Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

17 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

At this point, just want LG7 lead to be a good song. Third awful lead single in a row would be tragic. 

Music video needs to be a MEGA MEGA serve too

TVrCRZr.gif

• Replies 213.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

The Harlequin streaming thread is rough, I shouldn't have entered :gaycat7:

Like, can't people see that it's an album mostly filled with covers of 100 years-old jazz songs.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Witch said:

Music video needs to be a MEGA MEGA serve too

TVrCRZr.gif

Y'all in for a looong ride. Keep the expectations low. :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Like, can't people see that it's an album filled with covers of 100 years-old jazz songs.

It's oghs letting all their frustration out because of dwas smashage - and all that for a jazz album. They are desperate :dies:

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

This whole '' DWAS' success helping out LG7 lead in any significant way '' just seems like a whole lot of wishful thinking to me. There is no overall '' hype campaign '' on the internet about Gaga's return to pop music, despite DWAS being a big smash.  :michael:

This. I feel like there was a lot of hype for Chromatica, I saw tons of viral posts across social media platforms in 2019 about how the "rah rah *****" needed to "get weird again." She ended up serving the safest album of her career with a bad lead single, which is a shame because she had hype then post-ASIB I hadn't seen since pre-ARTPOP days. I'm not seeing that so far this time around, but it is what it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Album Leak said:

This whole '' DWAS' success helping out LG7 lead in any significant way '' just seems like a whole lot of wishful thinking to me. There is no overall '' hype campaign '' on the internet about Gaga's return to pop music, despite DWAS being a big smash.  :michael:

It is the job of Gaga / her marketing team to create that hype. It's all up to her. We need a snippet on TIkTok and it needs to be GOOD.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

This. I feel like there was a lot of hype for Chromatica, I saw tons of viral posts across social media platforms in 2019 about how the "rah rah *****" needed to "get weird again." She ended up serving the safest album of her career with a bad lead single, which is a shame because she had hype then post-ASIB I hadn't seen since pre-ARTPOP days. I'm not seeing that so far this time around, but it is what it is. 

Chromatica has some good songs though like Replay/911 but yeah that lead single ruined a lot of the hype....but yeah she doesn't have the hype she did that time. But it doesn't really matter. If the music is good, it will be a hit. 

OMG :rip: honestly it doesn't bother me as much since it's an album full of jazz covers but still 

Anyways DWAS we LUV u!

spacer.png

1 hour ago, babyforlife said:

yeah dwas won't go any higher than #3... it already broke the 2024's Spotify Record so I don't really care anymore if it hit #1 or not.. 

it'll probably go #2 week of Oct 4th, but yeah I don't see it going #1 anymore.

The door is still open but the space is closing, radio is treating this so wrong for the smash it is :(

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

I think Interscope truly wasn't there for a 3rd jazz album

GYqKWvkXoAAs6fv?format=jpg&name=small

Yup I have a great feeling about LG7 being her best yet. I will never doubt mother :jonny2:

Edited by AlGreRithm

1 minute ago, AbeHicks said:

It is the job of Gaga / her marketing team to create that hype. It's all up to her. We need a snippet on TIkTok and it needs to be GOOD.

Yeah, the team hasn't been doing a great job with her image all these years. Can't believe she barely has 60M followers on Instagram. Not sure how it would be the right way to get things moving. 

At least, I think they have been doing a good job playlisting her discography on Spotify. She gets pretty good recurrent streams for her older hits. 

4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

What interview is this from? 

I'm not worried, I have faith in Andrew and Goyle to make something great :xtinass:

15 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I was just about to say this. Gaga already had her '' Gaga needs to dress in weird fashions and be a pop star again '' moment, and while we can contribute some of Chromatica's failings to 2020 being a whole mess and leaks doing some damage to the rollout, she just wasn't able to take advantage of the accumulated hype and Chromatica ended being a wet fart. But all that to say, nobody outside of Gaga fans (current or previous) are really hyping her pop comeback. 

The acclaim and love DWAS has has much to do it with it feeling like a 90s power ballad duet and being so different from other songs that play on the radio, with more focus on relatable lyrics about love and great vocal talent and chemistry between the artists. I don't see how this would generate '' RAH RAH ***** NEEDS TO COME BACK '' hype or energy. 

14 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

This as well. It's up to Gaga and her team to push out the right song with a successful rollout campaign. DWAS' success will have little to do with that rollout, outside of autoplay playing her lead after DWAS. And DWAS is still hitting huge smash numbers despite Harlequin being a flop.

Edited by Album Leak

idk, to quote the late ms kokai, DWAS indeed started off to a shaky start with 4m debut. Because you would expect a song with Bruno and Gaga's name attached to it to attract more attention and do bigger debut. But we saw how it clicked with the GP and is now one of the biggest songs in 2024, and we can attribute that in part due to how great the song is. hence, I don't think Harlequin will derail her momentum. As long as LG7 lead brings quality and melodies, I think it would smash. :celestial5:

Edit: but regardless of how it will perform commercial-wise, I just need another pop record from her :jonny5: and we're just a few weeks away from getting the first taste of what she's been cooking for LG7 :jonny5:

Edited by AlGreRithm
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

I'm not worried, I have faith in Andrew and Goyle to make something great :xtinass:

:clap3: yeah

This would've been such a nice EP

Harlequin

01. The Joker
02. Happy Mistake
03. World On A String
04. Close To You
05. Smile
06. Oh, When The Saints
07. That's Entertainment
08. Folie à Deux

bonus track
09. If My Friends Could See Me Now

Edited by Artur
  • Like 1

I actually don't think it'd be a bad thing to start the teasing for the LG7 single/era, but this little mini-era isn't over so she won't. Maybe next weekend, but I presume she'll perform Harlequin songs on Jimmy Fallon and then she'll post something on Friday about the movie being out. After that I'd ideally like her to shift her insta to LG7 aesthetics, even if the single isn't coming until later in the month. Drop a couple of promo pics and videos, a very short snippet or two etc.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jack! said:

I actually don't think it'd be a bad thing to start the teasing for the LG7 single/era, but this little mini-era isn't over so she won't. Maybe next weekend, but I presume she'll perform Harlequin songs on Jimmy Fallon and then she'll post something on Friday about the movie being out. After that I'd ideally like her to shift her insta to LG7 aesthetics, even if the single isn't coming until later in the month. Drop a couple of promo pics and videos, a very short snippet or two etc.

I was thinking the same, the LG7sters probably only need to get through this next week :alexz3:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

As they SHOULD.. 

Love 4 Sale was a huge BOMB

:ryan3:

I hope Michael convinces her to keep these Grandma Jazz Covers inside Vegas Walls

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

This would've been such a nice stand alone single

1. Folie À Duex 

Bonus tracks: 

The other songs

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

Like, can't people see that it's an album mostly filled with covers of 100 years-old jazz songs.

Yes they can but they won't miss a chance to drag Gaga like this lol

Take the L and go on we still have a Lot to look forward...hopefully.

It amazing me how negative some of y'all still are about her "jazz" albums :rip: she's been performing standards since the earlier years of her career, y'all knew what you were signing up for. 

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.