around-22-minutes-per-side-at-33rpm-how-did-people-manage-to-fit-songs-longer-than-that-on-one-side

Mixtape debuted on Metacritic after 16 years with a 67 score :dies:

It brings down her average score but at least reputa isn't her most panned album anymore :coffee2:

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

No Antonoff? What's their source?

I don’t think there is an official source for any of the producers on the album yet. I will note that Antonoff, Dessner, Martin, etc. her usual collaborators haven’t liked her tweet or IG post if I recall correctly. 

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

No Antonoff? What's their source?

If he isn’t there than no Lana or Lorde.

32 minutes ago, Encanto said:

Mixtape debuted on Metacritic after 16 years with a 67 score :dies:

It brings down her average score but at least reputa isn't her most panned album anymore :coffee2:

Is 67 still green on MC? I would hate for her page to have ONE yellow album now :biblio: 

7 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Is 67 still green on MC? I would hate for her page to have ONE yellow album now :biblio: 

Still green but it ruined her streak :chick3:

I wish she would speak a little bit more about the album. The message she posted with it is confusing. I don’t believe she would just take old songs and put them into a new album but it certainly read that way. I assume it will be current writing but retrospective views of her life. But again so many questions and the description only gave birth to more

I discovered this masterpiece recently and I can't get over it

and now she's about to give us an entire album using that concept (kind of)

if the sound is anything close to this, it's over for me :gaycat6:

Just now, Shoful said:

I wish she would speak a little bit more about the album. The message she posted with it is confusing. I don’t believe she would just take old songs and put them into a new album but it certainly read that way. I assume it will be current writing but retrospective views of her life. But again so many questions and the description only gave birth to more

Hopefully she does what she did for evermore w/ Zane Low or folklore with LPSS and spends an hour in an interview talking about her songwriting process 

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

It was a little tabloid-y in general but she gave the “Why She Disappeared” exclusive in the leadup to Reputation (literally the name of a poem Taylor wrote in the Rep magazines) to Us Weekly of all outlets 

WHAT? i always thought taylor wrote the poem because of that headline, but it was the other way around???????

i always thought that was just a cheap articule by a cheap magazine, oh godddd

no way, we're heading to a fake news era oh goddddddddd that's worse than the crazy theories.

first the debacle of the cover not being final, now that generated AI cover and the fake Jack post. OH MY GOD PLEASE GUYS, have some senseeeeeeeee

38 minutes ago, Aiya said:

is this real too? with all those AI i can’t tell anymore 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.