Taylor Swift

Achilles.

16 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I don't really care about having full eras again. She's on her 10th album so I don't expect her to promote like the new girls. The only thing I want is great music (guaranteed) and visuals (more than one video) and I will be grateful.

No need to do much promo but she really should release more official singles with videos. Even if they drop, they will help the album longevity. And songs like Back to December, Begin again, Safe and Sound despite being flop when released has become somewhat cult classics. 

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, when is she getting that Songwriter of the Decade award?

TheArgonaut

41 minutes ago, chiliam said:

No need to do much promo but she really should release more official singles with videos. Even if they drop, they will help the album longevity. And songs like Back to December, Begin again, Safe and Sound despite being flop when released has become somewhat cult classics. 

I'm almost certain she's financing her own videos now, so I'm not surprised she's cutting back on so many.

OT: I have a feeling Dessner will make several appearances on the production credits. Don't know if I'm excited by that or not. Don't want it to sound like a rehash of Folkmore.

I really hope we get a single this week or next. I don’t want the rollout to be like Red TV where we hear nothing until release date

17 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

I'm almost certain she's financing her own videos now, so I'm not surprised she's cutting back on so many.

OT: I have a feeling Dessner will make several appearances on the production credits. Don't know if I'm excited by that or not. Don't want it to sound like a rehash of Folkmore.

Money is not really a problem for her though (like she randomly shooting I bet you think about me video knowing it wont do anything), its just that she is so involve in music video now, concept, writing, directing took a lot of times to plan so she doesn`t have all the time and energy for more. Maybe just hire Joseph Khan again. He might have a weird personality but he`s still the best music video director.

Edited by chiliam

She truly always wins this unreal for 24 hours :gaycat6:

I like that we have a tight 13 track album, but I do hate the possibility of not breaking Red’s first day / first week streams because of that :rip: 

8 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I like that we have a tight 13 track album, but I do hate the possibility of not breaking Red’s first day / first week streams because of that :rip: 

She will need an average of 7m per track to break the record :monkey: 

But we did not expect her to break it with folklore so let’s hope

30 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

182k is the vinyl record I think it’s hers again :gaycat2:

Oh yeah, I can see her hitting 250k vinyl sales first week if preorders are stocked up and the right retailers get enough shipments. Red TV was massively undershipped for its first week on vinyl and I think they’ve learned from that.

19 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

We need more variants and perhaps some alternate covers, give us the folklore treatment 

We need the 16 versions treatment 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5

24 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

We need more variants and perhaps some alternate covers, give us the folklore treatment 

504zfn.thumb.gif.a43ee4ce14e420f8b9c1ff5ba8283560.gif

My theory is that we'll get the variants during the release week. Then fans who have bought the og version will have to buy the variants too 

10 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

She will need an average of 7m per track to break the record :monkey: 

But we did not expect her to break it with folklore so let’s hope

Wellp :rip: I mean, in that case I don’t think she should release a lead single. It will increase interest/hype and everyone will be forced to check it out first day to hear the sound. But it’s such a double edged sword because promoting a single drums up more casual listeners who would contribute to that first day number. What an impossible trade off to decide on.

Hope we get a The Only Heartbreaker by Mitski type song as lead 

We need energy, feelings, maturity

something that everyone can relate but without being too basic 

:jonny5:

13 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Wellp :rip: I mean, in that case I don’t think she should release a lead single. It will increase interest/hype and everyone will be forced to check it out first day to hear the sound. But it’s such a double edged sword because promoting a single drums up more casual listeners who would contribute to that first day number. What an impossible trade off to decide on.

Nah sis, a stable-streaming smash hit would ultimately be better than breaking the Spotify record. Plus, it is not impossible.

We just have to trust The Lord

8 minutes ago, venuss said:

Hope we get a The Only Heartbreaker by Mitski type song as lead 

We need energy, feelings, maturity

something that everyone can relate but without being too basic 

:jonny5:

Mistki laurel hell is basic :rip:

I think it's very possible to average 7m per track

she just needs a good lead single and people will check for the album and we can ask the army for chart manipulation tips

TheArgonaut

Can we have a melancholy dance (or danceable) track please? Something for people to cry in the club to.

she needs a quality smasha before the album, something that's universally loved such as WD or Style

the album cover is her best since 1989 so let's hope her ability to choose good singles is back

Her discography is unmatched :wanda:

The biggest test for us is gonna be the lead single. We know her track record for awful lead singles so I’m scared 

People listing nobodies with snoozefests of albums as references for Midnights... I need an album with hooks. I need an evermore on steroids. I don't need a ~vibe~ album. 

4 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

People listing nobodies with snoozefests

period, there's a reason only a few listen to them :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.