Taylor Swift

Achilles.

14 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't see how a Deluxe edition would fit. The concept of the record is to be about 13 sleepless nights. It wouldn't make sense to add other songs because it would clash with the original narrative of the album. Idk but I would find it weird if all of a sudden she went like "oh btw, here 2 new songs about 2 other sleepless nights that I had". Is it just me?

I mean, I’m sure she’s had more than 13 sleepless nights in her life. I didn’t take the statement of “this album is about 13 sleepless nights” to be so set in stone that there won’t be any album outtakes or future deluxe tracks. But I get where you’re coming from. 

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think @Jaspurr is right, this album allows her to craft a “Deluxe” version later on down the line if she wants to — a common tactic from most artists nowadays. She’s only done a deluxe post-album release once before I believe, with Fearless. I think it would give her another week top 5 once she’s slipped out, if not #1 assuming things line up perfectly for her depending on the timing of such a hypothetical release.

hmmm really doubt it. by her wordings, these are old songs (songs that would've been from the vault in the rerecordings per ex.), probably - my assumption - produced in the same genre for "concise sonority purposes", so i don't see much room for more songs. she writes a lot, but even so, not all things she writes are album worthy.

Fourth album with Republic.

Either the exec interview about her contract being 3 albums for 100M was inaccurate, or she lowballed her contract deal for the Spotify shares amongst all UMG acts, artistic freedom, and that UMG Publishing deal.

Why y’all acting like a 13 track album is super short :rip: I was honestly hoping this would be an air tight 11 track masterpiece tbh

That report from The Sun is probably true right? Still think they're kinda exaggerated about female collaboration part. I expect a few female producers & one big featuring

7 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Her bottom 8 songs for me are:

Girl at Home

Shake It Off

Bad Blood

...Ready for it?

I Did Something Bad

I Forgot That You Existed

The Man

ME!

Couldn't really think of two more

I agree but IDSB is not that bad.

Just now, Aiya said:

I agree but IDSB is not that bad.

And I would add TMIK.

4 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

That report from The Sun is probably true right? Still think they're kinda exaggerated about female collaboration part. I expect a few female producers & one big featuring

It’s Lana probably.

1 minute ago, Aiya said:

And I would add TMIK.

This song has no business being anywhere NEAR the bottom of anyone’s list. It’s literally HARMLESS. It has a great melody, and tells a good story. The first time anyone listens (assuming they weren’t told if it was about her birthday) they are shook when the final chorus comes around. It’s a great track, and how anyone could ever drag it more than a mid tier ranking baffles me. 

I know rep and lover are hit or miss for everyone so I can accept drags for songs like RFI, IDSB or LB (even though I like those), but TMIK is objectively GOOD. 

Wasn't The Sun report about her writing songs for a new album? But she had the album ready to go, so I'm a bit skeptical.

9 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

This song has no business being anywhere NEAR the bottom of anyone’s list. It’s literally HARMLESS. It has a great melody, and tells a good story. The first time anyone listens (assuming they weren’t told if it was about her birthday) they are shook when the final chorus comes around. It’s a great track, and how anyone could ever drag it more than a mid tier ranking baffles me. 

I know rep and lover are hit or miss for everyone so I can accept drags for songs like RFI, IDSB or LB (even though I like those), but TMIK is objectively GOOD. 

The melody is good but I cringe at lyrics every time I try to listen to it.

14 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

Teneo, if you're reading this, can you tell me if she's gonna drop a lead single anytime soon. Thanks king xoxo

FU9fd7u.gif

lol he doesn’t know **** sis

I guess Taylor's such a marketing genius that even her own stans fall for her tactics too. I'm pretty sure she had a collection of great songs that she decided to make an album of. That's it.

My initial reaction to the concept was that it was her laziest one yet but now I realize how smart it is. No one is going to judge her for serving a not-so-cohesive album sonically or thematically because the concept is literally 'songs written in the middle of the night'. Like, a song like Gorgeous could fit on the record just fine too.

Edited by Jaspurr

1 minute ago, Jaspurr said:

I guess Taylor's such a marketing genius that even her own stans fall for her tactics too. I'm pretty sure she had a collection of great songs that she decided to make an album of. That's it.

My initial reaction to the concept was that it was her laziest one yet but now I realize how smart it is. No one is going to judge her for serving a not-so-cohesive album sonically or thematically because the concept is literally 'songs written the middle of the night'. Like, a song like Gorgeous could fit on the record just fine too.

My number one worry, but is expected coz her cycle says that this is another Red/Lover type of sound aka sonically incohesive.

I’m sure it will be very good, she cannot possibly go Lower than Lover.

I rewatched Miss Americana last night and something that stuck out to me was how she really thought Lover would be her last opportunity for the kind of massive success she’s always had since she was turning 30. It’s interesting because she must have been looking to peers like Katy who had massive success but inevitably petered out after turning 30, and thought her tenure would come to that point after her third pop album. Obviously she had no idea the pandemic and Scooter mess would be two things she could parlay into an artistic reinvention and lead to her third imperial phase where she’s now bigger than ever, but it made me realize that she is really aiming to milk this new peak for all its worth (which is iconic) because she can never really know when that inevitable winding down of success will happen. I can see how it feels like a bit much for some to go straight into TS10 after two years of her already being in content overdrive but it makes sense why she’s striking while the iron’s hot.

30 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Genuinely baffled by how The Sun has been reporting things about her correctly and I'll be shocked again if they're right. They're seen on the same level as the Daily Mail :rip:

The TS10 story was probably given to them by Tree to try and overshadow JetGate.

2 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

My number one worry, but is expected coz her cycle says that this is another Red/Lover type of sound aka sonically incohesive.

I’m sure it will be very good, she cannot possibly go Lower than Lover.

What's your obsession with sonic cohesion anyway? Do you always listen to albums from start to finish?

I always play albums on shuffle. I actually enjoy how messy RED is sonically, like, I never get bored listening to that album. evermore is the same.

My problem with Lover is the melodies and awful vocal production served by AntonOFF.

y'all really think she would ever give us anything as bad as loser again? she learned her lesson, there is no need to worry 

4 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

What's your obsession with sonic cohesion anyway? Do you always listen to albums from start to finish?

I always play albums on shuffle. I actually enjoy how messy RED is sonically, like, I never get bored listening to that album. evermore is the same.

My problem with Lover is the melodies and awful vocal production served by AntonOFF.

YES. :jonnycat:

I have so much respect for an album that creates a story in a single soundscape, paired with lyricism interloping each other with a narrative told through the first song until the very end.

I may be a little bias with Speak Now when it comes to such merit, but it was a concept album for her at the time, and she only fully realized the necessity of sonic cohesion in albums after Red.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

3 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I may be a little bias with Speak Now when it comes to such merit, but it was a concept album for her at the time, and she only fully realized the necessity of sonic cohesion in albums after Red.

Speaking of, Speak Now does possess everything its stans drag RED for, doesn't it? It's not sonically cohesive either. And I've never seen a single soul praise Innocent yet they always wanna talk about fillers.

38 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Genuinely baffled by how The Sun has been reporting things about her correctly and I'll be shocked again if they're right. They're seen on the same level as the Daily Mail :rip:

For most things yes but Tree feeds them correct info. 1D’s publicist also used to do the same. They’re like TMZ in that sense. Tree is actually very connected in the tabloid space, and seems to not treat them as any more lowbrow than esteemed outlets like NYT. It was a little tabloid-y in general but she gave the “Why She Disappeared” exclusive in the leadup to Reputation (literally the name of a poem Taylor wrote in the Rep magazines) to Us Weekly of all outlets :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Speaking of, Speak Now does possess everything its stans drag RED for, doesn't it? It's not sonically cohesive either. And I've never seen a single soul praise Innocent yet they always wanna talk about fillers.

Spoiler

I love Innocent

The differences for me between Speak Now and Red (also Lover) is simple.

Speak Now tracks individually, are better songs, and can hold a candle to Red and Lover’s highs.

And most of these songs do not play in a field where she seemed to just have added a track to be able to nab a hit or have something for anyone.

She’s in her songwriting element to freely convey what she feels, and does not feel the need to water down her songwriting mojo at that time for a radio-friendlier song.

Just my two cents.

1 hour ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

hmmm really doubt it. by her wordings, these are old songs (songs that would've been from the vault in the rerecordings per ex.), probably - my assumption - produced in the same genre for "concise sonority purposes", so i don't see much room for more songs. she writes a lot, but even so, not all things she writes are album worthy.

I guess I’m in the camp that thinks these are songs she wrote over the last year and a half or so as she was revisiting her old catalogue. I don’t wanna believe she’s giving us songs she wrote 7 years ago that don’t really matter in the scheme of her life now. But I guess we’ll have fun figuring that out once we start hearing the songs!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.