Normani

URBAN

13 hours ago, New Edition said:

Imma need Normani on Club Shay Shay to just give us what the work is

I don't see it happening because Shay doesn't just accept answers for what they are, especially when guests dance around the answer, which Normani does often. :fan:

• Haha 1

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

2 hours ago, shelven said:

These holier-than-thou overreactions that pop up here every time anyone makes even a remotely career-related comment about Normani in her fanbase thread where discussions of her career are normal are significantly more annoying than the maybe one or two comments in here that crossed the line into being insensitive :rip: A vast majority of people in this thread are clearly sad for her and are just trying to find things to be hopeful about and keep discussions moving forward. Go take all this repressed anger out in the Celebria thread where people are actually saying problematic things instead of… just discussing her career :toofunny2:

Like maybe that viral Tyler The Creator tweet from a few years ago was right because some of you really just need to close your eyes :deadbanana2:

Be direct and get a life. Focus on your on career how about that. Idk who y'all think y'all are with these assessments about her career. Y'all are not qualified to do so. If the things that were said to her were said to you , I promise y'all wouldn't be saying this. Like i said , y'all are terrible people and feel the need to be over critical when it comes to her when y'all need to be focusing that energy towards yourselves. Put pressure on yourself, not her. 

Edited by Lilaislight
  • Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, Lilaislight said:

Be direct and get a life. Focus on your on career how about that. Idk who y'all think y'all are with these assessments about her career. Y'all are not qualified to do so. If the things that were said to her were said to you , I promise y'all wouldn't be saying this. Like i said , y'all are terrible people and feel the need to be over critical when it comes to her when y'all need to be focusing that energy towards yourselves. Put pressure on yourself, not her. 

You're… literally on the same forum as the rest of us. Why are you in this thread if reading discussions about her career makes you so angry? :rip: Like I genuinely say this to try to help you because you seem truly heated, but maybe it's better for your own health to not be on this forum and read these discussions. Calling people evil and personally attacking them for wanting to have respectful, level-headed discussions about a pop star's career on a pop music forum isn't productive and is just going to make you more annoyed. 

Anyways, I don't want this to turn into some long back and forth, so I'll end things there. Wishing you well and hoping you can maybe re-focus this energy on the people who are actually saying awful things about her outside of this thread instead of attacking her own fans for being interested in her career :heart:

• Like 3

Just now, shelven said:

You're… literally on the same forum as the rest of us. Why are you in this thread if reading discussions about her career makes you so angry? :rip: Like I genuinely say this to try to help you because you seem truly heated, but maybe it's better for your own health to not be on this forum and read these discussions. Calling people evil and personally attacking them for wanting to have respectful, level-headed discussions about a pop star's career on a pop music forum isn't productive and is just going to make you more annoyed. 

Anyways, I don't want this to turn into some long back and forth, so I'll end things there. Wishing you well and hoping you can maybe re-focus this energy on the people who are actually saying awful things about her outside of this thread instead of attacking her own fans for being interested in her career :heart:

You keep painting the people in this thread to be saints and that shows me how deluded you are. Most of y'all are nasty people and I'm not going to be respectful nor levelheaded especially since y'all do not practice that approach when it comes to normani. Y'all deserve that but she doesn't? Be serious. To lie and say y'all are respectful and thoughtful would be insane because these past couple of pages and even prior to that, shows how cruel most of you are. It's ok for y'all to get "heated" and speak down on her when y'all don't get y'alls way, but when the energy is reciprocated it's an issue. Y'all can dish it but can't take it. It's so flaw. Y'all need to refocus that nasty energy toward yourselves so you wouldn't be so distraught over someone else's career. Good day :heart:

Beyoncé posting Teyana and Victoria just made me sick knowing that could've been fave. I'm sad all over again. Literally couldn't watch the show after the news broke out. 

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Beyoncé posting Teyana and Victoria just made me sick knowing that could've been fave. I'm sad all over again. Literally couldn't watch the show after the news broke out. 

Beyoncé's a big deal but her co-signs don't always translate into long lasting success.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Beyoncé's a big deal but her co-signs don't always translate into long lasting success.

My post had nothing to with success. Everybody knows Normani is a Stan.

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Yeah, just so unfortunate. Oh well. Bey is probably waiting for the Candy Paint MV like the rest of us

notwildmani_-_1804969408835572025_-_GIF_

• Haha 5

i'm actually gonna turn into Joker if we don't get that video in the next week. this is making me sick see ppl dogpile on her worse than ever WHY WHY WHY 

6 minutes ago, sleepevaded said:

i'm actually gonna turn into Joker if we don't get that video in the next week. this is making me sick see ppl dogpile on her worse than ever WHY WHY WHY 

It's nothing we can do. It makes me sick seeing these dusties try to jump her while she's down, but all we can do is wait for the next move.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sleepevaded said:

Why so serious?

What has me optimistic is that BET awards were booked and ready for Normani. This shows that Lydia had a plan for her to come back into the scene somehow. They probably need a bit time to curate things around the next few weeks/months differently due to the injury, but I honestly feel better about the "era" than I initially did during the release week tbh. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Anybody else thinks the Little Secrets Demo is better than the official version?

I haven't heard the full demo (only a clip on Twitter) but it sounds way emptier to me. They definitely elevated it for the final version. Still one of my faves on the album :jonny:

5 minutes ago, shelven said:

I haven't heard the full demo (only a clip on Twitter) but it sounds way emptier to me. They definitely elevated it for the final version. Still one of my faves on the album :jonny:

I love the reverb echo effect in songs so that's probably why I'm feeling the demo a bit better, but Little Secrets is one of her best songs period. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crank_It_Up said:

What has me optimistic is that BET awards were booked and ready for Normani. This shows that Lydia had a plan for her to come back into the scene somehow. They probably need a bit time to curate things around the next few weeks/months differently due to the injury, but I honestly feel better about the "era" than I initially did during the release week tbh. 

i agree. i think once normani recovers we'll see the pedal to the medal esp if they're paying attention to what's being said online which i don't doubt they are.

2 hours ago, AFullMoonlight said:

Anybody else thinks the Little Secrets Demo is better than the official version?

Dont listen to demos when official songs are up like 😭😭😂

Edited by Candy Painted

The album is truly excellent, already one of my most played of the year and as a fan great music is the #1 thing you can ask for. I'm so proud of her for getting it out there finally.

But I will admit I'm completely bewildered as to why they shot an expensive-looking teaser clip for the album, but no music videos have been released. That rocket and 20 gallons of silver paint didn't cost zero dollars. They had good cameras. Why was it not turned into a video shoot? And not even a random club performance (remember when Gaga used to do those during Born This Way?). Grassroots marketing is working in 2024, look at Charli XCX's campaign. If Normani had done a couple surprise gay club performances in LA and NY for "Candy Paint" that gays would excitedly share and record on TikTok, it could've done something, maybe.

But as Madonna once sang, nothing equals nothing.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, 2ne1k said:

Yeah, just so unfortunate. Oh well. Bey is probably waiting for the Candy Paint MV like the rest of us

notwildmani_-_1804969408835572025_-_GIF_

The woman who abandoned 2 albums and is, currently, withholding visuals for nearly 60 songs in the span of almost a decade is somewhere cheering Normani on! 

22 minutes ago, TizTiz said:

The woman who abandoned 2 albums and is, currently, withholding visuals for nearly 60 songs in the span of almost a decade is somewhere cheering Normani on! 

Exactly. The power Normani holds...

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.