Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

I don't know if her fans are acting oblivious on purpose or what but what she REALLY has been trying to tell everyone for years is that she just doesn't want music to be her main career path. Everyone knows her as Alex Russo from that tween tv show and her music. And she has also said she enjoys acting and even fell in love with it since a very young age. She likes making music but she is way over the popstar life, with the touring, the promoting and all that. She is also not THAT passionate about music so that's why she is not someone like Taylor or Bey which live music. She already played that game and, as we all know, she can't do it anymore. 

She will always make music and will release songs and collaborate on soundtracks for her movies if needed but she wants to strip away from the POPSTAR label. It's not that hard to understand and most of her fans are being really annoying completely missing the point. 

Yes, she's gotten a lot of success as a singer, more than most peers but she also prefers acting and, until she is able to prove how good of an actor she is and can carry a movie, she'll have it hard to get more roles. So that is why she can't just stop like Vanessa, Zendaya or Ashley Tisdale have done; because she has made a name for herself in that field, which is a blessing and a course for her especifically. 

She probably feels like she should keep making music because most of her fans like that facet more but I feel like she also has learned that she should ultimately do what she wants to do and if that is acting then so be it. She is not going to retire and stop making music, but I see a path were she doesn't release albums in long periods of time. 

• Like 1

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, GG tomorrow! Excited for her look and what the night will bring

3 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

In other news, GG tomorrow! Excited for her look and what the night will bring

Is she confirmed?

2 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

Is she confirmed?

Yep, and so is Martin Short 

• Thanks 1

Long hair and a spray tan is all she needs Single Soon got more attention than anything since LYTLM. It was just a bad song. 

Souvenir vibes is what I want! EDM gets trashed on (Look at the reaction to the new Ava Max song)

Golden Globes tonight

Let's gooooooo Selenur

:jonny4:

Whew  :gaycat5:

I hope she doesn't bring Benny :biblio:

Edited by La Luna

The red carpet look was ok-ish. I mean, the original dress was stolen so, yeah, we can't complaint too much lol. 

The hair was a big no tho.

She looked so happy and full of energy, interacted with a lot of people too, yay

No comments about that corny IG stories with Benny. I will pretend I didn't see it :mandown:

Edited by La Luna

Btw, about all those dumb rumors and gossips.... Yeah, yeah, Selena is really the main character huh

Always the main topic. People are obsessed.

:fan:

If only she was smart enough to profit from this. Like, girl, sample Obsessed by Mariah and release a bad b*tch song. Would be a easy #1

Too bad she doesn't have the guts for this.

:gaycat7:

Edited by La Luna

red is Selena's colour

she looks stunning this year, I love her dress and make up. She looks happy and radiant

she is my everything sorry, we will get through this hate train

Oscar, SAG, Golden Globes, BAFTA...

yeah, yeah

:ryan3:

Edited by La Luna
  • Like 1

Ughh so excited. This biopic can change for good her acting career. I mean, look at  Austin, that Elvis movie changed his life. He went from c-list to  an Oscar nominee status.

Edited by La Luna
  • Like 1

Excited for the biopic, I really hope she’ll give it her all. Acting coach, singing lesson etc.. 

The constant announcement of social media break is soo annoying and immature though. Like just do it, no need to announce it, especially if it won’t last. How can she not see that social media is toxic for her and her team should take care of it 🤦🏽‍♀️.

• Like 1

At first I've thought she was teasing having baby with benny blanco with that post:deadbanana:

2 hours ago, La Luna said:

Ughh so excited. This biopic can change for good her acting career. I mean, look at  Austin, that Elvis movie changed his life. He went from c-list to  an Oscar nominee status.

This and In The Shadow look both interesting and smart project for her. 

Hopefully she will start filming this year.

Edited by Sad Serenade

6 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

This and In The Shadow look both interesting and smart project for her. 

Hopefully she will start filming this year.

Yup. Both sounds great.  I hope she won't drop the Mountain movie. 

the way selena’s moving lately is so cringe…she needs to disappear for a while and let this hate train era she’s going through pass because it’s obvious that she doesn’t get away with the same **** that she used to anymore, for the first time she’s kinda seen as a widely unlikable person by people which is really bad.

she’s still mother so i’ll support her anyways but i guess this is how the barbz feel 24/7:clownny:

• Like 2

The Linda biopic movie role just got confirmed

Edited by La Luna

That's a great role. I hope they don't take too long to filming tho

And she better not be lazy and prepare for the role

• Like 1

I Think something is coming this month

Confirmed for the Emmys!

and another even today with OMITB cast :worship2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.