Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

Gold Derby can exclusively reveal that Selena Gomez is entering the "Only Murders in the Building" episode "Ghost Light" as her 2024 Emmy Award submission for Best Comedy Actress. "Ghost Light" aired on September 5 and is the sixth episode of the third season of the Huluseries.

In this episode, Mabel (Gomez), Charles (Steve Martin) and Oliver (Martin Short) head to the Goosebury Theater to continue their investigation into Ben's (Paul Rudd) murder. Mabel grows increasingly frustrated with the distance developing between the trio as they all go off on their separate ways inside the theater. A fight erupts after Mabel and Charles walk in on Oliver scrubbing the lipstick off Ben's mirror to throw suspicion off Loretta (Meryl Streep). When Oliver accuses her of sabotaging "Death Rattle Dazzle!" with her investigation, a fed-up Mabel reveals that Cinda (Tina Fey) tried to poach her and vowed to solve Ben's murder on her own because she's "done" with the two of them.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Almodusa said:

Gold Derby can exclusively reveal that Selena Gomez is entering the "Only Murders in the Building" episode "Ghost Light" as her 2024 Emmy Award submission for Best Comedy Actress. "Ghost Light" aired on September 5 and is the sixth episode of the third season of the Huluseries.

In this episode, Mabel (Gomez), Charles (Steve Martin) and Oliver (Martin Short) head to the Goosebury Theater to continue their investigation into Ben's (Paul Rudd) murder. Mabel grows increasingly frustrated with the distance developing between the trio as they all go off on their separate ways inside the theater. A fight erupts after Mabel and Charles walk in on Oliver scrubbing the lipstick off Ben's mirror to throw suspicion off Loretta (Meryl Streep). When Oliver accuses her of sabotaging "Death Rattle Dazzle!" with her investigation, a fed-up Mabel reveals that Cinda (Tina Fey) tried to poach her and vowed to solve Ben's murder on her own because she's "done" with the two of them.

Interesting! I remember this episode, she was good. 

But i wonder which episodes they submitted in s1 and s2 cuz i loved her s1 acting. :chick1: even more than s3. 

in season 2 the episode where Cara's is a freak and is 'replaying' the murder of Benny -- Selena killed 

and in s1 i love her acting in a episode where a throwback from "the hardy boys" happens. 

Edited by Selegend

22 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

She became uninteresting for the general public, she barely posts engaging content, she doesn't even perform or music or give any sort of detail of what her work is about. Both acting and music are always super secretive and the public never knows what is she doing

really? i don't agree with it. i think since Cannes Festival her career is back in a good place for the GP, even the Rare Beauty events gets virals everywhere again. 

the thing is that MUSIC is what truly move us as a fanbase, and that's missing. so... the base is dead. 

1 hour ago, Selegend said:

really? i don't agree with it. i think since Cannes Festival her career is back in a good place for the GP, even the Rare Beauty events gets virals everywhere again. 

the thing is that MUSIC is what truly move us as a fanbase, and that's missing. so... the base is dead. 

I don't think the general public truly cares about Cannes. They liked her because she was a relatable personalité , she used to share personal post and down to earth insights of her life. 

Over the last few years, she has became a super private person and the stuff she posts is mostly promotional posts. The music thing is true , but going back to the gp and not just fans; she became super secret there too, she showed no interest and always makes it look like she is forced to release; which makes people think about consuming her or not plus she has not added anything experimental in a while

20 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

I don't think the general public truly cares about Cannes. They liked her because she was a relatable personalité , she used to share personal post and down to earth insights of her life. 

Over the last few years, she has became a super private person and the stuff she posts is mostly promotional posts. The music thing is true , but going back to the gp and not just fans; she became super secret there too, she showed no interest and always makes it look like she is forced to release; which makes people think about consuming her or not plus she has not added anything experimental in a while

This is a personal POV:

They don't care about Cannes itself, nor do they care about the Rare Beauty events or the Emmy.

They care about Selena in Cannes, Selena in the Rare Beauty events, Selena being nominated. 

There were countless Selena Cannes Red Carpet virals all over tiktok. 

It's crystal clear that Selena has problems balancing her social media presence. 

It's like there's no in between, she seems to not be able to just post cute pictures and log off, she sooner or later engage in social media comments, like she just did yesterday. 

This online presence make Selena look like a subcelebrity for those who already likes her and i'm not even talking about annoying twitter stans, i'm talking about people that likes her in general, her overall audience. u notice this very easily on Billboard, E!, etc etc comments on Instagram, Tiktok, even in less toxic places like Youtube. 

Yesterday it didn't get messy cuz her comments were ok!! but we were all here at the end of last year and we know it can get messy. 

I'm 100% positve that being away from social media since Cannes until her birthday actually helped her to get back on GPs heart. 

She's a Grammy Nominated Singer, an Emmy Nominated and Cannes Winner Actress and the owner of a U$2billion company. When she is constantly online it truly affects her brand negatively, she needs to be above all of that.

I'm not saying that i didn't love those last 3 personal posts back to back, i loved it cuz i miss her.

But in 2 or 3 weeks she should stop with it before it gets messy. It can be fun and elevate her celebrity status if she does it like 1 month each 6 but more than this is damaging for her brand. 

We will have Emilia Perez and Only Murders in The Building promo, the 2 movie songs being out, the Emmys and more that we still don't know.

I hope she leave it to her team to just post red carpet and repost some cute videos on stories and that's it. Like a huge celebrity does! 

Again, yep everyone can disagree 100% cuz it's honestly just my personal opinion on her career! 

Edited by Selegend

2 hours ago, Selegend said:

This is a personal POV:

They don't care about Cannes itself, nor do they care about the Rare Beauty events or the Emmy.

They care about Selena in Cannes, Selena in the Rare Beauty events, Selena being nominated. 

There were countless Selena Cannes Red Carpet virals all over tiktok. 

It's crystal clear that Selena has problems balancing her social media presence. 

It's like there's no in between, she seems to not be able to just post cute pictures and log off, she sooner or later engage in social media comments, like she just did yesterday. 

This online presence make Selena look like a subcelebrity for those who already likes her and i'm not even talking about annoying twitter stans, i'm talking about people that likes her in general, her overall audience. u notice this very easily on Billboard, E!, etc etc comments on Instagram, Tiktok, even in less toxic places like Youtube. 

Yesterday it didn't get messy cuz her comments were ok!! but we were all here at the end of last year and we know it can get messy. 

I'm 100% positve that being away from social media since Cannes until her birthday actually helped her to get back on GPs heart. 

She's a Grammy Nominated Singer, an Emmy Nominated and Cannes Winner Actress and the owner of a U$2billion company. When she is constantly online it truly affects her brand negatively, she needs to be above all of that.

I'm not saying that i didn't love those last 3 personal posts back to back, i loved it cuz i miss her.

But in 2 or 3 weeks she should stop with it before it gets messy. It can be fun and elevate her celebrity status if she does it like 1 month each 6 but more than this is damaging for her brand. 

We will have Emilia Perez and Only Murders in The Building promo, the 2 movie songs being out, the Emmys and more that we still don't know.

I hope she leave it to her team to just post red carpet and repost some cute videos on stories and that's it. Like a huge celebrity does! 

Again, yep everyone can disagree 100% cuz it's honestly just my personal opinion on her career! 

That's a cute POV, I agree with some of the stuff in here.

Another problem that Selena has had over the last few years is that she did not gain permanent audience (Rare era performance damaged everything, gained little people, Revelación era was non existent), only occasional listeners (Calm Down), I think that's part of her idea of demonetizing her singing career, this is what I've been noticed idk if y'all too. Also not performing or being passionate about the stuff she puts out is another thing.

Since she doesn't perform and her acting gigs are targeted to a different demographic that does not consume her music , that also damaged her "stardom power".

Edited by ShadeIena
  • Thumbs Down 1

selena no longer shows love for her fans and her life got boring, she really keeps up for her celebrity power. and we as stans, must admit it.

edit: and i completely understand and respect her, fame hurt her and now she seems happy and in a safe place

Edited by goverm3nth0ker
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2024 at 5:17 PM, StarsAllAligned said:

The base is so dead now omg why 

I think most of ATRLers are music fans/singer stans and her music career is kinda dead rn so it's not exciting. I personally don't think stanning actors is as fun as singers because I like music more so I imagine most of ATRL shares that opinion.

Edited by VelvetCrush

8 hours ago, Selegend said:

But i wonder which episodes they submitted in s1 and s2 cuz i loved her s1 acting.

Oh this is only after they get their nomination. They choose an episode afterwards to support their nom going into voting. So this is Selena's first time 

Will they ever stop bringing up Selena's name for the attention and likes?? Imagine still bringing up high school drama when you're a celebrity in their 30s :rip:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VelvetCrush said:

Will they ever stop bringing up Selena's name for the attention and likes?? Imagine still bringing up high school drama when you're a celebrity in their 30s :rip:

I need them gone, Selena is already funding their podcast and that awful Wizards reboot. These unemployed people should really get a job

• Like 1

Wondering what she's suddenly started posting a load of personal pictures for. She did it just before announcing Single Soon and Love On. Is she doing all this to announce the songs from Emilia Perez and will it even work? I'm not complaining but it seems a bit forced considering she's not been this present since this time last year (Single Soon).

Edited by qwerty123123
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 10:11 PM, ShadeIena said:

Not really lately / at the beginning of the year. She's posting lot of stuff with Benny or some messy  random comments.

She better stay away from socials actually or hire someone who posts for her.

Edited by Sad Serenade

Anyone else has a hunch why Good For You music video is not on Spotify?

The superior version of the song.

5 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Anyone else has a hunch why Good For You music video is not on Spotify?

The superior version of the song.

Selena released that version of Good For You because it was how the song was supposed to sound like. The ASAP rocky version was made after that one and the radio version was also without him.

• Like 1

Do you guys think there's a promo plan for Mi Camino? I feel they wanna push that song for the gp but I don't know if they have any strategy rather than just drop the song.

I also wonder if Interscope will be promoting/supporting the release since apparently it's gonna be released under a different label. Hopefully is under UMG so Interscope would have some rights to promote it

18 hours ago, ShadeIena said:

Do you guys think there's a promo plan for Mi Camino? I feel they wanna push that song for the gp but I don't know if they have any strategy rather than just drop the song.

I also wonder if Interscope will be promoting/supporting the release since apparently it's gonna be released under a different label. Hopefully is under UMG so Interscope would have some rights to promote it

Maybe Netflix will do some promo but i don't expect nothing huge for it. 

The movie impact is what will decide if the song will be known or not. 

• Like 1

We Own The Night is honestly such a beautiful and overlooked song. Catchy and perfectly describes the feelings of being in a relationship. 

• Like 4

rare has been on repeat lately…one day people will realise the pop bible that it is :jonny5:

Edited by Dolce Vita
  • Thanks 2

She buys Normani rejects writing credits but she cannot buy one for this? A song that can be huge for her career?

She literally put music on hold for this movie and she's barely gonna get anything since they are clearly pushing Karla and Zoe for the awards

2 minutes ago, ShadeIena said:

She buys Normani rejects writing credits but she cannot buy one for this? A song that can be huge for her career?

maybe they didnt let her? she also doesnt have a writing credit on let somebody go :fan:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

maybe they didnt let her? she also doesnt have a writing credit on let somebody go :fan:

Cuz the song was formerly a H.E.R collaboration 

Btw Mi Camino is not under UMG nor Interscope, so they don't have publishing rights. I doubt this will be promoted after all

Edited by ShadeIena

The instrumentals to Buscando Amor and Vicio still sound so fresh. Ugh Revelación is such a work of art. :clap3: 

16 years ago the queen of pop was born

This Emilia Perez buzz will probably not do the wonders it could do for her career like we all thought, since her only chance in the awards was with Mi Camino and she won't get any nominations for this.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.