Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

2 hours ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

i have an aunt who is a witch i'm going to get her a goat and we will prepare an offering cuz she HAS to get that best supporting actress and best original song nom

This reminds me of when my friend and I did a blood ritual to ensure LYTLM went #1. We can do it :heart: 

• Haha 1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

@ShadeIenaDo you remember this girl sis? She did backing vocals for a few SG&TS songs :heart: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

@ShadeIenaI wonder if any of the three clips that have been leaked (her crying at the newscaster, the fantasy sequence in her hotel room, her with the gun in the car) are the ones where she said she channeled her being 5150'd to the psych ward. Judging by her emotions during the scene, I think it's when she whips out the gun in the car.

TBH I did not see anything like this. Might be one of the scenes of the Netflix version maybe?

13 hours ago, #SG2 said:

We all know acting is her true passion.

Also she eventually will come back to music, she just needs a break from it. 
I bet she will get more inspiration from all the roles she will play.

True, she loves music but her own brain is her own enemy. She's starting to see music as something that is preventing her from acting instead of her second compliment/venture. and it's kinda weird when music is what kept her popularity and she was a singer for more than a decade. Kinda lame tbh but I respect her to do what she wants.

Also:

2 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

TBH I did not see anything like this. Might be one of the scenes of the Netflix version maybe?

Omg so there's this scene that leaked where she's spinning around in a hotel room all drunk and manic recording herself and when she starts jumping around it cuts back and forth between a fantasy of her dancing (almost like she's shaking) and singing with a crowd of people in a dark room it was SO wild :rip: She really ate I fear omfg :jonny5:

8 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

Omg so there's this scene that leaked where she's spinning around in a hotel room all drunk and manic recording herself and when she starts jumping around it cuts back and forth between a fantasy of her dancing (almost like she's shaking) and singing with a crowd of people in a dark room it was SO wild :rip: She really ate I fear omfg :jonny5:

She's not drunk or manic, she's just angry because they woke her up lol.

Spoiler

The way they promoted this as her doing hard dancing but she barely does that

16 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

The only song I see with a radio friendly potential is Mi Camino and that Zoe song in the beginning. I loved Perdoname sm , I hope they release the full version with the EP

they won't play it on radio. they usually don't play musical songs on radio, not even "This is Me" which was HUGE

3 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

She's not drunk or manic, she's just angry because they woke her up lol.

I was guessing the scene was the start of her breaking down after finding out Emilia is her husband cjlyisjdkfjdjdjdjfjdjd (if she does find out that is :rip: )

The way we never got this music video

She must have recorded so many songs at this point I hope some of them just leak. Like okay she doesn't want to do an official release but she could drop us a crumb.

15 hours ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

@ShadeIenaI wonder if any of the three clips that have been leaked (her crying at the newscaster, the fantasy sequence in her hotel room, her with the gun in the car) are the ones where she said she channeled her being 5150'd to the psych ward. Judging by her emotions during the scene, I think it's when she whips out the gun in the car.

As someone that's seen the movie. I'm pretty sure it's the scene where she's left in Switzerland with the kids for their safety. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 4:27 PM, choerry said:

As someone that's seen the movie. I'm pretty sure it's the scene where she's left in Switzerland with the kids for their safety. 

How would you say you liked her performance? 

Also unrelated but this HEAVENLY BOP OMFG :jonny5: @ShadeIena

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 4:28 PM, AbeHicks said:

She must have recorded so many songs at this point I hope some of them just leak. Like okay she doesn't want to do an official release but she could drop us a crumb.

Join the Seven Heavens project and help us buy them lol

51 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

How would you say you liked her performance? 

Also unrelated but this HEAVENLY BOP OMFG :jonny5: @ShadeIena

Her BEST SONG EVER

• Like 1

the shift on Selena's perception of her career in the course of the MM&M documentary... it starts with her touring the world with revival and thinking she is still not doing enough...so it ends with her promoting rare and getting bothered just because she needs to answer some silly questions

Reading some of these article about the film and her chance at a supporting nom. So far its looking good. Lets what happens in the next few months. I'd die if she gets a Oscar nom. Also she truly excels when she works with people she's familiar with and believe in her. 

TIFF next!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jxbuggie said:

Reading some of these article about the film and her chance at a supporting nom. So far its looking good. Lets what happens in the next few months. I'd die if she gets a Oscar nom. Also she truly excels when she works with people she's familiar with and believe in her. 

TIFF next!

I'm not gonna get my hopes up but the way she got both a Cannes win and an Emmy nom like a few weeks apart made me question if The Academy could really throw us a bone and nominate her omfg :jonny5:

actresslena being so surprisingly fun as a stan!! 

selenators need to stop paying attention on hate tweets, they always make it go way more viral than it would if they didn't keep quoting it. 

• Like 1

"It had a bit more of a rough sound to it and over the course of, you know, working with [singer-songwriter] Camille on the song intimately, it became almost like a ballad," the Only Murders in the Building star said. "It was more of a story about a woman and phases of life that she goes through and it just was beautiful." 

oh???? :jonny6::jonny6:

WE WONNN

https://people.com/selena-gomez-calls-singing-in-emilia-perez-therapeutic-telluride-8705147?taid=66d5c3f4b30c2e0001542ead&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

She looks phenomenal omg

9 hours ago, Selegend said:

"It had a bit more of a rough sound to it and over the course of, you know, working with [singer-songwriter] Camille on the song intimately, it became almost like a ballad," the Only Murders in the Building star said. "It was more of a story about a woman and phases of life that she goes through and it just was beautiful." 

oh???? :jonny6::jonny6:

WE WONNN

https://people.com/selena-gomez-calls-singing-in-emilia-perez-therapeutic-telluride-8705147?taid=66d5c3f4b30c2e0001542ead&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

OMG??? Writing check cleared 

• Like 1

The way I feel like we're so lucky knowing that her character in Emilia Perez is an American immigrant living in Mexico considering it gives us the perfect excuse to defend her shitty Spanish dd. Let's just say it was a creative choice the same way a lot of us defend Mabel sounding like a medicated teleprompter with tubes up her nose as a creative choice too :rip: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

She looks phenomenal omg

I forgot to quote this in my post above but I agree with you. I'm not remotely saying this to be rude or shady bc I will always bat for her and defend her against rude comments regarding her looks, but sis was looking pretty rough at the beginning of the year esp that pic of her showing her boobs in the hotel room which she swiftly deleted bc everyone was calling her ugly and saying "body coffee" dd :rip: 

I find it wild that our girl looks different every few months but I think that more-so has to do with lupus flare-ups, my mom has the same thing. She really turned it around and is looking stunning and so happy lately, like she hasn't looked this good in ages. I hope she's in a much better place with herself because I truly haven't seen this type of glow and radiance to her since I'd say Summer 2020 (I always think of how beautiful she looked in those Q&A videos she did with beauty gurus to promote Rare Beauty). I'm so happy for her omg :heart:

I want her on a song like this :jonny5:

Droplet era album - Still figuring out if it's a good idea

Roses - Will be a career defining album. 
Redemption - Will be amazing. 
This being said, this is all just me thinking about what could happen, not what is actually happening. I think these ideas are hot, and i'm not sitting and writing them because these ideas fit perfectly into my brain to enjoy every day. 
SG 1.5, SG3, and SG4, then go perfectly into the next phase. Which like essentially we start to get more abstract, more experimental. These 3 albums which i enjoy working on, i just think are so cool. 
But i've had to come to the conclusion of like, yes one day, i will be 35 years old and will have released these projects that we've been working on. 
AirPods was a really great project to make in which i took my first attempt at writing a song called Roses. I did write it for Selena Gomez and Troye Sivan. But, i decided to release the demo first. Because, well because i made AirPods because well i just wanted it to be first. I was gonna call the whole thing Roses but i have an album concept for Roses that is so complex and needs a lot of love put into it. So i will be waiting for Roses to come to me soon. Then Redemption, is the same thing with AirPods. I will be testing songs off of Apple Pay which was initially called Redemption but will be called Apple Pay and make it again like, AirPods is Roses and Apple Pay is Redemption but i always think i can do a better job. So i keep my fantasies of those albums alive even if what i end up releasing doesn't hold up to those standards.

So yes, you can stream AirPods and look at it as Roses, but Roses is also what i'm calling an album i haven't written yet. The same thing with Apple Pay. 
I also have an album that will not follow the theme that is super rock/pop and is very similar in theme to AirPods, look at the next one as a version of AirPods that is a more intense and honestly better version. Better in the sense that if you listen to it, your mind might be even more wrapped up in it than the first one. Except after every project that comes out, you will keep revisiting AirPods and continue realizing it's a masterpiece.  
So yes, what i'm saying is is that my fellow Selenator ATRLers should stream my f***ing album. Goddamn. And yeah sometimes i pic R titles for important songs on my albums cuz of Selena. I spend years writing the R songs. Oh my god. Oh my god the amount of effort the R songs take out of me. The R songs take an eternity to write. And then, you write an R song and then you start coming up with different songs with the same name. Oh my god, i'm thinking about writing another song called Roses. And Redemption just dawned on me 

"Wash me clean with your forgiveness

Baptize me something something something" 

OOOO. I have to keep thinking. But i'm thinking about Redemption too. And then Roses oh i'm loving this new song i'm writing called Roses. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.