Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

I was hoping she'd get #1 placement and the cover for her release week, but doubt that'll happen now tbh.

Yes, she will be boycotted by all Spotify playlists.

:ryan3:

• Replies 213.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

6 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

I want to ask the liddos, not as Gaga fans but as music listeners, do you guys actually listen to the Spotify playlists? I feel like I never use TTH or NMF to listen to music, new or trending, I go to the artists page and press play, the rest of the time I use my own playlist or the ones Spotify curates for me, but never TTH or NMF. 

I do. Great way to explore new music and Spotify has good curated playlists. Introduced me to a lot of songs I wouldn't know about otherwise.

QBdZpDm.gif

21 minutes ago, gab00 said:

How can everyone know the movie is underperforming if it hasnt even released?

I get the pre sales thing but don't most of the people just buy their tickets on the day of the movie?

It's statistics. There can always be outliers, of course, but numbers usually don't lie. I follow box office numbers and trends and the predictions so far seem pretty accurate. The fact that most people buy the tickets on the same day is already accounted for in those estimations. 

Some examples. 

• Alien Romulus was estimated to open with $6-7M Thursday previews judging by pre-sale data. It opened that Thursday to $6.5M, so pretty accurate. Considering those numbers and comparing to other movies, it was expected to open $41-50M depending on walk-ups (people buying tickets that same day) and how front-loaded it is (popular franchises are usually more front-loaded). It ended up opening to $42M as it was more front loaded due to fans going earlier to watch the movie and having less walk-ups (expected when compared to other Alien and franchise oriented movies, as well as horror generally having worse legs).
  • It Ends WIth Us was also estimated to open with $6-7M Thursday previews, projected to reach $40-46M for the full weekend. Movie opened to $7M previews and $50M during the weekend. More walk-ups than expected and previews coming in the higher end of the predictions.

Now JFAD is tracking in the same range as these 2 movies, with $6-7M previews estimated. Again, these numbers can go higher or lower depending on what happens this week. Walk-ups can only take you so far. Outliers do exist, but it won't suddenly do $30M more than projected if by Wednesday it's still tracking to do $6-7M Thursday previews. So yeah, right now we're looking at a $45-55M opening that could potentially go lower (like Alien Romulus) or higher (if previews go beyond $7M, it's not too front loaded, and has decent enough walk-ups), but anything above $60M is almost impossible as of today. By Wednesday we will now if it has any chance to go higher than $60M.  

Edited by Zerocoke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GipJo said:

Yes, she will be boycotted by all Spotify playlists.

I didn't say that, but continue being a cupcake.

1 minute ago, Zerocoke said:

It's statistics. There can always be outliers, of course, but numbers usually don't lie. I follow box office numbers and trends and the predictions so far seem pretty accurate. The fact that most people buy the tickets on the same day is already accounted for in those estimations. 

Some examples. 

• Alien Romulus was estimated to open with $6-7M Thursday previews judging by pre-sale data. It opened that Thursday to $6.5M, so pretty accurate. Considering those numbers and comparing to other movies, it was expected to open $41-50M depending on walk-ups (people buying tickets that same day) and how front-loaded it is (popular franchises are usually more front-loaded). It ended up opening to $42M as it was more front loaded due to fans going earlier to watch the movie and having less walk-ups (unexpected when compared to other Alien and franchise oriented movies, as well as horror generally having worse legs).
  • It Ends WIth Us was also estimated to open with $6-7M Thursday previews, projected to reach $40-46M for the full weekend. Movie opened to $7M previews and $50M during the weekend. More walk-ups than expected and previews coming in the higher end of the predictions.

Now JFAD is tracking in the same range as these 2 movies, with $6-7M previews estimated. Again, these numbers can go higher or lower depending on what happens this week. Walk-ups can only take you so far. Outliers do exist, but it won't suddenly do $30M more than projected if by Wednesday it's still tracking to do $6-7M Thursday previews. So yeah, right now we're looking at a $45-55M opening that could potentially go lower (like Alien Romulus) or higher (if previews go beyond $7M, it's not too front loaded, and has decent enough walk-ups), but anything above $60M is almost impossible as of today. By Wednesday we will now if it has any chance to go higher than $60M.  

Thanks for this summary. 

Disappointing all around. Let's hope it stays above $50M..

• Like 1

Some of you really let the OGHs dictate what to think.

Gaga career is in the same spot it was a week ago. J:FAD underperformance will not affect her acting career and Harlequin will not affect the lead performance. Nobody that a week before Harlequin was hyped about Gaga's music will not check it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13

11 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

I want to ask the liddos, not as Gaga fans but as music listeners, do you guys actually listen to the Spotify playlists? I feel like I never use TTH or NMF to listen to music, new or trending, I go to the artists page and press play, the rest of the time I use my own playlist or the ones Spotify curates for me, but never TTH or NMF. 

I feel like only the GP listens to those playlists, people that aren't part of Stan culture

moo.png

If it makes us feel better, Adam Driver's new movie is a complete bomb this weekend. :eli:

That's what he gets for how he treated Patrizia 

:gaygacat4:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, frankvert said:

The fact that OGHs are even attempting drags at Harlequin when their fave would never have the balls or raw talent to release such a project in the first place is mind boggling. Know your place pls. 

EDIT: Also forgot to add their faves would never even have a chance to make an album inspired by JFAD, because they don't have the pedigree or qualifications to have been considered to be cast as Harley Quinn either. 

spacer.png

I'm done playing nice. The creatures on this website that Stan 2-bit pop tarts need to start putting respect on Gaga's pedigree. Especially when their infallible Diddyonce is about to be implicated in crimes against humanity 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

I do not stream Gaga's music outside of the first few listens of an album, and afterwards I collect the songs I like.. legally of course :ninja:..  and put them into my MP3 player which is my main source of listening to music. Gaga ain't getting many cents from me these days, but I will buy LG7 :wave2:

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

I do not stream Gaga's music outside of the first few listens of an album, and afterwards I collect the songs I like.. legally of course :ninja:..  and put them into my MP3 player which is my main source of listening to music. Gaga ain't getting many cents from me these days, but I will buy LG7 :wave2:

The way the OGHs seem to have eaten up some peoples sense of humour

TVrCRZr.gif

Edited by Hair
  • Like 4

I'm also reading that the $200M budget for the movie is a lie, and Todd said it was "absurd" — I wonder what the actual budget is?

That makes a difference on whether it'll be seen as a success or not.

1 hour ago, babyforlife said:

The Weeknd feat Carti song lost 35% on the second day :deadbanana4:

Not karma coming back to bite you minutes later with Harlequen dropping nearly 50% :skull:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

Never 

At this point, just want LG7 lead to be a good song. Third awful lead single in a row would be tragic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

we could've sailed into the LG7 era on the back of DWAS being the juggernaut that it is. But Lady Garland had to roll out the trumpets for another outing and now we're heading into October with an OUT-OUT! :clap3:

On the bright side, our standards have been reset so at least LG7 single will look like a smash against this! 

Edited by Dawn the Jockey
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 3

This whole '' DWAS' success helping out LG7 lead in any significant way '' just seems like a whole lot of wishful thinking to me. There is no overall '' hype campaign '' on the internet about Gaga's return to pop music, despite DWAS being a big smash.  :michael:

25 minutes ago, Zerocoke said:

Some examples. 

• Alien Romulus was estimated to open with $6-7M Thursday previews judging by pre-sale data. It opened that Thursday to $6.5M, so pretty accurate. Considering those numbers and comparing to other movies, it was expected to open $41-50M depending on walk-ups (people buying tickets that same day) and how front-loaded it is (popular franchises are usually more front-loaded). It ended up opening to $42M as it was more front loaded due to fans going earlier to watch the movie and having less walk-ups (expected when compared to other Alien and franchise oriented movies, as well as horror generally having worse legs).

We talking about 60M$ on the first week  in Canadá+USA ONLY. Not ww right?

4 hours ago, GipJo said:

Spotify Global: #1 11,126,137

Spotify USA #3 1,935,092

Biggest Sat. Update

Surpassing BT on Most Day at #1

:clap3:

2 hours ago, Hair said:

Spotify Monthly Listeners Update

#4. (=) Lady Gaga - 97,842,172 (+581,310)

:clap3:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

At this point, just want LG7 lead to be a good song. Third awful lead single in a row would be tragic. 

Exactly, we already had Stupid Love. We need a masterpiece. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.