Normani

URBAN

53 minutes ago, justifymythreads said:

Now let's not go there because your girl literally mentioned them in her last album. YEARS after the fact. After years of letting them the girls take the fall for her no longer wanting to be in the group because got convinced by Roger to go solo. 

The only mention about them is that she doesn't regret being in the group nothing but positivity. 

but at the end of the day none of this drama is gonna boost anyone's career. And it well just alienate any possibility for a reunion which I think some are hoping to have. They might get 4 but there probably won't ever be 5. Not with this constant need to compare and put down to uplift others. 

just focus on MUSIC 

• Like 1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• Flare

• nooniebao

Thanks WheresJay for the Cut article.

One track scans like a love letter to the South with its cool bass line, leaping horns, and nods to Pimp C;

This must be Big Boi, I hear horns in the snippet.

another, one of her favorites, is spacious and atmospheric with a feature from an unexpected guest.

The James Blake feature

I wonder what the remaining songs are like. We will find out in a month and a half!

22 minutes ago, HenryHope said:

One track scans like a love letter to the South with its cool bass line, leaping horns, and nods to Pimp C;

This must be Big Boi, I hear horns in the snippet.

Yup

'Pimpin like C,

I was bought up on it!'

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WheresJay said:

I luv it out now 

Why is normani not posting cut magazine photoshoot on her insta. I am not understanding this rollout tbvh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candy Painted said:

Why is normani not posting cut magazine photoshoot on her insta. I am not understanding this rollout tbvh

I'm wondering the same. Sigh.

30 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

I'm wondering the same. Sigh.

There is no planned "rollout"… Idk why everyone keeps saying they're confused by it.. Normani has made it clear a long time ago that she's not passionate for this anymore. There's literally NO REASON why she hasn't been more active and hasn't been actively promoting. She's literally the biggest let down in the industry and I mean that as someone who has been wanting the best for her since her solo career started. Normani had all the potential and it's horrible that she's had setbacks due to reasonings beyond her control, but now it's like… Ok… Whats the reasoning now?? 

• Thumbs Down 4

6 minutes ago, benten010 said:

There is no planned "rollout"… Idk why everyone keeps saying they're confused by it.. Normani has made it clear a long time ago that she's not passionate for this anymore. There's literally NO REASON why she hasn't been more active and hasn't been actively promoting. She's literally the biggest let down in the industry and I mean that as someone who has been wanting the best for her since her solo career started. Normani had all the potential and it's horrible that she's had setbacks due to reasonings beyond her control, but now it's like… Ok… Whats the reasoning now?? 

A whole ass article came out just this morning meticulously explaining why she's off social media :deadbanana:

Her team can only do so much. Or would you rather they pretend they are her? 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

A whole ass article came out just this morning meticulously explaining why she's off social media :deadbanana:

Her team can only do so much. Or would you rather they pretend they are her? 

I implore y'all to read the article in its entirety. Its really insightful.

As for the album, Normani would be lying, she says, if she pretended not to feel the weight of so much anticipation. "For so long, I allowed music, numbers, and how successful I am define me," she says. That's another reason why Dopamine has taken so long: She needed time to actually live for herself. She was sheltered in her childhood by homeschooling, and it made her feel as if she were removed from other people. "I've always felt like I can hold a conversation, but, like, I'd rather not," she tells me, laughing. "I have this anxiety when it comes to being seen too much or people seeing through me." When she was about 14, just before she got on X Factor, she told her mom that she wanted to go back to school. It frustrated her that there was nothing she could relate to with kids her own age; most of her socialization happened in gyms and dance classes, where the lingua franca was judgment and criticism. "I never experienced my own prom, and I never went to football games. I don't know anything about that," she says. "I felt like I needed to experience things to actually be able to talk about them on a record, whether it's my parents, or heartbreak, or even just being in tune with myself as a 27-year-old woman. There's so much life I've lived in the span of creating this body of work."

From the Elle interview

I think that there's a false narrative that because of how long this process has taken, that means I don't care, or that means I'm more interested in doing other things than putting this body of work out. Nobody wants this project to come out more than me. I think that at the end of the day, if I stand behind this wholeheartedly, it doesn't matter what the world thinks.

• Thanks 2

Good journalism really can shift perception.

I've actually been surprised with the reception and traction of The Cut feature compared to virtually anything else she's ever done.

of course nothing tops visuals and performances but the blitz around her name since Friday has been very impressive and shows just how many people really are interested to learn more about her.

The icing on top until something significant coming along would be keeping the song relatively stable until radio adds.

• Like 8

Her team can easily post the link to the article, so I don't get why they don't.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rickycabello123 said:

Just jealous and lazy

this is Normani's fan base thread, there are other threads on the board to voice negative opinions 

14 minutes ago, harmonizeme89 said:

Her team can easily post the link to the article, so I don't get why they don't.

She's usually good at posting articles and photoshoots. Unless they're annoyed by how much info was in the article. It has been edited and specifics about songs are gone now.

• Like 3

anyways 

wild side > 1:59 > waves :alexz:

an immaculate top three

while i do love popmani, i'm here for a r&bmani album, especially one with a southern hip hop influence

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, remming said:

She's usually good at posting articles and photoshoots. Unless they're annoyed by how much info was in the article. It has been edited and specifics about songs are gone now.

I think that's why she hasn't posted it. She's prob annoyed. I think she also is hesitant because she doesn't want to give "that" situation too much traction. It was a great read and what was mentioned needed to be, however I wish it was written a bit more mindfully. Them brining up the Stan page and them literally mentioning the racist slurs she's called was distasteful imo. Could've done without that. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, remming said:

It's weird they edited out the specifics about songs. I thought it was smart to include some information about the album because from what I've seen online, it seemed like the article drummed up some hype among the fans. It wasn't too revealing at all, I mean…not even a single lyric was shared. :skull:

EDIT: Okay, just saw Lila's post. That makes sense, but I'm still not understanding why the information on the songs were edited out. Other stuff yes.

Edited by Crank_It_Up
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Crank_It_Up said:

It's weird they edited out the specifics about songs. I thought it was smart to include some information about the album because from what I've seen online, it seemed like the article drummed up some hype among the fans. It wasn't too revealing at all, I mean…not even a single lyric was shared. :skull:

EDIT: Okay, just saw Lila's post. That makes sense, but I'm still not understanding why the information on the songs were edited out. Other stuff yes.

Agreed on the confusion about the song info being edited out especially after James and her mom just confirmed it Twitter lol. But I wouldn't be surprised if she was aggravated that titles were mentioned because we all know how secretive she is.

Nice to see how much opinion on social media has shifted since Sunday. Like now I'm seeing nothing but positive comments about her and the song. There are still some negative nancys but for the most part, they have been drowned out.

She's so unintentionally funny. 

she should post her cover for the cut idk for what is she waiting

Posted (edited)

Starting to think 1:59 was a move by the label. Maybe they wanted it first because of the feature and the state of R&B. Normani isn't doing much to hype it herself... nothing near what we've seen her do to fight for Candy Paint. Just a thought...

Edited by WheresJay
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

Starting to think 1:59 was a move by the label. Maybe they wanted it first because of the feature and the state of R&B. Normani isn't doing much to hype it herself... nothing near what we've seen her do to fight for Candy Paint. Just a thought...

I'd 100% believe this. The problem is it could've been smart move if there were more things lined up with it, but again I'm choosing to not call this DOA until the impact date.

RCA should take this surprisingly stable first week as a sign to force her hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

i thought this too lol which is why she didn't say much about it but i wasn't sure if it was a shitty take.

Also is there a video for her LEAD SINGLE ?????

10 minutes ago, _jays_ said:

I'd 100% believe this. The problem is it could've been smart move if there were more things lined up with it, but again I'm choosing to not call this DOA until the impact date.

RCA should take this surprisingly stable first week as a sign to force her hand.

I agree. I still think it could do something on Urban radio and even though I agree with everyone that it's not first single worthy, I see random tweets from people who aren't stans that seem to like the song. 

I found Normani posting the Candy Paint challenge the day before 1:59 was released and not acknowledging 1:59 at all very passive agressive so I could see this being a RCA forced single  :laugh:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.