Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

3 hours ago, corotinho said:

This Emilia Perez buzz will probably not do the wonders it could do for her career like we all thought, since her only chance in the awards was with Mi Camino and she won't get any nominations for this.

I heard that since Interscope nor UMG have no publishing rights, if it doesn't get fixed the song won't even be released under Selena's name. The whole soundtrack might be under "Emilia Perez The Movie" profile. Mess :pancake:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

I heard that since Interscope nor UMG have no publishing rights, if it doesn't get fixed the song won't even be released under Selena's name. The whole soundtrack might be under "Emilia Perez The Movie" profile. Mess :pancake:

Not true. UMG can let they release under Selena's name, just like they do with featurings (We Don't Talk Anymore)

3 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Not true. UMG can let they release under Selena's name, just like they do with featurings (We Don't Talk Anymore)

We Don't Talk Anymore was released under UMG which includes Interscope as one of their labels, it just wasn't under interscope as the main label.

Hold On was released independently and they took it off streaming 

i need her to be somewhat credited in Mi Camino

Calm Down losing the easiest grammy WIN ever cuz of 1 week and they not releasing another version 

Mi Camino losing her best shot do be Oscar nominated 

is there any chance ASCAP is wrong? the song is based on her life/documentary for gods sake. 

i will hold hopes until i see it on my spotify. 

Edited by Selegend

1 minute ago, ShadeIena said:

We Don't Talk Anymore was released under UMG which includes Interscope as one of their labels, it just wasn't under interscope as the main label.

Hold On was released independently and they took it off streaming 

No haha WDTA was released under Warner Music Group, by Atlantic Records

1 minute ago, Selegend said:

Calm Down losing the easiest grammy WIN ever cuz of 1 week and they not releasing another version 

is there any chance ASCAP is wrong? the song is based on her life/documentary for gods sake. 

It has a chance since they included her in the Good For You credits AFTER it was released, but i don't think they are caring enough this time (since they don't really care anymore for her music career)

4 minutes ago, Selegend said:

The song is under the name "Livret" . The only hope is that that version that is registered is the script version and the credits (full) version is under a different registration. Let's hope

3 minutes ago, corotinho said:

No haha WDTA was released under Warner Music Group, by Atlantic Records

No, it was a joint release, check the publishing credits in the repertoires . Warner was in charge of the promotion, like in Taki Taki for example

Edited by ShadeIena

New trailer eatsss

Her vocals on My Mind & Me are so angelic ugh this is one of her best songs 

Single Soon and Love On got snubbed from the VMAS :(

My boyfriend just sent me his Selena rankings: 

1. Revelación:

Vicio, De Una Vez, Buscando Amor

2. Common:

Souvenir, Lose You to Love Me, A Sweeter Place

3. When The Sun Goes Down:

Love You Like a Love Song, Outlaw, Whiplash

4. Revival:

Good For You, Perfect, Hands To Myself

5. A Year Without Rain

Ghost Of You, Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Off The Chain

6. Kiss & Tell

Falling Down, Tell Me Something I Don't Know, The Way I Loved You

The way he stans Vicio and Live Like There's No Tomorros yeah he's a keeper :jonny5:

• Like 1

If Selena wrote nothing on Camino, she doesn't deserve a nom for it. Sorry!:michael:
She gotta work for stuff. She already does the bare minimum and expect the most on her music career, like after that horrible LYTLM performance, did nothing to fix such thing, she thought she still could get a nom:toofunny3:...she better not do it with her acting career too

And y'all saying an acclaimed role does nothing for her acting career if it doesn't get a oscar nom are out of your minds...

• Like 4

It would be great if she song is nominated tho. Because she could prepare a great actress performance of the song there. Never understood why she doesn't like performing being an actress, but I guess it's because she is not a theather kid (her sister Victoria looks like will be tho :cupid:)

Bad Liar is hitting harder than it usually does tonight, one of the best pop songs of the 21st century idgaf.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:16 PM, ShadeIena said:

New trailer eatsss

its literally the same trailer released in june 

Who cares that she doesn't have writing credits on the song? Camille is the actual writer and was hired to write the songs and music of the movie. Selena was cast to play a role. They are not going to let Selena write a song to please her fans and make them happy to see Sel earning a nomination. Plus, she wants to prove herself in acting so getting nominated for the song category is not the best plan. She is Top 10 in most rankings I've seen for the main awards, including the Oscars. She needs to focus on a good campaign and she could sneak in. I really don't know why fans are more worried about credits on a song for a movie she is in. I'd understand if she was the writer of a song especifically for a movie, but she is not.  

• Like 1

I'm excited for the song but i've been waiting on the album she's been teasing for 3 years. Being a Selenator well, there are new girls, cuz girls make better music, i've been stanning but where is SG3? 

I'm guessing if it's not a close to surprise release in September, 2025 it is.

I also still think there are at least 2 albums if not 3.

I'll take one album, but i'm 100% sure there are several album concepts she's been working on.

Edited by selena_lavigne

5 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

its literally the same trailer released in june 

It's extended

1 hour ago, ShadeIena said:

It's extended

It's not. The one from June is as long as the one in that tweet. Same scenes and all

13 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

I'll take one album, but i'm 100% sure there are several album concepts she's been working on.

I honestly foresee SG3 coming out in Q2 or Q3 2025. I would like if she treated Selenation by dropping various albums but I'm sure her and Interscope will come to an agreement when it comes to SG3's sound and roll out (I'm hoping for mid-tempo stuff personally but would take that happy pop album she teased).

13 hours ago, selena_lavigne said:

Unfortunately, I don't think she's working on multiple albums. I think whatever SG3 was originally with 'Single Soon' and 'Love On' being the singles was scrapped due to their underperformance. She likely went back to the drawing boards and is starting fresh...  I wouldn't expect any new music on this side of the year.

On 7/28/2024 at 4:44 PM, ShadeIena said:

She became uninteresting for the general public, she barely posts engaging content, she doesn't even perform or music or give any sort of detail of what her work is about. Both acting and music are always super secretive and the public never knows what is she doing

True sadly.

Idc what certain peeps in this base think about what I'm gonna say but I miss when she had a personality :giraffe: seeing clips of her old interviews with Ellen, Fallon, Letterman, etc. feels so weird with present Selena. She sounds so uninterested and bored in every interview she does now and it's always the same responses too.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 2:41 PM, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

My boyfriend just sent me his Selena rankings: 

1. Revelación:

Vicio, De Una Vez, Buscando Amor

2. Common:

Souvenir, Lose You to Love Me, A Sweeter Place

3. When The Sun Goes Down:

Love You Like a Love Song, Outlaw, Whiplash

4. Revival:

Good For You, Perfect, Hands To Myself

5. A Year Without Rain

Ghost Of You, Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Off The Chain

6. Kiss & Tell

Falling Down, Tell Me Something I Don't Know, The Way I Loved You

The way he stans Vicio and Live Like There's No Tomorros yeah he's a keeper :jonny5:

Wait his taste because this almost exact to my picks except I'd choose More/Naturally over Falling Down/The Way I Loved You :duca:

• Haha 1

She's been famous since she was like 15, at this point she's talked about every little thing in her life that she can disclose with a talk show host lol of course all her answers are gonna be the same now, especially with interviewers who ask her the same three questions too. Her latest interview with Marty was super refreshing because she was comfortable. 

I do think she needs some media training lessons to refresh her on how to treat the media, because campaigning is coming and she will have to answer many questions to make a good impression on voters and make them see she took her job seriously. There were some, when she was at Cannes, in which she basically threw her work and herself under the bus, saying she is not the best singer/dancer or that her Spanish isn't good even though she worked to improve. I'm sure there's other ways to tackle that and be self aware without sounding like she lacks self-esteem. 

About music, I do think there's nothing coming out this year, but I wish she would release some collab with somebody. I know the Emilia Perez soundtrack has like 2 songs from her but I would appreciate something else. 

Edited by MALAMENTE
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.