• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Just now, RandomHooker said:

Who wants to start a new countdown for tomorrow?

tenor.gif

23h55 minutes :doc:

can any insider free us from this purgatory we are in? Pleek

Calm down girlies, we're only 2 weeks away from a new single & video :WAP:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

Calm down girlies, we're only 2 weeks away from a new single & video :WAP:

New single and video by whom? :ryan3:

• Haha 3

I hate Gar for not releasing a video for Replay. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueenB said:

is it just me that wants her to do a song with Redone again? I feel like since she starved him out that he would absolutely bring his A-game.. 

your wish will come true :fan:

Billie released a new video today, and she's interscope, maybe Gaga goes next week? :rip:

3 minutes ago, Aden said:

Context is important when ranking Gaga's albums in terms of overall success.

ARTPOP has sold more SPS than Chromatica and Joanne but the entire dropped like a dead body after Applause, it's the closest she has to a panned record, and the arena tour barely scraped $83 million.

Joanne sold more in the US, but it's global numbers ain't it and she needed to perform the era's only hit 50x plus at a halftime show just to get to the top 5. The arena tour accomplished a respectable $95 million but the album's longevity is basically MR. :rip:

Chromatica earned Gaga her first pop #1 since Born This Way, had a #5 peaking lead despite being leaked months in advance, won a Grammy, earned her the strongest first-week debut since 2013, is one of her most acclaimed albums, has had better longevity than the other two records, and had a record-breaking stadium tour that grossed $120 million with a tenth of the dates the other tours had.

Objectively speaking, this is the correct ranking of her most recent albums' performances:

1. Chromatica

2. ARTPOP

3. Joanne

This is the correct answer.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Now, if I could personally re-do the last 8 years of Gaga's career, here's what I'd do:

- JOANNE - pivoting from ARTPOP was important and C2C was a brilliant move. But I don't think she swung hard enough for Joanne. It was trying too hard to straddle the lines between ballads, country and dance music. It should have gone full-Folklore and been TRULY stripped back and that would have made more of an impact IMHO.

- A STAR IS BORN - no notes except for the pop tracks but the movie kinda doomed those the way they were positioned in the narrative.

- CHROMATICA - after the massive success of ASIB, she abandoned all those new fans and tried to release a "return to form" that no one was asking for except her aging gay fanbase. She should have made an Adele-like album after ASIB and waited for the "we want weird gaga back" demand to build for LG7.  A ballads album would have done much better during the pandemic, too. That being said, she did pick up some new Gen Z gay fans with Chromatica, but frankly I feel like TikTok's discovery of BTW has done more in that regard.

Edited by TheHanyo
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

The thought of another hag era after ASIB... Please be serious

• Haha 6

Oh Lord another day with those rankings. 

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, TSwiftie said:

The thought of another hag era after ASIB... Please be serious

Taylor Swift is the blueprint. Folklore worked for her so she followed it up with the exact same sound on Evermore. And she hasn't really departed that much since. Gaga immediately pivoted after peaking for the second time. It wasn't the right move.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Another big update cominggg!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheHanyo said:

Taylor Swift is the blueprint. Folklore worked for her so she followed it up with the exact same sound on Evermore. And she hasn't really departed that much since. Gaga immediately pivoted after peaking for the second time. It wasn't the right move.

It was the best move. Gaga is not Taylor Swift. She's way more interesting, creative, one of a kind. She's clearly thinking out of the box in regards to her releases. That's what's making her ahead of the game in terms of the actual art.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheHanyo said:

I understand what you mean and I love everything Taylor releases however thats not what I (and some other liddos as well) dont want from Gaga since she shines best in reinventing herself every era/album. Thats what keeps me on the edge. Taylor found her lane and she does her stuff very well (IMO :eli:) its just not what us fans or Gaga herself expect from it

Wigs ranking!!! based on the entire era :nicole:

1. TFM

2. BTW

3. TF

4. ARTPOP

5. Chromatica

1 hour ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Billie released a new video today

The budget for shooting that video is 5 dollars

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TheHanyo said:

A folk record worked for Taylor because the foundation was laid from her initial country releases. It's not a tremendously far departure from Fearless, Speak Now, etc.

ASIB was truly the first time Gaga smashed hard with singer-songwriter ballads. I'm not certain Shallow/ARUTW's successes were going to guarantee another smash HAC era. It's also pretty evident that her rebranding campaign was meant to build her back into dance/electro pop. Chromatica being a successful era overall proved that she made the right call to focus on house instead of relying on ASIB's sound like a crutch. Not to forget that in doing so, she actually arrived to the house revival FIRST.

Now when it comes to LG7, it'll probably be the smarter move to focus on music beyond the dance/house/pop that initially made her famous. Tracks like Poker Face and Bad Romance are legendary but I can see LG7 flopping if she were to release that exact kind of sound again. I'm hoping she took a more evolved approach.

Edited by Aden
  • Like 3

LADY GAGA HAS 2 FEATURES ON LG7!

ALSO ONE OF THE TRACKS FROM LG7 HAS A DEPECHE MODE SAMPLE!!

Spoiler

FEATURING ARTISTS:  T-- W-----  and ---- ---. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well I personally think yes, after ASIB, an album full of Always Rememner Us this Way, Shallow, Ill Never Love Again, Is that Alright?, Music to my Eyes with a few mid-tempo bops here and there, would have done wonders for her career. Chromatica right after Asib scared people she gained with ASIB away, especially that Stupid Luv video :skull:

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

"Is the blueprint" and is an entirely different kind of artist :dies:

a third more stripped back record in a row would've made NO sense

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jp1 said:

Hide contents

omg cali xcx can't wait :WAP:

2 minutes ago, jp1 said:

Hide contents

Doja Kat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.