Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Taylor should be the last person to choose the lead single.

If I were on her team, I'd have her upload 10-15 secs of each track (interesting parts) from Midnights on Tik Tok and release whatever goes viral first as the lead single. If there are multiple tracks making waves, then get her to release one as a promo single every week leading up to the album release. Gurl, imagine the hype and the number of pre-orders shooting up.

If you think it'd be a risky move to tease the whole album this far ahead, just remember Lil Nas X whored Montero around on Tik Tok for like 8 months before releasing it and Nicki was spamming her recent smash hit for a couple of weeks too.

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone remember how many orders on her website Red TV had? I've seen so many different numbers being thrown around

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

23 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

People listing nobodies with snoozefests of albums as references for Midnights... I need an album with hooks. I need an evermore on steroids. I don't need a ~vibe~ album. 

this :biblionny:

nnnn not we thinking about the same damn thing

yeah if there's no surefire hit then it would be better that way she's not releasing the lead

I seriously doubt a tight 13 track album would have career mishaps and duds like ME! and YNTCD. I'm sure whatever they pick as the lead will end up smashing. I just hope she doesn't take too long to release it. Friday would be perfect with how dead the charts are. She could secure a multi week #1 smash.

1 minute ago, KOMH said:

I seriously doubt a tight 13 track album would have career mishaps and duds like ME! and YNTCD. I'm sure whatever they pick as the lead will end up smashing. I just hope she doesn't take too long to release it. Friday would be perfect with how dead the charts are. She could secure a multi week #1 smash.

I mean, 1989 has Welcome to New York, Bad Blood, How You Get the Girl… :doublescoop: But she’s grown immensely since then so I trust her.

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

7 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Does anyone remember how many orders on her website Red TV had? I've seen so many different numbers being thrown around

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

75k in 4 months, if memory serves

Does anyone know if Taylor’s store usually ships the vinyl the day of release? Or if they ship a day or two before so that they arrive the day of release?

7m per track to beat Red TV’s 24 hour record sounds like a tall order 

we need this to this first female album to smash 100m :chick1:

the delusions :skull: 

didn't ATW 10TV do like 5.8M on the first day? u guys def should lower the expectation.

but if the album is mostly uptempo I def see it's doing better than folklore per average

It’s either we get a single this friday or get the entire album Red TV style, hoping for the first option since she could gun for multiple top 5’s/#1’s...

The incoming BUMP :dies:

The top 3 will diffidently re enter the top 50 and with fall and winter approaching and Midnights’ release, I really hope evermore re enters the top 100 and resides there for months

The good thing is there probably won’t be any vinyl shortage problems this time since the album consists of only one disc! Red (TV) had 4 discs and sold 100k copies, which means she’ll have 400k thousand copies of Midnights if she produces the same amount of discs. 

1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

If I were on her team, I'd have her upload 10-15 secs of each track (interesting parts) from Midnights on Tik Tok and release whatever goes viral first as the lead single. If there are multiple tracks making waves, then get her to release one as a promo single every week leading up to the album release. Gurl, imagine the hype and the number of pre-orders shooting up.

If you think it'd be a risky move to tease the whole album this far ahead, just remember Lil Nas X whored Montero around on Tik Tok for like 8 months before releasing it and Nicki was spamming her recent smash hit for a couple of weeks too.

No thanks, would kinda ruin it for me to get the entire album spoiled like that…

Album Harry house had nearly 100 million in the first day with 13 tracks.  If Taylor's New Album has less first-day streams than harry house, I'd say our fandom is a flop:rip:.  let's make at least 10 million streams on the first day for each song:heart:

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Oh yeah, I can see her hitting 250k vinyl sales first week if preorders are stocked up and the right retailers get enough shipments. Red TV was massively undershipped for its first week on vinyl and I think they’ve learned from that.

And let’s not forget that this one is half that price add to that that it’s a new album it will generate more interest and willingness to buy from casual fans and gp... 

It should be a short album, right? I mean with fairly short songs, because if there's only ONE disc vinyl it's not getting much over 40 minutes overall for 13 tracks

6 minutes ago, Arrows said:

No thanks, would kinda ruin it for me to get the entire album spoiled like that…

Well, it's not about you or any other die-hard swiftie. All the stans have pre-ordered (or will do) the album without hearing anything from it. Let's be honest, she could serve another ME! as the lead single and you'd still be there on release day to check the whole album out. 

It's about the GeePee. I feel like that could be the most effective way of engaging them in this era. I'm also tired of Taylor releases feeling like one-week events only. We've had 4 of those already. It's time to try something new. 

People listing nobodies with snoozefests of albums as references for Midnights... I need an album with hooks. I need an evermore on steroids. I don't need a ~vibe~ album. 

We know she's going to tour with this album and Taylor Swift will never do a stadium tour with a lullaby album. I'm not worried about that at all.

She will pick it and we will deal with it, she has been trolling us for a decade now and we LOVE IT!

and let’s keep tiktok for the newbies and the ones whose name isn’t enough to generate hype anymore.

also... one pre release official single is enough with a 13 track album, no need for promo singles, it will kill the first day/week streams hype. And unleashing a second single + MV with the album release would be the perfect release strategy.

this seems to be just like Lover/rep, as in there will not be deluxe tracks and only a standard version since she ALWAYS reveals if there’s one with the announcement. But in this case there are only 13 tracks and therefore unlike the rest, one pre release is enough.

1 hour ago, enchanted0 said:

the delusions :skull: 

didn't ATW 10TV do like 5.8M on the first day? u guys def should lower the expectation.

but if the album is mostly uptempo I def see it's doing better than folklore per average

6.7 M with out TTH or any big playlist 

When does she usually announce a tour? It’s usually around the album right? Hope Australia is in her first batch of dates ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.