Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

I can't believe the only certification's update we have in recent memory is We Don't Talk Anymore (or a collab). Her team is embarassingly slow.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

I can't believe the only certification's update we have in recent memory is We Don't Talk Anymore (or a collab). Her team is embarassingly slow.

Most teams don’t even bother. Look at Bey being ultra undercertified for years and only did it like very recently, I guess to hype Renaissance. Selena did it too right before LYTLM came out. It costs money and artists don’t really care that much, at least those on Selena’s level. It would be cute tho

Edited by MALAMENTE

5 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Calm Down has charted for 11 weeks! That’s impressive, even if it has spent them in the lower half of the Hot 100 

I love how you don't mention that My Mind and Me charted for 1 week and left the Hot 100 this week :deadbanana2:

She needs to come out with a banger and promo. ALL her recent singles have been bombs on the Hot 100, but My Mind and Me spending 1 week at #83 is sending me.

She needs a new team ASAP

51 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Most teams don’t even bother. Look at Bey being ultra undercertified for years and only did it like very recently, I guess to hype Renaissance. Selena did it too right before LYTLM came out. It costs money and artists don’t really care that much, at least those on Selena’s level. It would be cute tho

I'm sure selena and label have the money.

Selena doesn't care for sure. Having a good certif. update is a label's regard and also their job, for active artists.

1 hour ago, hardbrit said:

I love how you don't mention that My Mind and Me charted for 1 week and left the Hot 100 this week :deadbanana2:

Ok

Should we remember some of Selena's peaks on the Hot 100 before LYTLM?

#20 Bad Liar

#27 Fetish

#20 Wolves

#18 Back To You

#66 I Can't Get Enough 

And yet I'm pretty sure her fans love to brag about WW smash hits like Wolves, BTY, etc. So there's nothing to worry about, at least to me.

Yeah MM&M did it's thing even ma'am Taylor couldn't make Carolina and Beautiful Gosts hits, actually MM&M charted in more countries 

Edited by Selenasworld

2 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

Yeah MM&M did it's thing even ma'am Taylor couldn't make Carolina and Beautiful Gosts hits, actually MM&M charted in more countries 

Right like what about it? I really dgaf about a soundtrack song doing bad, especially when the label doesn’t even want it to and the song itself has everything to not do well in the streaming era. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

11 hours ago, hardbrit said:

She needs to come out with a banger and promo. ALL her recent singles have been bombs on the Hot 100, but My Mind and Me spending 1 week at #83 is sending me.

HER team is a mess since years:noparty:

Think it's time to admit this is pop perfection, a shame the lyrics were too cheesy for the post-Billie/pre-COVID dark pop era it was released in 

Edited by Godly

6 hours ago, SelenaGomez<3 said:

HER team is a mess since years:noparty:

that user is a troll so just ignore.

There's nothing that her team can do now. Christmas songs are everywhere rising on spotify, charts,etc. 

They should have done something before like pushing Calm Down on radio or some live promo. Hopefully the song will have another wind in January and still be on TTH.

Why did MM&M only get 24 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Billie’s had 101.. like low impact type of thing?

MM&M is a  short ballad song . There's no way it could do well on charts lol

Eh. i'm not worried about charts rn. As we can see with Calm Down, all it takes Selena to do well on charts is a catchy song.

She's fine.
:gaycat2:

10 hours ago, Godly said:

Think it's time to admit this is pop perfection, a shame the lyrics were too cheesy for the post-Billie/pre-COVID dark pop era it was released in 

This is one of her best songs, that AGAIN, had no promotion and flopped because of it

14 minutes ago, La Luna said:

MM&M is a  short ballad song . There's no way it could do well on charts lol

Eh. i'm not worried about charts rn. As we can see with Calm Down, all it takes Selena to do well on charts is a catchy song.

She's fine.
:gaycat2:

9 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

that user is a troll so just ignore.

There's nothing that her team can do now. Christmas songs are everywhere rising on spotify, charts,etc. 

They should have done something before like pushing Calm Down on radio or some live promo. Hopefully the song will have another wind in January and still be on TTH.

21 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Right like what about it? I really dgaf about a soundtrack song doing bad, especially when the label doesn’t even want it to and the song itself has everything to not do well in the streaming era. 

The label added it to the TTH on Spotify, Like...what are they gonna do? SING IT?

On 11/22/2022 at 6:55 PM, hardbrit said:

It’s a soundtrack song tho

They better push Calm Down on radio ASAP better it loses its hype 

I'm suprised Hulu is not campaigning for S2, I hope it doesn't flop at the winter awards (because the Emmys 2023 will be enough lol). Many believe the ensemble and the Martins are a lock at SAG and that campaigning would only be useful to get Selena in too. I'm still not expecting anything from SAG in terms of lead actress but I do hope she gets the Golden Globe nomination. Expecting her to get Critics Choice and Satellite nominations again too. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

Selena will be on Jimmy Fallon next Monday. The Martins are also hosting SNL on the 10th. I hope she makes in appearance.

how perfect it would’ve been to have martin and steve as the host and selena as musical guest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.